Watts Water Technologies Reviews

Robert J. Pagano, Jr.

1. Loving it

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

I have been working at Watts Water Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Solid company rich in history-

Cons

No work from home -

Advice to Management

Stay steady and calm - lead

2. Depends

I have been working at Watts Water Technologies

Pros

Just had new management team, and my managers are great to work with. They provided me great opportunities and exposures to sr managers and executives.

Cons

No trainings when I came to this company, and I had to define my own role. My job responsibilities do not match my title, and HR was reluctant to make the change.

Respect your employees. They are your biggest asset!

Current Employee - Analyst in North Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Analyst in North Andover, MA

I have been working at Watts Water Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

People I work with are great. No micro-managing. My manager is always open to a discussion, welcomes my ideas and supports good life-work balance.

Cons

HR is a disgrace. They will do anything and cover up to get what they or senior management want. Everyone is afraid to voice their opinion. Job descriptions are fake and do not correspond real responsibilities. Therefore very low compensation. Senior management is only focused on their own bonuses and salaries and has tripled in size in the last years. They do not bring anything that can benefit the Company, but ride on their prior industry experience and create more no value add activities. Some of them are a real joke. Divisions hate Corporate. Corporate employees think that Divisions are being unreasonable. Result - becoming more silo'd. One Watts???

Advice to Management

Senior Management - value your employees and treat them fairly - they are your biggest asset! Start paying attention to people that do real work that guarantees your 6-7 figures pay checks. Stop giving promises that you are not planning on keeping. Let people grow, instead of seeing them go. Stop promoting your own kind all the time. Pay people today for additional work they keep doing for you, do not promise to do so in the future. Your thank you's are insulting. Banks do not accept thank you notes as a payment.

full time material handler

I have been working at Watts Water Technologies

Pros

you will have a job. you will only have to work this one job. ok benefits.

Cons

too much mandated overtime. no work-life balance at all.

Advice to Management

look at the dept budgets and stop giving middle management bonuses! that money needs to go to the shareholders!

Empty Promises

I have been working at Watts Water Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I stayed with this company for many years because there are so many inviting people that I work/worked with. In the beginning this division of Watts Water Technology was very customer focused and locally managed. Also the benefits had been great and the main reason I stayed for so long.

Cons

Over the years the corporate location took over and integrated Watts Premier into having the Corporate mind set. This took away from the local processes and focused more on the company's bottom line. I understand that this is normal for a company to grow however the cost was at the local employees and the end user customer. The company stopped hiring people and kept temporary employees for years without hiring them on yet promising that the person would eventually be hired. To this day they continue to verbally tell a new temporary employee that they will be hired on yet nothing ever happens. The people that have been hired on were either friends or family of someone higher up. Often times an outside person is hired before job opportunities are even offered to internal employees. Raises, incentive programs, and job performance reviews are a joke. An employee could have an amazing review showing growth and reaching goals but when it comes time for raises they are usually rewarded 3% or less this is barely over cost of living raise. I believe in fairness and equal opportunities however I do not see that with the Corporate version of Watts Premier.

Advice to Management

My advice is to listen. The company has done an internal survey to access the employee’s opinion but nothing has changed. Many pivotal employees and personnel have left because they wanted to be acknowledged and rewarded for the hard work they put into the company yet no one was listening. I would highly recommend having a stronger Human Resource presence because frankly the current one is unprofessional and dismissive. A large complaint is that so much is asked of the hard working employees. They are asked to cover multiple positions on top of doing their labelled job however when asked for compensation nothing is rewarded. How can anyone grow in their professional life if they are not acknowledged for the effort they are putting in? Please listen to your employees.

Sinking Ship

I have been working at Watts Water Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Most of the employees are great to work with.

Cons

New management is oblivious to the business, and arrogant enough to think it doesn't matter. Middle management grows exponentially, while they squeeze nickels out of the lower levels. Morale is so low, and their idea to address that issue is to put in basketball hoops and ladder tosses outside.

Advice to Management

Manage the business, not the numbers. Treat people well, sincerely appreciate those in the trenches.

They don't honor their word

I worked at Watts Water Technologies (Less than a year)

Pros

Good busy work and the days go by fast. Nothing else positive. Pay is not up to industry standards and they don't like to keep you, just use good workers.

Cons

Promised permanent employment within 90 days, didn't happen. They only say that to get you in the door, who can work without benefits in this day?

Advice to Management

Using temps cost more than to hire and keep good workers

Senior Accountant

I have been working at Watts Water Technologies

Pros

Not many since David left. They Pay the senior management members close to a million while the rest of us are treated to generally lower wages... ( I see the numbers...) Short commute

Cons

No Vision just a hammer... They will lie to you about the bonus Bathrooms are inadaquate Heating in the Annex building is always breaking... I feel sorry for those people.

Advice to Management

The HR Department is a disgrace. The President of North American cant be believed and can't be trusted to really do what she says she will do. Her management team has very real favorites and can't be trusted to admit they missed again. The quarterly meeting needs a dose of realism. Show us some real leadership.. Pay the bonus

Extremely Stressful Work Environment

Former Employee - Production Designer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Production Designer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Watts Water Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good entry-level position Ability to work on multiple projects for different vendors Ability to use separate personal time for sick days and dr. appts.

Cons

Extremely stressful work environment Negative/ toxic environment Only 2 weeks Vacation Low pay for the amount of work required Unorganized Lack of communication between different divisions Little to no career opportunities

Advice to Management

Pay attention to turn-over rates, especially when it is from the same department. Make HR more accessible to different divisions that are not in the corporate office.

New Management Team Clueless

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I have been working at Watts Water Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The existing product line is solid.

Cons

The current management team appears to be clueless. Many good people that are simple being ignored, or disregarded. I would agree with an earlier review that the primary focus of those on top appears to be the current stock price and their bonuses. NO emphasis is placed on retaining current customers/business.

Advice to Management

Listen to your field staff. They are your ears and eyes and you need to pay attention to what they are saying. Also listen to your customers. They are getting tired of the arrogance that emanates from above!

RSS Feed </> Embed