Waste Industries USA

Be The First To
Add Photos

Waste Industries USA CEO Ven Poole

Ven Poole

The Best Garbage Company on the Word!!!

Residential Driver (Current Employee) Millsboro, DE

ProsThey have a lot hours to work if u like work, if is not dont apply. My supervisor works as a normal employee, he does everything at the yard, office etc.. Then I saw my manager a Sunday at Walmart using a cap with the company logo.Never see that in my life, so when a manager does that is because he loves the company and, that's very important

ConsThey don't have Tractor Trailers at lease at my branch. The Waste Industries Sing outside the company doesn't have neon lighting

Good Company, but not great.

Internal Auditor (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsGood at promoting from within
    Pretty good benefits package with a nice 401k deal
    Some of the supervisors are really easy to work with and have your best interests at heart

ConsSome of the executives try to run the company like other larger waste disposal companies
    Some of the people are vindictive and have sour attitudes

Advice to Senior ManagementReally elevate and praise those employees who work hard. Put them into leadership roles so that the company can be more reflective of them.

Worst management and communications I have ever experienced.

Driver (Former Employee) Townsend, DE

ProsThe only good thing was the pay and benefits.

ConsThe company is micro managed. At the Townsend yard people are treated like garbage. you also have no personal life. they make drivers work 60 to 70 hours a week. And we only use to work between 40 and 50, they expect us to do all this extra work but for no more money than what we were making. All in all I have been in the industry for over 10 years and I think this is a very poorly run company.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the people that are out on the road. At least make it seem that you care about peoples personal lives.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working here is a STRESSFUL work enviroment.

Driver (Current Employee) Summerville, SC

ProsGreat pay, and benefits, also opportunity to move up.

ConsBad management, promotions to unqualified people, disrespect, the management in the Summerville ,SC office is very unprofessional. I have worked in several location throughout the states and this office is by far the worst i have worked in. Waste Industries is a wonderful place to work, as long as you don't get stuck in the Summerville, SC shop. If the Corporate office would look into Management in this office, they would be shocked at what really goes on in here. Mistreatment of employees, and getting rid of the good employees with bogus reasons. It will all blow up one day.

Advice to Senior ManagementCheck into the Summerville,SC office!!! The management is very corrupt, they are letting go the good workers that have worked here for years, and hiring and keeping on slackers and anyone who questions the issues that are going on. If Corporate does not intervene soon, this shop is going to self destruct.

What's Up, how are we doing?

Dump Site Worker (Current Employee) Burgaw, NC

ProsIts very rewarding when you get to help others and meet members of your community. I often hear from them "You are so helpful." The members of my community also tell me Thank You, have a great day and often I hear God Bless You. It makes me smile and feel good about myself because of the way they respond to me and my actions toward them. Some of the people even bring me fresh food from their gardens and that makes me know they are thinking of me even when they aren't at the dump site. There are a few gentlemen that always offer me a bottle of water. Two sisters share goodies with me when they bake. I get treated so well from my community members it's too much to mention all they do or say to make me feel appreciated. On the down side you have to deal with the elements of Mother Nature. I don't get too much feedback about what is going on at Waste Industries. I wish they had a bulletion that informed us of whats going on and openings within the company. The pay could be better too. We have to pass a drug test and background check but only make Minimun wage.

ConsIt's a very Dirty Job. You have to deal with maggots, flys, roaches, mice etc...
    You are around metal containers and have to work in extreme heat, cold, rain and thunderstorms.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a newsletter or talk to the employees and inform them of openings or promotions within the company. Upgrade the salary scale for outside workers. Offer some benefits for part time workers.

Good people, good values, good work environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsReasonable work hours and employees are treated with respect. Pay is on par with industry standards. People are generally friendly and considerate.

ConsCareer opportunities somewhat limited. Training programs are non existent. Other than the already mentioned there are no real issues with the work environment.

I am always given the opportunity to learn new things.

ProsVery supportive team makes it easy to handle daily job responsibilities, love everyday of work because I can always learn something and everyone is willing to help you

ConsDon't really have any cons

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't have any advice to management

A good place to work, and treated with respect.

Frontend Driver (Current Employee)

ProsOn site management treats the employees with respect. The company provides the best equipment to work with. They try their best to have the best benefits for the employees. I have been with the company for 20 plus years, I have enjoyed the time and looking for many more.

ConsHaving to order parts for the truck when they go down instead of having them in stock, not talking about major parts, things like belts, lights ecta.

it's a job if you need one

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

Prosyou get a paycheck at least

Consit's not much of a paycheck but it is better than nothing at all-at least that is what i keep telling myself

Advice to Senior Managementlisten, ask, incoporate, give feedback. ask, listen, listen, try, try, try, incorporate, incorporate, listen, listen, listen, listen, listen, ask, listen

Worked for Waste Industries USA? Contribute to the Community!