Waste Management

Waste Management Reviews in Kirkland, WA

2.7

Waste Management President, CEO & Director David P. Steiner
David P. Steiner

Pros
  • great benefits and you can get all the hours you need allowed by dot (in 31 reviews)

• Fellow Employees, good benefits if you can afford the with the Lay-down days (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • The customer service supervisor sits in her office all day eating (in 16 reviews)

• Long hours management don't care for you just be at work av (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

The Benefits are great

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Kirkland, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

I worked at Waste Management

Pros

The Benefit package was outstanding. The company as a whole was nice to work for.

Cons

The call center atmosphere always has issues. They couldn't seem to keep a call center manager. The company has a tendency to be more matrix oriented than customer service oriented.

Listen to the newest person on your call center floors. Ask them what they see. Ask them how they would change things if they could. Listen, Listen, Listen. Talk to the people that have been there for years. Their ideas are not always based on being stuck in the past. They deal with your programs, your customers, and they problems that come, on a daily basis. If anyone knows what could help them, it is your employees.

Bad leadership

Former Employee - Call Center  in  Kirkland, WA
    Former Employee - Call Center in Kirkland, WA

I worked at Waste Management

Pros

Good pay and hours. The corporate office was nice enough to send WM promotional merchidise to us while I was there.

Cons

Being moved to Setup I was given a lot more responsibility but no promotion or raise. Management liked to say that is because it's not more but different responsibilities, but I still had to take calls and do all the tasks previously just ended up with a lot more multi tasking work and no benefits.

You need to make your employees feel a lot more appreciated.

Waste Management is fortunate to have so many great employees and should find better ways to take care of them.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Kirkland, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

I worked at Waste Management

Pros

The best reason to work for Waste Management is the people. The people you work with day in and day out (for the most part) work hard and are a pleasure to work with.

Cons

The company does not properly compensate employees and does not reward or recognize for hard work. The waste industry in general is perhaps one of the hardest working industries to be a part of. Locally, there is a huge disadvantage to the managers chosen to be in leadership positions. The company operates with an "old boys club" mentality.

My advice to management would be to honor thr frontline team members and operate with more transparancy.

Worked for Waste Management? Contribute to the Community!