Waste Management

Updated December 22, 2014
2.7

Waste Management President, CEO & Director David P. Steiner
David P. Steiner

Pros
  • Good pay, really friendly work place environment, growth potential (in 37 reviews)

• Good benefits / annual bonus (if at all paid) (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours management don't care for you just be at work av (in 18 reviews)

• Central Dispatch & customer service do not have the ability to address customer's needs (in 17 reviews)

More Highlights

AWESOME

I have been working at Waste Management

Pros

Really have enjoyed my time with WM

Cons

I can think of any cons

nonE

Londonderry nh /woburn ma

I have been working at Waste Management

Pros

Work hard give 120% and after 10 to 20 or moore years. You will be in the same position
    maby $2 or $3 moore an hr whith 2 moore weeks vacation . It's the highest paying day care center in newengland .great place to work good luck.

Cons

They will stalk you every minute you are on the clock.If your in cab cam goes off you will be written up for nose picking.So please use a tissue. You will be promised the world.Most unethical place to work .You will be treated as the trash you haul.Use them before they use you .

Sleep well,You treat your employees like trash.But don't worry wm will treat you the same way .When you least expect it you will be shoved out the door.As you should.Have a great day.

CSR

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Waste Management full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good pay, really friendly work place environment, growth potential

Cons

U cant change your schedule or department until after 6 months plus of being there or unless someone approach you.

Great

Great Place to work

Former Employee - Operations Improvement Analyst in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Operations Improvement Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at Waste Management full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Place to work with great benefits and people. I would suggest working for this company.

Cons

No Issues at this time

Keep up the good work

Fantastic Company

Former Employee - Learning Practitioner in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Learning Practitioner in Houston, TX

I worked at Waste Management full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great corporate culture, great outreach and connectivity to the field. Growing company with good vision from senior leadership. Always busy, but the company is very much employee and customer focused

Cons

As a waste disposal industry there is a lot to learn if you are new to the business. Best practice is do steady research to learn and talk to as many experienced people as possible.

Keep up the great work!

Former employee

Former Employee - Route Manager in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Route Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at Waste Management full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The are Very nice people

Cons

there is not much work...

share work evenly

Company drivers

Current Employee - Garbage Truck Driver in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Garbage Truck Driver in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Waste Management full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay,good vacation time.
    Working outside

Cons

12 to 14 hour days
    Very hard work
    Do not appreciate their drivers

The drivers are the face of the company,and we are very unhappy with the way you manage us ,and it reflects in our attitude towards are customer and each other.We need to find constructive ways to vent our frustration as company .

Aug 15, 2014Talent Acquisition

We're sorry you're frustrated and we want to help. Supervisors and HR colleagues have an open door policy, and we encourage you to share your thoughts as we strive toward continuous improvement. If ... More

i love working for waste management

I have been working at Waste Management

Pros

great benefits and you can get all the hours you need allowed by dot. fun people to work with and nice new equiptment

Cons

management could do a better job at fallowing up on things brought to there attention. needs to compeat better with local companys

listen and give good feedback and not tear us down

Jul 23, 2014Talent Acquisition

Thanks for sharing your feedback! This is valuable to us as we strive to improve everyone's experiences as members of the WM family.

I LOVE my job!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Foxborough, MA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Foxborough, MA

I have been working at Waste Management full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Comfortable environment, encouraging attitudes from peers and management, positive reinforcement, appropriate coaching methods, understanding and compassionate supervisors, and recognition for hard work.

Cons

Short training period (two weeks, with less than a day for billing) poor communication between certain departments (customer service to dispatch/ops), resentment toward certain departments (customer service to dispatch/ops).

There is an issue with the communication between customer service and dispatch/ops. There is no emotion in email, so it's very easy to misinterpret tone and intention.

Jul 1, 2014Talent Acquisition

We appreciate this feedback and are always looking for input to improve our culture and work environment. This valuable insight could be shared with your leadership during goal-setting and annual ... More

Beware of wolves in Sheep clothing

I worked at Waste Management

Pros

Decent insurance and benefits although they do take away little by little ever year. Some teams/territories are better and more cohesive than others, depends in what manager you get. There are a couple good managers.

Cons

High cost for customer, constant price increases, many customer complaints to deal with as sales people.
    Your experience will n determined by what team you are on. There are teams with high turn over and a few with long standing employees that are making good money, but only a few. Long cycle to build funnel and will take 6 months to hit goal because today's sales will have contracts that have months on their current contracts.
    You will find a few really good people but watch out for some, they are toxic and back stabbing. I was on a team where the 2 favorites (one related to a top dog with the company) didn't like that I was determined to make money, they told me to quit making so many dials, it made them look bad and would get their quota raised. Seriously, we are there to work and make money. The fact that the manager made a few comments about how well I was doing upset their way of life. Some people don't have to work because they are handed leads and sales from outside members, some don't. These 2 jokingly said they could remove me like so many others to find out they get people fired when they want. I figured bill but learned there are some there that if you make them look bad or lazy or they fear a call count in tease, or that you will surpass them in sales even though it would take a year at least to do, or they just don't like you, they will campaign against you. With a smile on their face and manipulation if your boss and co workers, they will make you hate your job, fear being fired and more importantly turn people against you and before you know it the entire team in plotting to get you fired and a trap is set for you to walk in. It was insane the office bull I lived thru there and when it boils down to why this happens, bad team them era related to higher ups who can do what they want. Absolutely sick, I was told I was one in a long list of people that 2 people somehow have the power to make life he for and no one stands against them. Beware of the wolves in Sherpa clothing

Be aware of what your team is doing. Act proactive instead of reactive. I sis get help from manager at first and that was good, thank you. I did get recognition for doing above what I was required because I wanted to make money and work hard, that's a good quality, but be aware of who is genuinely there to benefit themselves and the company and who is there to get an easy check. Be aware of how your emotes are treating each other. I know that's hard when every manipulation is done with a smile and a "your the best boss" behind it but you have a select few that are laying traps for others and ruining the experience because they can. It makes a good office turn sour and they can. Please correct this because I would still b there and outselling everyone putting bonus $ in your pocket. Don't you want high achiever a rather than just barely achievers.