Watson Clinic Reviews

Reset
2.7
Louis S. Saco

1. Accountant

I worked at Watson Clinic full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Overall best place I ever worked.

Cons

occasionally mgt may lose sight of the truth

Advice to Management

being HUMBLE, misjudged or acknowledging oversight isn't a weakness... its a leadership STRENGHTH!!

Watson Clinic Response

Sep 2, 2015 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you so much for your review; and your length of service. One of the things that drew me to Watson Clinic was the amount of team members that have been here for 10+ years. The tenure of most of ... More

2. Watson

Former Employee - Coder II and Billing in Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Coder II and Billing in Lakeland, FL

I worked at Watson Clinic (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly people work there and the atmosphere is okay.

Cons

I eas not fond of the management practices.

Watson Clinic Response

Sep 2, 2015 – Human Resources Manager

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a review for us. It is only through reviews like this that we are able to find where we are lacking and address any issues at hand. We are currently working ... More

3. In working with this company over 13 years, I gained valuable skills and earned a respectful paycheck.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at Watson Clinic full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good people to work with, along with competitive pay and benefits. In working for this company, I walked away with valuable experience and knowledge. They offered free classes to anyone interested in learning Coding Initiatives and have tuition reimbursement.

Cons

Poor management and decision makers. Do not care about their employers personally. This company was known to value and respect their employers at one time, however, it is all about the money now. Their slogan is all about the care of the patient, but if you can't pay, you don't get treatment.

Advice to Management

Management needs to evaluate supervisors when their is a large turn-around in the department. When employees exit the position, either by quitting or let go, they should be asked to give a truthful and forthright opinion on their immediate supervisor and director. Their were several employees in the Department which took pay-cuts just to move to another Department within the Clinic and was never questioned as to why people wanted out (because of the Director).

5. Dead end row

Pros

It's a job. There really isn't anything that can be said other then that. They will tell you that you should be grateful you have a job.

Cons

If you do one bad thing they will be all over you as if you committed a crime. They forget about all the good things that you do. Raises are no more then 2%. No room for job growth even if you are qualified for a position. Moral is low. Pay is not competitive. Watson love meetings. They will have a meeting about a meeting that they plan to meet about next month. In other words hardly anything gets done.

Advice to Management

Watson clinic needs a major change of leadership. There is a reason why they keep losing staff and not replacing staff.

If your smart or interested in a productive job stay clear of this place

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Pros

Has large client base. Respected in community

Cons

Middle management is terrible. Takes 4 people to do the job of 1. Workload is not evenly distributed and management doesnt have a clue how to manage people. People sit and read books all day because there isn't enough work to go around and when you ask for additional responsibility you are told no for what reason I dont know. They are very unprofessional in their entire operation and use their probation period to get rid of people for no reason whatsoever (so they don't have to end up paying benefits). Then they simply rehire and keep for 90 days then remove that person. It's a joke!

Advice to Management

You really need to take a look at your Management staff who seem to be on "power trips" They wouldn't be hired anywhere else and appear to have the positions only because they have stayed with the organization for a long time.

RSS Feed </> Embed