Watermark Retirement Communities
www.watermarkcommunities.com Tucson, AZ 500 to 999 Employees

Watermark Retirement Communities Reviews

Updated Apr 8, 2014
Watermark Retirement Communities – US – “The Team”

Not yet rated.

its great

Chef (Current Employee)
Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Watermark Retirement Communities full-time for more than 3 years

Prosthe hours are good, never work late

Consthe management for the most part is inexperienced and underqualified

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are a lot of employees in place that are not qualified for their positions

Best company ever!!

I have been working at Watermark Retirement Communities full-time for more than 10 years

ProsWorking with seniors. Even though we're half way across the country, we have phenomenal support from Watermark Resource Center (the home office). Team atmosphere. We live and breathe the mission of "creating extraordinary communities where people thrive". We have an opportunity to "learn and grow every day" (one of our operating principles) through ongoing training and coaching as well as through Watermark University.

ConsNone. I can't imagine being happier anywhere else.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work! Thank you for listening to and implementing our great ideas. Thank you for recognizing us for a job well done. And thank you for creating our thriving culture.

Great Caring Company

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)
Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Watermark Retirement Communities as an intern for less than a year

ProsVery caring and provide a lot of training to associates

ConsMust pay for parking in lots nearby or get drawn in a lottery every month for free parking.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Words can't describe how horrible this place is

I have been working at Watermark Retirement Communities full-time for more than a year

ProsBeautiful office, I guess that is about it.

ConsEverything else. Very dysfunctional. Payroll errors constantly. The HR department is clueless. The culture is almost cult-like, either you drink the kool-aid or you are gone. No one has an original idea or thought because that is frowned upon. People look the other way when certain managers behave badly. I'd like to think that the owner just doesn't realize this but I wonder...People run around like idiots complaining about their work load but everyone seems to have time for their children's little league games and hair appointments.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a minute to talk to the employees. Companies with happy employees don't have constant turnover.

Excellent company to work for.

I have been working at Watermark Retirement Communities full-time

ProsA Great salary benefits etc

Conslong days and not enough help

Advice to Senior Managementi have nothing to add to this section

Corporate culture could be better

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Watermark Retirement Communities full-time for more than 5 years

ProsWorking with seniors and their families was great. Pleasant environment and some great local people to work with. Lots of hard workers.
Some Corporate training was innovative.

ConsOverall very authoritarian in their management style. Lots of negativity--a real disconnect. Corporate management doesn't appear to have the time or resources to really understand the issues & people locally. Assumptions get made without clarification or indepth knowledge. Or maybe they just don't care. Not enough positive feedback. Assumptions are it's the employees fault rather than a process, procedure or uncontrollable circumstances. We were told, very angrily, in an inital HR meeting [during the management contract transition] to put up & shut up. I should have known then, but most people will try to do the best they can given the circumstances.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't squash the motivation from the front lines. Fear and intimidation seems to reign in HQ. When local employees and managers aren't given the respect for what they know and want, they become complacent. Come from a proactive place that says, "What can we do to support our employees better?"

Worst job i ever held.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Watermark Retirement Communities

ProsLocation was convenient and dress code was relaxed for management.

ConsNo personal life because you were always working to get the jobs done.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management should really understand each manager's job and their day to day challenges instead of always barking orders.

Worked for Watermark Retirement Communities? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Watermark Retirement Communities reviews and ratings. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Watermark Retirement Communities employees.