Waste Industries USA

Updated September 23, 2014
3.1

Waste Industries USA CEO Ven Poole
Ven Poole

Good company to work for!

I have been working at Waste Industries USA

Pros

Good company overall, good work environment!

Cons

Corporate paperwork, meetings, conference calls! Tracking data,

Too many price increases!

Used to be great place

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wilmington, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wilmington, NC

I worked at Waste Industries USA full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Some Co-workers and all customers

Cons

Petty coworkers, management doesn't follow through

Care about all employees and make everyone feel wanted.

worst place to work ever

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Street, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Street, MD

I have been working at Waste Industries USA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

pay and benefits are ok. some good co workers. not much else positive to say about the street branch. regular pay raises every year

Cons

highest turnover of employees in the world-average 3 a month fired or quit. people treated like garbage and they make up excuses to get rid of good people and replace with lower paid employees. the branch manager is a tyrant who screams and yells at his employees all the time and his cronies are miserable to have to work for. its all about the numbers and bonuses, not about the employees or customers

maybe if they started treating their employees and customers good maybe they could actually keep customers and good people if they would stop firing them because it makes the numbers look better and increases their bonuses

The Best Garbage Company on the Word!!!

Current Employee - Residential Driver in Millsboro, DE
    Current Employee - Residential Driver in Millsboro, DE

I have been working at Waste Industries USA full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They have a lot hours to work if u like work, if is not dont apply. My supervisor works as a normal employee, he does everything at the yard, office etc.. Then I saw my manager a Sunday at Walmart using a cap with the company logo.Never see that in my life, so when a manager does that is because he loves the company and, that's very important

Cons

They don't have Tractor Trailers at lease at my branch. The Waste Industries Sing outside the company doesn't have neon lighting

Good Company, but not great.

Current Employee - Internal Auditor in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Internal Auditor in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Waste Industries USA full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good at promoting from within
    Pretty good benefits package with a nice 401k deal
    Some of the supervisors are really easy to work with and have your best interests at heart

Cons

Some of the executives try to run the company like other larger waste disposal companies
    Some of the people are vindictive and have sour attitudes

Really elevate and praise those employees who work hard. Put them into leadership roles so that the company can be more reflective of them.

Worst management and communications I have ever experienced.

Former Employee - Driver in Townsend, DE
    Former Employee - Driver in Townsend, DE

I worked at Waste Industries USA

Pros

The only good thing was the pay and benefits.

Cons

The company is micro managed. At the Townsend yard people are treated like garbage. you also have no personal life. they make drivers work 60 to 70 hours a week. And we only use to work between 40 and 50, they expect us to do all this extra work but for no more money than what we were making. All in all I have been in the industry for over 10 years and I think this is a very poorly run company.

Listen to the people that are out on the road. At least make it seem that you care about peoples personal lives.

Working here is a STRESSFUL work enviroment.

Current Employee - Driver in Summerville, SC
    Current Employee - Driver in Summerville, SC

I have been working at Waste Industries USA

Pros

Great pay, and benefits, also opportunity to move up.

Cons

Bad management, promotions to unqualified people, disrespect, the management in the Summerville ,SC office is very unprofessional. I have worked in several location throughout the states and this office is by far the worst i have worked in. Waste Industries is a wonderful place to work, as long as you don't get stuck in the Summerville, SC shop. If the Corporate office would look into Management in this office, they would be shocked at what really goes on in here. Mistreatment of employees, and getting rid of the good employees with bogus reasons. It will all blow up one day.

Check into the Summerville,SC office!!! The management is very corrupt, they are letting go the good workers that have worked here for years, and hiring and keeping on slackers and anyone who questions the issues that are going on. If Corporate does not intervene soon, this shop is going to self destruct.

What's Up, how are we doing?

Current Employee - Dump Site Worker in Burgaw, NC
    Current Employee - Dump Site Worker in Burgaw, NC

I have been working at Waste Industries USA

Pros

Its very rewarding when you get to help others and meet members of your community. I often hear from them "You are so helpful." The members of my community also tell me Thank You, have a great day and often I hear God Bless You. It makes me smile and feel good about myself because of the way they respond to me and my actions toward them. Some of the people even bring me fresh food from their gardens and that makes me know they are thinking of me even when they aren't at the dump site. There are a few gentlemen that always offer me a bottle of water. Two sisters share goodies with me when they bake. I get treated so well from my community members it's too much to mention all they do or say to make me feel appreciated. On the down side you have to deal with the elements of Mother Nature. I don't get too much feedback about what is going on at Waste Industries. I wish they had a bulletion that informed us of whats going on and openings within the company. The pay could be better too. We have to pass a drug test and background check but only make Minimun wage.

Cons

It's a very Dirty Job. You have to deal with maggots, flys, roaches, mice etc...
    You are around metal containers and have to work in extreme heat, cold, rain and thunderstorms.

Create a newsletter or talk to the employees and inform them of openings or promotions within the company. Upgrade the salary scale for outside workers. Offer some benefits for part time workers.

Good people, good values, good work environment

I worked at Waste Industries USA

Pros

Reasonable work hours and employees are treated with respect. Pay is on par with industry standards. People are generally friendly and considerate.

Cons

Career opportunities somewhat limited. Training programs are non existent. Other than the already mentioned there are no real issues with the work environment.

I am always given the opportunity to learn new things.

I have been working at Waste Industries USA

Pros

Very supportive team makes it easy to handle daily job responsibilities, love everyday of work because I can always learn something and everyone is willing to help you

Cons

Don't really have any cons

Don't have any advice to management