Watertown Regional Medical Center

CEO

Good place to work.

Current Employee - Project Assistant  in  Watertown, WI
    Current Employee - Project Assistant in Watertown, WI

I have been working at Watertown Regional Medical Center part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible hours. Decent benefits. Great community involvement.

Cons

Not sure what direction company is going.

Marketing, Admin, Coordinator

Former Employee - Did IT All
    Former Employee - Did IT All

I worked at Watertown Regional Medical Center part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Decent pay, new cafeteria, new renovations

Cons

new cafeteria and renovations caused layoffs and loss of annual raise (except for upper management)

We are all sick of the blue Kool-Aid. Time to reorganize and try a different approach to boost morale.

Great place to work overall

Current Employee - Fiscal Specialist  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Fiscal Specialist in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Watertown Regional Medical Center

Pros

flexible environment, great people, good pay, beautiful place to live, go to school at the same place i work, stress-free.

Cons

very boring job that gets old very quickly, work in cubicle, very old medical center, have to move a lot because there is not enough space for all the employees

be very clear about job ambitions with management

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

LOOK BEYOND THE SURFACE OF THIS EMPLOYER.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Watertown, WI
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Watertown, WI

I have been working at Watertown Regional Medical Center

Pros

They hire anyone. Easy to get experience right out of school. Most places won't hire you without experience.
    You will get a lot of experience.

Cons

Management treats the front line caregivers very poorly. You are overworked, under appreciated and constantly being scrutinized and questioned for any decisions you make. Management rates you extra low on all of your annual reviews. One manager comes right out and states that she feels everyone "does not meet expected standards" in at least one or more areas of requirements. One year peer evaluations rated one of my skills as "Highly Exceptional", but the manager rated that skill as "does not meet minimal requirements". So, the people that see my work every day completely disagree with the manager that sits in her office all day. But, I have to live with the bad score on my evaluation.
    Another down side, is that you have no system of checks on management. They are able to change any of the rules whenever they want. You have no system in place to file a grievance. I have seen employees, that voice a different opinion than management, get fired lickity split. It is very easy for management to make accusations, without providing concrete proof, at this company.

Your employees are unhappy. Many of them have left the offending departments, or completely left the hospital. The quality of care has dropped greatly, in the past 2 years, because many experienced nurses have left and are being replaced with inexperienced staff. You need to stop having "Ice Cream Socials" and "Birthday Parties" for the employees and start doing something about the working conditions and get some managers that create an atmosphere where employees are no longer fearful for their jobs. You need to spend an extensive amount of time in your departments, and not notify the department managers of your arrival, to see how things are actually working.

Worked for Watertown Regional Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!