Waste Management

Updated August 19, 2014

2.7

Waste Management President, CEO & Director David P. Steiner
David P. Steiner

Pros
  • great benefits and you can get all the hours you need allowed by dot (in 31 reviews)

• Fellow Employees, good benefits if you can afford the with the Lay-down days (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • The customer service supervisor sits in her office all day eating (in 16 reviews)

• Long hours management don't care for you just be at work av (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights

Company drivers

Current Employee - Garbage Truck Driver  in  Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Garbage Truck Driver in Wilmington, DE

Pros

Good pay,good vacation time.
    Working outside

Cons

12 to 14 hour days
    Very hard work
    Do not appreciate their drivers

The drivers are the face of the company,and we are very unhappy with the way you manage us ,and it reflects in our attitude towards are customer and each other.We need to find constructive ways to vent our frustration as company .

Aug 15, 2014Talent Acquisition

We're sorry you're frustrated and we want to help. Supervisors and HR colleagues have an open door policy, and we encourage you to share your thoughts as we strive toward continuous improvement. If ... More

i love working for waste management

Pros

great benefits and you can get all the hours you need allowed by dot. fun people to work with and nice new equiptment

Cons

management could do a better job at fallowing up on things brought to there attention. needs to compeat better with local companys

listen and give good feedback and not tear us down

Jul 23, 2014Talent Acquisition

Thanks for sharing your feedback! This is valuable to us as we strive to improve everyone's experiences as members of the WM family.

I LOVE my job!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Foxborough, MA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Foxborough, MA

Pros

Comfortable environment, encouraging attitudes from peers and management, positive reinforcement, appropriate coaching methods, understanding and compassionate supervisors, and recognition for hard work.

Cons

Short training period (two weeks, with less than a day for billing) poor communication between certain departments (customer service to dispatch/ops), resentment toward certain departments (customer service to dispatch/ops).

There is an issue with the communication between customer service and dispatch/ops. There is no emotion in email, so it's very easy to misinterpret tone and intention.

Jul 1, 2014Talent Acquisition

We appreciate this feedback and are always looking for input to improve our culture and work environment. This valuable insight could be shared with your leadership during goal-setting and annual ... More

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Beware of wolves in Sheep clothing

Pros

Decent insurance and benefits although they do take away little by little ever year. Some teams/territories are better and more cohesive than others, depends in what manager you get. There are a couple good managers.

Cons

High cost for customer, constant price increases, many customer complaints to deal with as sales people.
    Your experience will n determined by what team you are on. There are teams with high turn over and a few with long standing employees that are making good money, but only a few. Long cycle to build funnel and will take 6 months to hit goal because today's sales will have contracts that have months on their current contracts.
    You will find a few really good people but watch out for some, they are toxic and back stabbing. I was on a team where the 2 favorites (one related to a top dog with the company) didn't like that I was determined to make money, they told me to quit making so many dials, it made them look bad and would get their quota raised. Seriously, we are there to work and make money. The fact that the manager made a few comments about how well I was doing upset their way of life. Some people don't have to work because they are handed leads and sales from outside members, some don't. These 2 jokingly said they could remove me like so many others to find out they get people fired when they want. I figured bill but learned there are some there that if you make them look bad or lazy or they fear a call count in tease, or that you will surpass them in sales even though it would take a year at least to do, or they just don't like you, they will campaign against you. With a smile on their face and manipulation if your boss and co workers, they will make you hate your job, fear being fired and more importantly turn people against you and before you know it the entire team in plotting to get you fired and a trap is set for you to walk in. It was insane the office bull I lived thru there and when it boils down to why this happens, bad team them era related to higher ups who can do what they want. Absolutely sick, I was told I was one in a long list of people that 2 people somehow have the power to make life he for and no one stands against them. Beware of the wolves in Sherpa clothing

Be aware of what your team is doing. Act proactive instead of reactive. I sis get help from manager at first and that was good, thank you. I did get recognition for doing above what I was required because I wanted to make money and work hard, that's a good quality, but be aware of who is genuinely there to benefit themselves and the company and who is there to get an easy check. Be aware of how your emotes are treating each other. I know that's hard when every manipulation is done with a smile and a "your the best boss" behind it but you have a select few that are laying traps for others and ruining the experience because they can. It makes a good office turn sour and they can. Please correct this because I would still b there and outselling everyone putting bonus $ in your pocket. Don't you want high achiever a rather than just barely achievers.

great company to work for .

Former Employee - Medical Waste Route Driver  in  Corona, CA
    Former Employee - Medical Waste Route Driver in Corona, CA

Pros

you work among lot of professionals.

Cons

they stress safety alot ,but sometimes you can't help but wonder if they just say that to cover them selfs in case some thing should happen ? because no matter what issues a driver might have ,it seems that safety goes out the door !

train your drivers correctly ,before sending them out in the public!

New Hire ICR

Current Employee - Inside Commercial Representative  in  Wixom, MI
    Current Employee - Inside Commercial Representative in Wixom, MI

Pros

Nice Employees
    Good Incentive Plan+Pay
    Good Hours and work life balance
    Virtual Training with a awesome trainer
    Lots of internal growth & advancement
    I used glassdoor as a resource when applying for the job and don't believe everything you read :)

Cons

I'm new, so no cons so far.
    Seems like a easy going company as long as you work hard.

Learning Programs

Pros

They are really about learning and teaching and trying to get you to the next level. There were workshops for woman on how to be a better leader. Tuition Reimbursement.

Cons

I wish that there were more ways to move within the company. The location that I worked at was closing and there wasn't anywhere for me to go. Moral was decreasing with every month that passed.

Offer training to those of the aging workforce that are too young to retire but are in the midst of being laid off. When I say training, I mean out of the box. Teaching environmental to a mechanic, ect.

Best of the Best!

Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Houston, TX

Pros

Very dedicated individuals...wonderful place to work.

Cons

New BU did not stand up to the normal company excellence

Great place to make a career out of. Waste is never going away.

Current Employee - Supervisor
    Current Employee - Supervisor

Pros

Great all around benefits. Pay and hours are good. Promotes within. Free online development training.

Cons

Such a large company, it's doesn't have the small family owned atmosphere.

May 19, 2014Talent Acquisition

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! We appreciate your dedication and commitment to the team.

Great people very committed to the customer

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

Pros

Good people, best value delivered to the customer

Cons

Training could be stronger for new people

Worked for Waste Management? Contribute to the Community!