Waterworks

3.1

Peter Sallick

Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT

I have been working at Waterworks full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Everyone that works for Waterworks is very friendly, they really hire great people! I've worked in both a showroom and the home office and really enjoyed both experiences. The company seems to really care about its employees and goes above and beyond to show it.

Cons

There are often challenges to deal with but I think that's just part of the job.

Waterworks Response

Jul 22, 2014HR Director

Thank you for your review! So happy that your experiences in our showrooms and home office have been positive!

Two Worlds

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Waterworks full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Well designed, beautiful product that is timeless. Waterworks can offer everything form a single bar of soap to a complete bathroom. A Waterworks bath is a beautiful bath.

Cons

Senior management and the corporate office seem completely detached from the needs of the showrooms and field staff. There is much that is penny wise and pound foolish about how the showrooms are managed. Waterworks represents itself as a luxury brand yet, it is not uncommon for the field staff to be told to print marketing material because the glossy, professionally produced brochures are too costly. This is but one example.

Aside from the occasional employee satisfaction survey, it would be prudent to conduct internal focus groups that are made up of all levels of employees from all regions on a regular basis. Often, the field staff is left to feel as if they are not being heard at all.

Regarding personal matters, the HR staff lectures rather than supports which makes one feel uncomfortable about asking even the most basic questions.

Waterworks Response

Jul 22, 2014HR Director

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions. We will work on the communications and providing the right tools for success; and do our best to fully demonstrate how important our field associates are ... More

Great Company

Current Employee - Marketing & Product Information Temp in Danbury, CT
    Current Employee - Marketing & Product Information Temp in Danbury, CT

I have been working at Waterworks as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Great People, very cool building to work in - so much light and open concept.

Cons

Not in a city. Open concept offices can be both good and bad - hard to have a private phone conversation or concentrate if there is a lot of noise going on.

The place where you want to work!

Current Employee - Home Office in Danbury, CT
    Current Employee - Home Office in Danbury, CT

I have been working at Waterworks full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Waterworks is a place that cares about their employees. They create opportunities for growth and development along with a push for a work life balance. That with the attractive benefits, show they truly have the best interest of their employees at heart. The company has an outstanding reputation of quality and innovation in their product and luxury service. Lots of exciting company initiatives to further grow Waterworks and there will definitely be further advancement in career opportunities for people who want to work hard and be a part of a great team!

Cons

Sometimes can be hard to keep the push for the steady work/life balance because we are so busy. But the company tries hard to keep it in their culture.

As you take Waterworks to the next level in the market place be sure to continue to grow your people as they will be an asset to your continued success.

Great company, office management is a joke

I worked at Waterworks full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great company and great product

Cons

No work or life balance

On the right track and growing

Current Employee - Bath Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Bath Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Waterworks full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Waterworks has incredible product and beautiful showrooms. The company is starting to grow again after the 2009 reorganization. The senior management is much better now, the company is back in family hands, and support and systems are more stable. It feels like the company is investing more heavily in employees, their experience and career paths. Finally back on the right track.

Cons

Growing pains of not enough employees for the growth in business. Can feel like there's an overload of work on each person. Sometimes too many people are involved in the same initiatives (too many cooks). Also new systems or processes are introduced before glitches and issues in older systems are resolved. Very antiquated computer systems and confusing process.

Keep expanding with the right employees and keep focusing on the great product. Don't get too confident that the workforce knows what you're thinking without communicating it more clearly.

GREAT COMPANY! LOTS OF OPPORTUNITY

I have been working at Waterworks

Pros

Opportunity to learn. If you show interest and intiative you will be rewarded with interesting assigments, recognition and opportunities to learn and grow. It is a small company so everyone works hard, so you have to be willing to be fully engaged while at work. Terrific and luxury brand. Great employer with very good benefits and time off policies.

Cons

Employees are all over the country so making connections can be hard, so you have to be willing and able to be a good communicator.

Hot and cold

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Waterworks

Pros

Benefits are good compared to others.

Cons

Communication between Corp and sales terrible!

Caution, you are entering a 'No Promotion Zone'.

Former Employee - Designer in Corona del Mar, CA
    Former Employee - Designer in Corona del Mar, CA

I worked at Waterworks

Pros

Nice store location and some friendly coworkers. My immediate supervisor was somewhat helpful in showing me the ropes and another coworker who had been with the company for quite some time clued me in to the real behind-the-scenes situation. Probably should have left then!

Cons

The company hires you with promises of promotion that never happen. There is some back-stabbing and pettiness within the hierarchy somewhat due to personality conflicts in management that never seem to be addressed and resolved. This in turn causes a stressful work environment.

Be honest about your promotion policies and be upfront about the true lack of any opportunities other than learning how to fold towels the 'Waterworks way'.

Great products lousy work environment.

Former Employee - Designer in Danbury, CT
    Former Employee - Designer in Danbury, CT

I worked at Waterworks

Pros

Nice line of products. They have very beautiful and expensive lines of bathroom fixtures and accessories. Most of which I could not afford because I worked for them.

Cons

The people there are very negative. The senior management had a better the thou attitude. Working there reminded me of the show Ugly Betty. I saw people promoted and laid off a few months later. There was a lot of micro managing and management seemed rarely open to an new ideas.

Any advice would fall on deaf ears because senior management changes over with the weather.