Watts Water Technologies

Robert J. Pagano, Jr.

New Management Team Clueless

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I have been working at Watts Water Technologies full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The existing product line is solid.

Cons

The current management team appears to be clueless. Many good people that are simple being ignored, or disregarded. I would agree with an earlier review that the primary focus of those on top appears to be the current stock price and their bonuses. NO emphasis is placed on retaining current customers/business.

Listen to your field staff. They are your ears and eyes and you need to pay attention to what they are saying. Also listen to your customers. They are getting tired of the arrogance that emanates from above!

Extremely Stressful Work Environment

Former Employee - Production Designer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Production Designer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Watts Water Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good entry-level position
    Ability to work on multiple projects for different vendors
    Ability to use separate personal time for sick days and dr. appts.

Cons

Extremely stressful work environment
    Negative/ toxic environment
    Only 2 weeks Vacation
    Low pay for the amount of work required
    Unorganized
    Lack of communication between different divisions
    Little to no career opportunities

Pay attention to turn-over rates, especially when it is from the same department. Make HR more accessible to different divisions that are not in the corporate office.

This Company Does Not Care About Employees; they are nothing but resources (to be exploited and used up).

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Watts Water Technologies full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have always enjoyed the people I work with; they are a fun group. The company has had 2 get-together's in the past year (never done that before) and that was fun. We had a real Christmas Party last year (first time since 2007). We always get a $25.00 Gift card for Thanksgiving and a $50.00 Gift Card for Christmas.

Cons

No training (I have begged to be given the specific training for my job) They do not even talk to me about it. I get no response at all. Every position I have been in, I have had to figure out for myself. It would have taken less time to learn and I could have done a better job sooner with a little bit of support. Bottom line; they don't care! How is the pay you ask? Even if you max out your yearly review, you get a whopping 3% raise. Not even enough to keep up with inflation. There have been a couple of years where no one got a raise and a couple of years that everyone only go 2.5%. We operate through crisis management: We are given so much work to do, that we need to let some slide until it becomes a crisis. then we work feverishly on that thing, until the next item we had to leave behind gets hot. Repeat the forgoing procedure. If you are looking for a good company to work for this is NOT it.

Take care of your employees and they will take care of you! I am a very loyal employee, but a very disheartened and discouraged one. Instead of telling your employees that sales were up by 12% so you are giving them a popsicle. Instead give people an extra nice dinner in the break room (other than Hamburgers or pizza), or just go out and shake their hand and say good job. The popsicle was an insult to them. I want to see this company do very well and be the best in the industry. Why don't you feel that way about us?

Friendly safe atmosphere

Former Employee - Legal Invoicing/Expediter Filing in North Andover, MA
    Former Employee - Legal Invoicing/Expediter Filing in North Andover, MA

I worked at Watts Water Technologies as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

You are not micro managed, but trained well, so it is easy to acclimate quickly and efficiently to their business systems in order to accomplish your job.

Cons

Sometimes being locked away in a cubicle, and lack of human contact gets to you.

It was not the best job but it was a valuable experience

Former Employee - Assembler in Spindale, NC
    Former Employee - Assembler in Spindale, NC

I worked at Watts Water Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The thing I liked about my time at Watts was the ability to learn and try new things.

Cons

There were issues in obtaining parts for crucial production quotas and unnecessary personal politics in the production environment.

Be mindful of production goals when ordering parts for product assembly and shipping. Have better communication across all areas of the plant and corporation.

Good worker bees--they handle a huge workload Terrible management.

I have been working at Watts Water Technologies

Pros

My coworkers.. They are good people and they want to do what's right for the company.

Cons

Start with a building that's walls are filled with mold. Add really crappy management, out dated Procedures, and upper management that cares more about the stock price and their bonuses than understanding the business. Bad. Really bad.

Listen to your people. Work hard to change the "culture of fear."

Used to love it; now can't stand it.

I have been working at Watts Water Technologies

Pros

Most of the people that work there

Cons

The others that work there.

Get new management

Decent experience

Current Employee - Designer in Saint Pauls, NC
    Current Employee - Designer in Saint Pauls, NC

I have been working at Watts Water Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good people, everyone's nice, management cares about employees

Cons

System in place isn't very efficient

A bit of both worlds, but the company is in it for the long haul

I worked at Watts Water Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Watts is financially a solid company that will stand the test of time. They are well known in the industry and frequently specified as the vendor of choice for many of their core product offerings. Certainly a leader in several areas from manufacturing locations, six sigma implementation to global footprint. Good retirement options.

Cons

Can be a burn and churn facility, so you need to understand your own personal work / life balance and stick with it - if possible. Many companies are in this realm, Watts is no different and has had the necessity to lay off staff due to economic constraints the last number of years. Staff are typically not replaced when they depart for whatever reason, work is just spread around. Promotions / raises are hard to come by for most. High expectations with low resources to complete as needed.

Value the general staff, not through words or lunch, but through acknowledgement of their time and commitment to the Company. Overall the staff is very committed to success, however lack of proper resources and incredible workloads lead to frustration and missed opportunities.

Up and Down

Current Employee - Powder Coat Painter/Assembly in Saint Pauls, NC
    Current Employee - Powder Coat Painter/Assembly in Saint Pauls, NC

I have been working at Watts Water Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good layed back place to work

Cons

Pay is not good at all If you are looking for any pay raise Good Luck..As for my supervisor if you ask him it will never get ask up front.I will tell you I am the Head Lead Powder Coat Painter /Assembly been there for 2 years and I make $10.80 an hour.

Keep contact with your employees.They just don't come around and check on you or ask any question.If you ask HR a question it is like they don't want to here it or to much work for them.