Wastequip Reviews

Rewarding Career

Current Employee - Sales  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Sales in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Wastequip full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Love working in the industry, and with our customers and follow employees. Pay/benefits above average for most jobs compared to competitors, and other similar sized companies. Freedom of ideas is encouraged.

Cons

The biggest challenge has been long-term employee culture poison (reluctance to change), and multiple private equity ownership about every few years (change in management philosophy).

Initiate a reward program for exceptional and beyond-the-call of duty work efforts by all employees. Also wish that there were a way to keep current ownership in place so we could really see what Wastequip could accomplish in the industry with longer term ownership.

A company on the rise...

I have been working at Wastequip full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great CEO
    - Great Benefits/Company Perks
    - Exceptional Salaries/Bonuses
    - Great career development opportunities
    - Flexible work schedules
    - Diminishing bureaucracy... CEO is working very hard to build a "down to earth" coprorate culture.

Cons

- Legacy employees resistant to change – This significantly slows the adoption of new standards & technology at the divisional levels.
    - Extremely Understaffed – need to hire more professional-level employees to help balance workloads across the company.

LISTEN TO YOUR EMPLOYEES!!! Understand the dynamic of your workforce and be humble enough to take educated suggestions from those who are actually doing the work.

Great place to work!!

I have been working at Wastequip full-time for more than a year

Pros

The compensation for the area is competitive, along with the benefits and vacation time.

Cons

There have been a lot of changes made, but it looks we are finally heading in the right direction.

Remember to always have open mind and that the ones at the bottom are just as important as the ones at the top.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

So much potential!

I worked at Wastequip full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very competitive and always striving to be the best. Very smart and hardworking people involved in the company, pretty much everyone pulls their weight. Pay and benefits are on par with industry. Definite desire to improve and grow.

Cons

Middle management is mostly incompetent with a few shining stars. From my vantage point non one in middle management was ever held accountable for anything. Many of them are more interested in looking busy than in being productive. You will be asked to perform meaningless tasks so that the manager can cover their behind with their boss. Company is trying to embrace big data approach for the benefit of private equity.

Consider getting rid of some of middle managers. Work directly with the employees and save yourself some money and get better information. They do not do anything that adds to your bottom line.

Great place to work that provides back to the community.

Current Employee - Director of Engineering  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Director of Engineering in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Wastequip full-time for more than a year

Pros

Upper management provides great experiences outside of work (Tickets to sporting events, Christmas celebrations, ect.). Wastequip follows Lean 6 Sigma practices that has been responsible for large cost savings efforts along with bringing safer work environments.

Cons

Many of the manufacturing sites are not in the best cities/locations.

Unorganized Company

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Wastequip full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Benefits are good, Vacation is great, pays alright

Cons

Too many Managers trying to run the company and not enough employees to due what they expect to get done. Totally unorganized. Over worked production employees and under payed for there skills. Managers not taking the advice of the experienced long term employees, instead they make them feel worthless. Degrees are just a piece of paper not experience, you can go online and get a degree. This Company used to be successful before all the changes.

Don't treat your employees like they are a sidewalk and walk all over them. Treat them with respect and make them feel needed and appreciated for their work. Save money on traveling managers and give more to the hard working employees because without them you want have a job.

Don't expect much it's all lip service

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Monroe, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monroe, OH

I worked at Wastequip full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The benefits are great. Insurance, earned vacation time off, etc. were fantastic. If you're a "yes man" you will flourish and momentarily you will be praised for a job well done.

Cons

There are plenty of career opportunities if you want to add to your resume but do not expect to get paid for them. You will be expected to take on positions in which you will be reprimanded for and you will receive absolutely no compensation. While you can earn vacation time good luck taking it. If you're actually lucky enough to take a vacation turn your phone off so that you might be able to enjoy it. Policies and procedures change on a weekly basis. Just when you think you have the answer they change the question and then reprimand you for not answering it correctly. If you have any new innovative ideas, suggestions or questions be sure to keep them to yourself. If you decide that want to stay employed but find that you have more experience or are more intelligent than upper management be sure to dumb it down or you'll be searching for new employment soon. Safety is certainly an issue. The branches have no control over the condition of their equipment. Do not expect problems to be corrected until there is a major issue, and yes, that goes for everything. If you enjoy being treated like a person do not expect to receive it here. The cons listed here are based on my own experience and I'm sure they will not apply to everyone. You are, of course, free to come to your own conclusions and form your own opinions. If you decide this is the place for you make sure you keep your resume on hand, up to date and good luck.

Those under you, the ones that enable you to have that over inflated salary and to take your multiple vacations, are human. They have family, pay bills, have a home life, they actually exist. They are not serfs. They are smart. They have wants, needs and opinions. They do not disappear when you walk out the door or hang up the phone. They are the backbone of your company. They work hard to meet your goals. If you want continued growth I would suggest that you create policies and abide by them across the board, create realistic goals and provide the support, tools and the man power to achieve those goals. While you're at it you might want to work on your emotional intelligence. I understand that might be asking a lot. You might want to start small. I think if you developed some empathy or even a little bit of basic human decency that would be a good start.

San Antonio office

I worked at Wastequip

Pros

Pay and benefits and break room

Cons

The San Antonio office is a club of people that hate their home lives so they stay at work as much as possible and call that "hard work" since they HAD to be working hard since they spent most hours of the day at work. Actual hard workers that enjoy their home life do not apply here.

The company is headed in a bad direction in my opinion and it's 100% due to the poor mgmt of the managers. I was hired and was given no guidance and was expected to read my managers mind. I tried over and over to find out what my manager wanted from me but at Wastequip the managers are new and they themselves don't know what to do, so how are they supposed to help their employees. Mgmt needs to wake up and realize the key to turning their employee retention problem around is to foster good people that want to work hard. Their current MO of looking for employees that don't produce but that want to stay at work 12 hours a day and brown nose their managers isn't a successful model to keep solid employees.

Toter - World's Toughest Carts

Former Employee - Vice President Engineering  in  Statesville, NC
    Former Employee - Vice President Engineering in Statesville, NC

I worked at Wastequip full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Outstanding curbside product, market leading warranty. Lowest field failure rate in the roll out cart industry.

Cons

Long term employees are slow to accept change. Automation needs improved in the manufacturing areas.

This is the worst place for any human beings to work you won't be able too take the pressure they put upon you . It's

Former Employee - Welder  in  Beeville, TX
    Former Employee - Welder in Beeville, TX

I worked at Wastequip full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

They have good benefits for a family.

Cons

They don't care if you sweat . Want more production than possible .time you when you have to go to rest room .

Get moral up .Get off welders butts. Never heard good job guys.always unacceptable. Something upstairs needs to change . This company going to be in trouble.

Worked for Wastequip? Contribute to the Community!