Waterworks

Be The First To
Add Photos

Peter Sallick

Great Company

Marketing & Product Information Temp (Current Employee)
Danbury, CT

I have been working at Waterworks as a contractor for less than a year

ProsGreat People, very cool building to work in - so much light and open concept.

ConsNot in a city. Open concept offices can be both good and bad - hard to have a private phone conversation or concentrate if there is a lot of noise going on.

The place where you want to work!

Home Office (Current Employee)

I have been working at Waterworks full-time for more than 8 years

ProsWaterworks is a place that cares about their employees. They create opportunities for growth and development along with a push for a work life balance. That with the attractive benefits, show they truly have the best interest of their employees at heart. The company has an outstanding reputation of quality and innovation in their product and luxury service. Lots of exciting company initiatives to further grow Waterworks and there will definitely be further advancement in career opportunities for people who want to work hard and be a part of a great team!

ConsSometimes can be hard to keep the push for the steady work/life balance because we are so busy. But the company tries hard to keep it in their culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs you take Waterworks to the next level in the market place be sure to continue to grow your people as they will be an asset to your continued success.

Great company, office management is a joke

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Waterworks full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat company and great product

ConsNo work or life balance

On the right track and growing

Bath Sales (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Waterworks full-time for more than 5 years

ProsWaterworks has incredible product and beautiful showrooms. The company is starting to grow again after the 2009 reorganization. The senior management is much better now, the company is back in family hands, and support and systems are more stable. It feels like the company is investing more heavily in employees, their experience and career paths. Finally back on the right track.

ConsGrowing pains of not enough employees for the growth in business. Can feel like there's an overload of work on each person. Sometimes too many people are involved in the same initiatives (too many cooks). Also new systems or processes are introduced before glitches and issues in older systems are resolved. Very antiquated computer systems and confusing process.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep expanding with the right employees and keep focusing on the great product. Don't get too confident that the workforce knows what you're thinking without communicating it more clearly.

GREAT COMPANY! LOTS OF OPPORTUNITY

I have been working at Waterworks

ProsOpportunity to learn. If you show interest and intiative you will be rewarded with interesting assigments, recognition and opportunities to learn and grow. It is a small company so everyone works hard, so you have to be willing to be fully engaged while at work. Terrific and luxury brand. Great employer with very good benefits and time off policies.

ConsEmployees are all over the country so making connections can be hard, so you have to be willing and able to be a good communicator.

Hot and cold

New York, NY

I have been working at Waterworks

ProsBenefits are good compared to others.

ConsCommunication between Corp and sales terrible!

Caution, you are entering a 'No Promotion Zone'.

Designer (Former Employee)
Corona del Mar, CA

I worked at Waterworks

ProsNice store location and some friendly coworkers. My immediate supervisor was somewhat helpful in showing me the ropes and another coworker who had been with the company for quite some time clued me in to the real behind-the-scenes situation. Probably should have left then!

ConsThe company hires you with promises of promotion that never happen. There is some back-stabbing and pettiness within the hierarchy somewhat due to personality conflicts in management that never seem to be addressed and resolved. This in turn causes a stressful work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest about your promotion policies and be upfront about the true lack of any opportunities other than learning how to fold towels the 'Waterworks way'.

Great products lousy work environment.

Designer (Former Employee)

I worked at Waterworks

ProsNice line of products. They have very beautiful and expensive lines of bathroom fixtures and accessories. Most of which I could not afford because I worked for them.

ConsThe people there are very negative. The senior management had a better the thou attitude. Working there reminded me of the show Ugly Betty. I saw people promoted and laid off a few months later. There was a lot of micro managing and management seemed rarely open to an new ideas.

Advice to Senior ManagementAny advice would fall on deaf ears because senior management changes over with the weather.

Good place to start a career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Waterworks

ProsFriendly environment, great work life balance

ConsPoor senior management, high turnover led to company direction confusion

Good company with flexibility that needs resourceful people

Bath Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Waterworks

ProsGreat products, design and vision. Entreprenurial spirit that allows flexibility to self manage. The company provides technical support and client support.

ConsLacking in manpower,execution, training and leadership. Senior Management is somewhat detached from the field. It seems that most decisions are made without consultation and feedback from the field until after the fact.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe could be far more successful working together and cultivating more of a team atmosphere between the corporate office and field. Implementing training, mentoring and support would lead to more overall success.

Worked for Waterworks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Waterworks reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Waterworks CEO Peter Sallick. All 15 reviews posted anonymously by Waterworks employees.