Waukesha County Technical College

Waukesha County Technical College Reviews

Updated October 22, 2014
Updated October 22, 2014
2.6

Barbara A. Prindiville, Ph.D.

Instructor

I have been working at Waukesha County Technical College full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work life balance and administrative support.

Cons

Challenging students with helicopter parents.

Questionable Ethics and Professionalism

I worked at Waukesha County Technical College part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Reasonable to high salaries. Benefits for full time employees are fantastic. Benefits for part time employees exist, but are prohibitively expensive for most part time employees.

Cons

Inappropriately low expectations of students and faculty. Too tolerant of negative or inappropriate behaviors, attitudes, and comments.

Utter and complete MESS.

Former Employee - Barista/Food Prep in Pewaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Barista/Food Prep in Pewaukee, WI

I worked at Waukesha County Technical College full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Lax on uniforms. I could wear my Converse, jeans, and nice shirts. They didn't care if I showed up at 6:00am or 6:05am. The building I worked in was nice, too, since it had just been rebuilt over this past summer. No weekends, and I met some cool people whom I could tease (gently!) about not getting coffee when they came over for food.

Cons

HAIRNETS! UGH! I'm sorry, but they made me feel like a grumpy old lunch lady when I wore them.

DISORGANIZATION GALORE! The cafe is new, so rules change all the time, which is annoying. There were no aprons, STILL, for me and my coworker by the time I was fired (6 weeks!). Signs for the menu took WAY too long to come in, and I was always made to cashier, as if my coworker couldn't stop slicing up chicken or carrots for whatever she was making, EVER.

Poor communication skills, and they don't give you chances to improve if you do something wrong. You just get barked at or talked to a few times, then boom, you get fired. Messy! Not worth accepting an offer!

You guys need to stop changing your minds so much about the rules and where things go. You guys also need to have ACTUAL REVIEWS of performance with your future employees, not just barking or yelling at them here and there. Give people a chance to catch on to new procedures and stop accusing them of not listening just because they're not grinning like crazy and writing things down. Don't accuse your next barista of not being happy or interested in people because they're not grinning and waltzing around like Cinderella doing her chores as drinks are being made. I got that and it was SO unfair.

Not a fit

I have been working at Waukesha County Technical College full-time

Pros

Some team members are quite bright and generous with their talent and smarts.

Cons

Critical information wasn't disclosed during interview process leading to a poor fit upon joining.

Consider being more transparent during the interview process.

Love my job!

Current Employee - Instructor in Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - Instructor in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at Waukesha County Technical College part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to work. Very fulfilling working with adult students.

Cons

too many part-time employees without a voice.

stop using all the part time staff. invest in those you have and let them teach more if that is what they are trained to do....

Excellent

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

I worked at Waukesha County Technical College

Pros

The organization does a very good job matching very much limited resources with a concrete and optimistic mission statement that attempts to eradicate unemployment

Cons

There are some inefficiencies but for the most part working here has been a great experience. could make more of an effort to go green.

Could update current system to be compatible with advances in technology such as scanning and using excel to its full potential