Watson Pharmaceuticals

www.watson.com

Watson Pharmaceuticals Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2014
Watson Pharmaceuticals – Salt Lake City – “Outside one of the most beautiful facilities in…”

Watson Pharmaceuticals President, CEO, and Director Paul M. Bisaro

Paul M. Bisaro

Pros
  • Good benefits, decent pay, more holidays than most pharmaceuticals in south Florida (in 8 reviews)

• The pay and benefits are pretty good but that is about it (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Communication & work life balance needs improvement (in 4 reviews)

• Former CEO and upper management geniuely cared for ALL employees (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Toxic culture with little regard for employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Parsippany, NJ

ProsPay scale is excellent. Benefits were great.

ConsHorrible leadership; focused specifically on lining their own pockets. Employees call the company Wack-ta-vis.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo need. They wouldn't listen.

Very good company

CSOS Technician (Former Employee) Weston, FL

ProsPay was excellent. They treated me like I was family the moment I got there.

Consfrom the time I spent there i couldn't find anything bad with the company.

Positive because of local leadership and great teammates.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsStill a smaller company playing in a big branded pharmaceutical space that gives you some autonomy.

ConsUnrealistic goals that do not take into account the lack of coverage by major plans and higher copay than competitors.

Advice to Senior ManagementWest coast competitive landscape is completely different than Midwest and goals should
    reflect the difficulties of the marketplace.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company

Manufacturing Systems Manager (Former Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsGreat Strategic Direction and culture.

ConsGreat company but needs to provide opportunities for employees to develop their careers internally with more global opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter Succession Planning is needed to retain top talent.

Good company. Strong future.

Distribution (Current Employee) Davie, FL

ProsBenefits. Strong executive leadership. Bright future.

ConsNone. Overall good place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Pleasant place to begin a career.

Chemist III (Current Employee) Corona, CA

ProsWatson pays an average salary and provides competitive benefits. Most of the people who work here are pleasant enough. If you are lucky enough to be working at site that is being expanded, then there are plenty of opportunities for upward growth.

ConsThe site I work at is notorious for its compliance issues and mismanagement, which have only worsened through the years.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be afraid to manage. It is not fair to your employees to rely so heavily on just a few while allowing the rest to loaf. If you choke off funding to site then don't be surprised when the quality suffers. A healthy site requires the following: talented employees, competitive wages, reliable equipment, and reasonable expectations.

Brand Division Is Poorly Managed

Senior Professional Sales Representative (Former Employee)

ProsLot's of great field sales reps.

ConsProducts are not innovative, 4th-5th to market.
    Sales managers are embarassingly incompetent, as are the product managers and the marketing department.

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace every district manager and the sales & marketing personnel. Acquire products that the market actually wants and needs. Stop throwing good money after bad.

Senior Instructional Designer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFascinating work, working with product that is truly needed by patients.

ConsSlow decision making. Always worried about FDA.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook inside your company for talent, not externally.

hopefully some one will do something

ProsGood benefits good peer level employees

Consmuch overtime, no quid pro quo for hard work, hard work not reflective in bonus, everyone gets the same,

Analytical Development Scientist, method development and validation

Senior Scientist (Current Employee) Corona, CA

ProsCulture and benefits, good medical benefits.

Consnot very good career development opp

Worked for Watson Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!