Wasatch Property Management

Dell Loy Hansen

1. Great Company

Current Employee - General Manager in Logan, UT
    Current Employee - General Manager in Logan, UT

I have been working at Wasatch Property Management full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Tons of room for growth

Cons

Small enough to still be small but big enough to be big

2. Resident Services

Current Employee - Resident Services in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Current Employee - Resident Services in Rancho Cordova, CA

I have been working at Wasatch Property Management part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are a full time employee, you will receive 30% off your rent however if you are part time you will only receive 10% off your rent.

Cons

There is hardly any room for advancement through this big company.

Advice to Management

Have bigger incentives for employeea because we do a lot to make it happen for residents.

3. Financial Manager

I worked at Wasatch Property Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work environment with positive and motivating staff.

Cons

Lack of training from upper management.

5. Postive environment for growth.

Current Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

I have been with Wasatch for 8 years now . I have had good times and bad times. Worked under great managers and poor managers one thing I found was hard work and being pro-active is the way to advance . I have held a total of 5 different positions with wasatch. I started at a tech position and moved up.

Cons

Promotion from within more. .more often then not I have seen poor employees hired to managerial positions just to be fired months later

Advice to Management

Promotion from within

6. Worked with Property managers

Pros

Growing company with high aspirations

Cons

Slow to adopt technology to make work easier

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY

Current Employee - Property Manager
    Current Employee - Property Manager

I have been working at Wasatch Property Management full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

No real pros. At times there is a laid back work environment that is nice here and there. Other than that no pros at all

Cons

NO raises at all. Be prepared to work for the intial salary you have been hired for even if you have been there for 5 years worked your butt off and have consistently been a top producer they don't care about that. They micro manage the crap out of you and your property. Too much politics are involved with upper management. Regional managers believe they are so smart when in fact they are clueless and only care for themselves and will throw the site team under the bus without hesitation. They work you and stress you to death. THE CHEAPEST management company out in the industry BY FAR!!

Advice to Management

Be true to your goal and "vision" quit lying to your employees and residents. Qui the unnessecary micro managing of your GOOD employees. Throw your employees a bone here and there when they work their butts off for you money hungry capitalisitc no good company.

8. I worked for one of their restaurants and it was a good experience but a horribly ran restaurant.

Former Employee - Food Server in Logan, UT
    Former Employee - Food Server in Logan, UT

I worked at Wasatch Property Management part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good hours and a good job to have while going to school. The work was customer service oriented and all the difficulties that come with that should be expected.

Cons

Terrible work environment, the back kitchen staff was rude to servers and then servers were rude to each other.

Advice to Management

?

I Love This Company

Current Employee - On Site Financial Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - On Site Financial Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Wasatch Property Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Tons of ways to earn more money. Everyone from site level to corporate level is amazing. Friendly, encouraging, loyal and competent staff.

Cons

Raises are almost never given. Be prepared to keep the wage you were hired on with for the duration of your employment.

10. Wasatch is an amazing company to work for and to grow.

Former Employee - Financial Manager in South Jordan, UT
    Former Employee - Financial Manager in South Jordan, UT

I worked at Wasatch Property Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing Manager who wish for you to succeed Great Bonus Structure Some of the properties are 5 star and are amazing to work for

Cons

Bonuses can sometime be hard to get approved if "I's' arnt dotted and "T's" crossed the auditors are not very lenient. Just work to the book and you'll be fine.

Advice to Management

Train before you promote and screen new employees better, as you know it's impossible to get rid of someone that is weighing down the team.

11. unless you brown nose

Former Employee - Tech in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Tech in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Wasatch Property Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I liked what they stood for 10 years ago when they did what they could to help the employees out

Cons

They are very into the gossip and if you dont play the games you never can move up! I am more experience than the regional there with running properties. Yet with this they treat you as a threat and will make your life hell! do not work for they pay the worst in the industry and yet they might have some perks that sound good the benefits over all suck!

Advice to Management

treat old and currant employees with respect sometimes the small guy know that the managers on site are screwing you from behind they are where they are most of the time because they are snakes! FLUSH THE MANAGEMENT OUT! start over then you might become a better company

RSS Feed </> Embed