Watts Water Technologies Reviews

Robert J. Pagano, Jr.

1. Love it here!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Andover, MA

I have been working at Watts Water Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

New leadership team! They are looking into the future and it looks bright! Fairly generous pay and good benefits.

Cons

Bring back individual coffee choices....provide K-Cup variety of coffee for employees) -North Andover really needs a kitchen/cafeteria onsite; offer work from home (its 2015!). Little bit of old-school/old company mentality still exists

Advice to Management

Flexible work arrangements are so common now - be more accommodating to employees

2. They don't honor their word

I worked at Watts Water Technologies (Less than a year)

Pros

Good busy work and the days go by fast. Nothing else positive. Pay is not up to industry standards and they don't like to keep you, just use good workers.

Cons

Promised permanent employment within 90 days, didn't happen. They only say that to get you in the door, who can work without benefits in this day?

Advice to Management

Using temps cost more than to hire and keep good workers

Senior Accountant

I have been working at Watts Water Technologies

Pros

Not many since David left. They Pay the senior management members close to a million while the rest of us are treated to generally lower wages... ( I see the numbers...)
    Short commute

Cons

No Vision just a hammer...
    They will lie to you about the bonus
    Bathrooms are inadaquate
    Heating in the Annex building is always breaking... I feel sorry for those people.

Advice to Management

The HR Department is a disgrace. The President of North American cant be believed and can't be trusted to really do what she says she will do. Her management team has very real favorites and can't be trusted to admit they missed again.
    The quarterly meeting needs a dose of realism. Show us some real leadership..
    Pay the bonus

Extremely Stressful Work Environment

Former Employee - Production Designer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Production Designer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Watts Water Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good entry-level position
    Ability to work on multiple projects for different vendors
    Ability to use separate personal time for sick days and dr. appts.

Cons

Extremely stressful work environment
    Negative/ toxic environment
    Only 2 weeks Vacation
    Low pay for the amount of work required
    Unorganized
    Lack of communication between different divisions
    Little to no career opportunities

Advice to Management

Pay attention to turn-over rates, especially when it is from the same department. Make HR more accessible to different divisions that are not in the corporate office.

6. New Management Team Clueless

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I have been working at Watts Water Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The existing product line is solid.

Cons

The current management team appears to be clueless. Many good people that are simple being ignored, or disregarded. I would agree with an earlier review that the primary focus of those on top appears to be the current stock price and their bonuses. NO emphasis is placed on retaining current customers/business.

Advice to Management

Listen to your field staff. They are your ears and eyes and you need to pay attention to what they are saying. Also listen to your customers. They are getting tired of the arrogance that emanates from above!

This Company Does Not Care About Employees; they are nothing but resources (to be exploited and used up).

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Watts Water Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have always enjoyed the people I work with; they are a fun group. The company has had 2 get-together's in the past year (never done that before) and that was fun. We had a real Christmas Party last year (first time since 2007). We always get a $25.00 Gift card for Thanksgiving and a $50.00 Gift Card for Christmas.

Cons

No training (I have begged to be given the specific training for my job) They do not even talk to me about it. I get no response at all. Every position I have been in, I have had to figure out for myself. It would have taken less time to learn and I could have done a better job sooner with a little bit of support. Bottom line; they don't care! How is the pay you ask? Even if you max out your yearly review, you get a whopping 3% raise. Not even enough to keep up with inflation. There have been a couple of years where no one got a raise and a couple of years that everyone only go 2.5%. We operate through crisis management: We are given so much work to do, that we need to let some slide until it becomes a crisis. then we work feverishly on that thing, until the next item we had to leave behind gets hot. Repeat the forgoing procedure. If you are looking for a good company to work for this is NOT it.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees and they will take care of you! I am a very loyal employee, but a very disheartened and discouraged one. Instead of telling your employees that sales were up by 12% so you are giving them a popsicle. Instead give people an extra nice dinner in the break room (other than Hamburgers or pizza), or just go out and shake their hand and say good job. The popsicle was an insult to them. I want to see this company do very well and be the best in the industry. Why don't you feel that way about us?

8. Friendly safe atmosphere

Former Contractor - Legal Invoicing/Expediter Filing in North Andover, MA
    Former Contractor - Legal Invoicing/Expediter Filing in North Andover, MA

I worked at Watts Water Technologies as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

You are not micro managed, but trained well, so it is easy to acclimate quickly and efficiently to their business systems in order to accomplish your job.

Cons

Sometimes being locked away in a cubicle, and lack of human contact gets to you.

9. It was not the best job but it was a valuable experience

Former Employee - Assembler in Spindale, NC
    Former Employee - Assembler in Spindale, NC

I worked at Watts Water Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The thing I liked about my time at Watts was the ability to learn and try new things.

Cons

There were issues in obtaining parts for crucial production quotas and unnecessary personal politics in the production environment.

Advice to Management

Be mindful of production goals when ordering parts for product assembly and shipping. Have better communication across all areas of the plant and corporation.

Good worker bees--they handle a huge workload Terrible management.

I have been working at Watts Water Technologies

Pros

My coworkers.. They are good people and they want to do what's right for the company.

Cons

Start with a building that's walls are filled with mold. Add really crappy management, out dated Procedures, and upper management that cares more about the stock price and their bonuses than understanding the business. Bad. Really bad.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people. Work hard to change the "culture of fear."

Used to love it; now can't stand it.

I have been working at Watts Water Technologies

Pros

Most of the people that work there

Cons

The others that work there.

Advice to Management

Get new management