Watts Water Technologies

Watts Water Technologies President, CEO, and Director David J. Coghlan

David J. Coghlan

Friendly safe atmosphere

Legal Invoicing/Expediter Filing (Former Employee) North Andover, MA

ProsYou are not micro managed, but trained well, so it is easy to acclimate quickly and efficiently to their business systems in order to accomplish your job.

ConsSometimes being locked away in a cubicle, and lack of human contact gets to you.

It was not the best job but it was a valuable experience

Assembler (Former Employee) Spindale, NC

ProsThe thing I liked about my time at Watts was the ability to learn and try new things.

ConsThere were issues in obtaining parts for crucial production quotas and unnecessary personal politics in the production environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe mindful of production goals when ordering parts for product assembly and shipping. Have better communication across all areas of the plant and corporation.

Good worker bees--they handle a huge workload Terrible management.

ProsMy coworkers.. They are good people and they want to do what's right for the company.

ConsStart with a building that's walls are filled with mold. Add really crappy management, out dated Procedures, and upper management that cares more about the stock price and their bonuses than understanding the business. Bad. Really bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your people. Work hard to change the "culture of fear."

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Used to love it; now can't stand it.

ProsMost of the people that work there

ConsThe others that work there.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet new management

Decent experience

Designer (Current Employee) Saint Pauls, NC

ProsGood people, everyone's nice, management cares about employees

ConsSystem in place isn't very efficient

A bit of both worlds, but the company is in it for the long haul

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWatts is financially a solid company that will stand the test of time. They are well known in the industry and frequently specified as the vendor of choice for many of their core product offerings. Certainly a leader in several areas from manufacturing locations, six sigma implementation to global footprint. Good retirement options.

ConsCan be a burn and churn facility, so you need to understand your own personal work / life balance and stick with it - if possible. Many companies are in this realm, Watts is no different and has had the necessity to lay off staff due to economic constraints the last number of years. Staff are typically not replaced when they depart for whatever reason, work is just spread around. Promotions / raises are hard to come by for most. High expectations with low resources to complete as needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue the general staff, not through words or lunch, but through acknowledgement of their time and commitment to the Company. Overall the staff is very committed to success, however lack of proper resources and incredible workloads lead to frustration and missed opportunities.

Up and Down

Powder Coat Painter/Assembly (Current Employee) Saint Pauls, NC

ProsGood layed back place to work

ConsPay is not good at all If you are looking for any pay raise Good Luck..As for my supervisor if you ask him it will never get ask up front.I will tell you I am the Head Lead Powder Coat Painter /Assembly been there for 2 years and I make $10.80 an hour.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep contact with your employees.They just don't come around and check on you or ask any question.If you ask HR a question it is like they don't want to here it or to much work for them.

Decades behind the times

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWell, it was a job.

ConsLow pay. I had to beg for direction and feedback from my manager. Extreme inflexibility when it comes to hours -- I was scolded for arriving less than half an hour late during a blizzard when traffic was horrible and I had to seek back roads. One manager took some of my personal effects when I wasn't in one day and shoved them into the overhead compartment of my desk, leaving me a scolding note about "neatness." It didn't matter that the room I worked in was a dingy one that never saw outside visitors, or that my desk was no messier than other people's... oh, right, I was temporary. Also, they still use styrofoam cups for coffee.

Great people who are hard working

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) North Andover, MA

ProsDepartment spending accounts for celebrations

ConsDo not have any thoughts

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

terrible place to work for

ProsIts a pay check.
    The work seems to be fairly steady.

ConsVery poor pay. They expect you to constantly work your butt off for barely any raises or bonuses. They never acknowledge the hard work that all the production people do but upper management is sure to fatten there own pockets with big fat bonuses, while handing out a measly $60-$100 for production employees every 3 months. For the kind of work that you do on the production floor you are ridiculously under paid. They say they have comeptitive pay rates in the field, but its a lie.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart caring a little more about the people who are pushing your products out the door. They deserve to make more than $15 an hour max. Its pretty ridiculous.

Worked for Watts Water Technologies? Contribute to the Community!