Waste Pro

John Jennings

Trash talkin

Former Employee - Lead Driver in Milton, FL
    Former Employee - Lead Driver in Milton, FL

I worked at Waste Pro full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's not a bad place to work. Good equipment and proper training. They are a growing company headed in the right direction. They are good about trying to give you the needed time off to get personal things done. If they can get your shift covered they will help you any way they can.

Cons

They tend to reward the non performers, especially when they have friends in the office. They just pile the work on the other employees. If one refuses to work even harder because the non performer isn't pulling their weight they tend to frown upon that.

Get rid of the ones unwilling to work and reward to ones who are. It's just plain old common sense.

Good company, still growing

I have been working at Waste Pro full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone is very proud to be part of the Waste Pro team. It is growing rapidly, which can be a lot of fun.

Cons

It has the normal challenges and pains associated with rapid growth.

Mission statement and Federal DOT regulations not followed

Former Employee - Commercial Frontload Driver in Milton, FL
    Former Employee - Commercial Frontload Driver in Milton, FL

I worked at Waste Pro full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Apparently, "it's just a job and you're lucky to have it"

Cons

See the review here and on indeed. I was a 3 year Safety Bonus Award winner. I transfered to the Milton, FL location and only remained there 2-3 weeks and here are some of the reasons why. This location has the worst management to employee communication I've ever had to experience. I worked there a week before anyone in management even introduced themselves. It took over 7 weeks before they even knew I was coming there. The interiors of the front end trucks that I was forced to drive were absolutely disgusting. It appeared that they hadn't been cleaned inside ever. The route auditing was nonexistent. I spent long hours numbering route sheets so they could even be followed by a new driver. Some route sheets had 80 zeros on them. Which means new starts were never numbered. The route trainer had a horrible attitude towards myself and the company. We started at 12am and he would have someone punch him in 2 hours later thus stealing time from the company. This practice was known by management and HR. HR's response was "he was saving the company money". And what is it with that "Chinese" overtime? Those men and woman drivers at Waste Pro USA are overworked and truly underpaid. You will have a very difficult time balancing home and work life on account of you will never be home. The hardest part of the job was starting at 12am and being forced to drive until 2-3pm, sometimes later. This is a clear violation of Federal DOT regulations and of the Escambia County noise ordinance. HR will tell you it's because they are only allowed to have so much staff. If you speak up about any company policy infractions that you see or that are commited against you, you will be treated as a trouble maker and offered a demotion or you will be forced to quit in order to get out before they find a reason to fire you. The spare truck is just another safety comprimised Waste Pro USA vehicle. I noted obvious DOT violations with the vehicles I was forced to drive, yet they were never repaired. This seems to be a problem with Waste Pro USA vehicles. A DOT inspection may not be a bad idea for them. As far as the Safety Award Bonus, I have seen vehicles damaged at my previous location and management doesn't report it so certain employees will still get the money. One's due this month. The motto at Waste Pro USA seems like it should be "It's all in who you know and what they choose to report", because the attitude and mission statement they publish in their Trash Talk newsletter is not being followed at all divisions. The majority of these issues were reported to the corporate offices and to the owner of Waste Pro USA in Longwood, FL to which there has been no response. .

Quit so your replacements can do this job the way it should be done

Big Purchase coming

Current Employee - OSR in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - OSR in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Waste Pro full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This company is in negotiations to buy one of the big boys and things will change

Cons

If they deny the fact they are buying another big Florida co its a lie

Hire people from the north who know gabage

not very good as a company.

Current Employee - Lead Driver in Arden, NC
    Current Employee - Lead Driver in Arden, NC

I have been working at Waste Pro full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

if you go 3 years with out accidents you get 10,000.

Cons

no room for advancement. you need to kiss butt to be considered for anything here

hire more people. hire people with better management skills

Management from SR.VP on down really stinks

Current Employee - Residential Driver in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Residential Driver in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Waste Pro full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Mr. JJ willingness to listen to certain issues and concerns when others in upper management are blowing smoke.(TD) and looks down on the everyday employee.

Cons

Working with a positive demeanor when the atmosphere is so negative from the management team and no one seems to care.

Reconstruct management starting with the SR. VP (bad news) does not promote employees with true credentials only the buddy and friend system seem to benefit

Pissed off wife

Current Employee - CDL Driver in Doraville, GA
    Current Employee - CDL Driver in Doraville, GA

I have been working at Waste Pro full-time (more than an year)

Pros

None!! I can't for the life of me think of anything good about the job but the take home pay, but even after you work someone from 6 AM to 9 PM WITH NO BREAK which has to be against the law, you're making less than $8 an hour.

Cons

The work is too hard for the amount of pay, EVERY MANAGER NEEDS TO BE FIRED, dogs get treated better than the men of this company, very unorganized and ran poorly!! It seems as if when they hire you they make it seem as if the company is such a great company, ITS NOT SO RUN! This company lacks all morals, understanding of a work/life balance and values.

Shoot yourself!

Just a job

Current Employee - Residential Driver in Fort Pierce, FL
    Current Employee - Residential Driver in Fort Pierce, FL

I have been working at Waste Pro full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The pay is decent and those who do care and try are good to work with.

Cons

Promotions are nearly non existent, and when they do come up they are given to "friends" of the management. The pay while decent is extremely over worked so what you do for what you get paid is too low. Most helpers are from a temp agency and are unreliable. Other drivers are slow, slack off, collect scrap, take long breaks, and then complain about the route being too heavy and you are forced to go help. Extremely micro managed. One hand doesnt know what the other is doing. Supervisors can't seem to make a logical decision on nearly anything. One raise in the last 3 years and it was pathetic. 6 days a week. Benefits are below average.

I dont believe there is any advice I can give that would be heard and taken into consideration because it would involve a restructure of the entire company and work ethic so I will simply leave it at that.

Unethical office management

Former Employee - Representative in Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Representative in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Waste Pro full-time (more than an year)

Pros

None. Workers speak negatively about management from day one. It should have been my first clue.

Cons

Unethical hiring and billing practices. Pay too low expectations/quotas too high. Customers were irate about service or mostly lack thereof. No accurate training. Show you something once and were expected to master that task. This particular division should be investigated by corporate and cleaned out of its horrible management & personnel.

Read this post and take it seriously

Started out as the "Best Company" I have ever worked for!

Former Employee - Governemental Relations Manager
    Former Employee - Governemental Relations Manager

I worked at Waste Pro full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This company's growth is tremendous! Opportunity to achieve personal financial growth is attainable.

Cons

Company is growing quickly, which means leadership is overwhelmed. John Jennings, CEO, is not as involved and has lost touch with the heart of his company!

Consider returning to your grassroots efforts. Mr. Jennings!!! You had a great business plan and it worked!