Warner Music

Be The First To
Add Photos

Warner Music CEO Stephen F. Cooper

Stephen F. Cooper

Pros
  • Nice employees with many different interests which develop a unique work environment(in 9 reviews)

• Great people, productive working environment, and overall a nice place to work(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • No pay, but not a bad thing at all considering the experience and networking opportunities you are gaining(in 5 reviews)

• Disconnect between upper management and employees(in 4 reviews)

Terrible Place

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsNo pros here at all.

ConsAbsolutely one of the worst companies I have ever worked for. People are not very bright, unprofessional and their technology is outdated especially in the BTS area. Environment was disgusting. Unemployment rate is dropping. You could find something better and not settle for this poorly run company. Stay away from this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementSince Warner Music is privately owned by a billionaire, I highly recommend you suggest to the billionaire that he sell Warner Music immediately and cut his losses.

Avoid Licensing and Royalties Department

Licensing Coordinator (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prosnone - see cons. maybe the only good thing was that the hours were pretty standard.

ConsLicensing/Royalties department is like a black hole. No respect from company, totally disregarded as bottom of the barrel workers. Salaries remained stagnant for years. Senior Management in this department is completely unqualified. Computer systems are outdated and inefficient.

Advice to Senior Managementshow more respect and integrate that department with the rest of company functions. Offer raises.

Totally impersonal corporate machine, treats everyone as though they are completely expendable.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsDecent health insurance, dental, 401K.

ConsUnreasonably low salary, miserable office environment, no appreciation (monetary or otherwise) of employees, layoffs occurring routinely.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was a job in music, so you deal with the disappointments.

Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsFun industry, casual environment, free music and concert tickets. Lots of cake and champagne during office events.

ConsVery little opportunity for advancement. Senior level managers are biased in their decision making. If you are trendy, pretty and young, you are excused. Very outdated system/environment. Female assistants end up being secretaries for a while. Male assistants are easily promoted.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being biased. Be fair.

Disappointing

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe industry is unique and depending upon your role / department, opportunity to be in a very creative position with exposure to artists.

ConsVery siloed culture across business units.
    Sr. Leaders are virtually invisible to employees.
    Communication is poor at best. Successes and accomplishments are so rarely celebrated or publicized across the business.
    There is virtually no desire within the business to improve how we do things.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold Town Hall Meetings at least 2x / year. Share and celebrate major accomplishments, communicate a clear vision for the future.

OK

Concert Tickets
    mentors
    charity giving
    parties
    game rooms and half day fridays

ConsManagement to clicking like highschool

Accounting Director

ConsPoor Mid level Leadership
    Huge rotation of personal
    Office Bullying
    Not clear career path
    Not clarity on leadership roles
    Lack of 360 reviews
    Huge support to external Consultants over employees
    No training budget
    For new hires Only 6 sick days per year and 10 vacation days (regardless of level)
    Low salaries
    Lack of consistency in titles within the Finance Organization. (You can find 5 year of experience Directors vs 15 years of experience ones)

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Finance organization need a clearer structure

PASS

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFree lunch and dinner during close

ConsLong work hours, zero appreciation. Poor Upper Management

Far better places out there

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

Pros- Brand Name
    - Casual Dress Code

ConsToo many to list. Lets see:
    - Ancient, out of touch with market reality and how to treat people.
    - Poor and unreliable managers with whimsical style of operation. No sense of loyalty.
    - Extremely top down. No autonomy. Managers one level up are invisible and sit on their high horse. Open communication is looked down upon.
    - No process or policies whatsoever.
    - Hire and Fire is core to their culture. Yes, you are extremely expendable. Thats why they love working with contractors.
    - Heavily outsourced as well and yes at the first chance your job would get shipped and you would be redundant.

Steering a sinking oil tanker from the middle

(Former Employee)

ProsCasual dress, nice office and location.

ConsPertains to WEA at WMG corporate. Highly unprofessional, temper tantrums, sagging technical know-how due to legacy personnel, a very bro-like atmosphere. Middle management is comprised of former interns who seem to carry the intern mentality forward: that you pay your dues and it's a privilege to work in such a environment. Upper management, however, are relatively solid people.

Worst job I've ever had. Half a year later I was making $40k more at a more professional company where those I supported were straight-up decent human beings.

Advice to Senior ManagementBest of luck, but you guys fell asleep at the wheel.

Worked for Warner Music? Contribute to the Community!