Wave Broadband Reviews

1. NOC Analyst

Current Employee - NOC Analyst in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - NOC Analyst in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Wave Broadband

Pros

Teamwork, you do not stand alone in this group.

Cons

Though you may not stand alone you have to lean on your team to get trained at this job. The tasks presented to the WAVE noc analyst are far reaching of those from other companies, here not only do you monitor network nodes, but also email ques, Cell Towers, And all with little to no CLEAR Consistent documentation on how to handle the crises at hand.

You have a great attitude that bleeds down to the rest of the company, a hard trait to find and commendable, Try to build some consistency, when acquiring new markets and staffs from those markets, have them adjust to the WAVE way, not Wave adjust to them.

2. I love working for Wave (first real job)

Current Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Wave Broadband full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It's a growing company with lots of room to improve, learn a lot and be a part of something that is getting increasingly better all the time.

Cons

The experience with other CSR employees 9customer service) I adore everyone. Although the training could be more expansive. There is not much guidance on how to mange your time, your work or your tasks. It's go, go, go because there is plenty to do. We simply need more people to handle the growing volume.

Management and leads could do more. But not alone. There should be several more specialized leads. More of a Retention Team. There is only one lead, and I have yet to have a meeting with him on how to improve. Granted my scores and stats are great. But there is a lot to this position that is above me because of lack of experience.

The resources to learn more on your own are also lacking. There is not take home resources to expand on. Even the inside databases lack information. It's either really old information to look at, or the last big email everyone received at once.

I love working here but I hope they are open to people who have skills that could be utilized in the call center environment.

Also, there needs to be a way to better communicate events. We're required to give feedback every day, but we aren't required or taught how to follow up on issues to retain current customers with the most current issues. Follow up trainging and resources are needed to good Customer Suppport, which we do try very hard for every day. The teams are great, we just need more. So do the leads, they need more skills and more help, and much more time to grow. They shouldn't be taking so many SUP CALLs. That is for sure... We should all work harder to resolve issues. This is not pressed in the slightest, nor are we allowed the time when the *few* of us who do try, simply are denied the necessary time. Going back to the point, that there just isn't enough poeple.

If you want a challenge, are up for fast pace and growth opporunity working with customers and being on the computer, this job is for you. The benefits for getting your stats, meeting your goals are great. I make over $2000 a month, and earning more consistently every month for my improvement.

Was promoted to retention after less than a year. Granted, this was a good choice for my personality/care for customers.

Grow your leads to specify skills and grow the teams.

The most unprofessional call center I've encountered

I have been working at Wave Broadband full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There is free soda and tea. You can get a discounted ORCA card if needed. You get a small but regular paycheck.

Cons

Firstly, you need to be prepared for a high school environment. In my department, there is a lead who out loud knit-picks emails received. This lead also likes to criticize and belittle subordinates to other subordinates. One of the now former employees blew her nose very loudly (annoying yes) and the lead said, "Is there an elephant is here." Also, after helping a subordinate and he was safely back at his desk, he called the subordinated "retarded." Professionalism is not to be expected from even the directors. One of the directors likes to sing or make funny voices very loudly in the call center. That's when she is not screaming, "Roll to the next call." If you work in customer service be prepared for required overtime every week because they can't keep employees.

The computer programs are a joke. The have one from the 1980s which they are allegedly finally going to retire. However, looking at the lousy new programs they have been launching, it's doubtful that will make much difference.

They keep piling more and more tasks to each work group and adding more and more steps to each tasks. Efficiency is not in their vocabulary.

Don't expect more that lateral movement in this company.

Hire a consultant to teach you about efficiency, professional, and effective management because you don't have a clue.

Looked promising, but went downhill

Former Employee - Tech Support Representative in Kirkland, WA
    Former Employee - Tech Support Representative in Kirkland, WA

I worked at Wave Broadband full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Met a lot of great and helpful people, health benefits are average but are nice to have.

Cons

First thing is they are way too strict on tardiness in the call center. For instance, if you are more than 15 seconds late from the start of your shift, a break or lunch, you get marked for a tardy. Now if you get 3 tardies in a 1 month period of time, you loose half of your incentive bonus for the month. Which could be a loss of around $250! That is a large amount of someone's salary over a total of being late under 1 minute total for the entire month!! The next thing is there is no room to grow in your department, you start as tier 1 support, then there is tier 2 support which offers the employee zero benefits from tier 1. You get no pay raise for tier 2, you work whatever shift they give you, and you can forget having weekends off. You take phone escalations and have to deal with angry customers all day, granted you might be off the phones for an hour or so a day doing projects. But, what kind of company would offer their employees nothing for a supposed step up in rank? This company..

The next rank after tier 2 is a team lead. You finally get a raise, and you still take phone escalations throughout the day and manage your team of tier 1 reps. Only problem is they have had zero openings for a lead in over a year, and you have around 10 tier 2 reps who probably all want the job. Not only that, they had a lead move to a different position within the company, which you would think would in turn mean an opening...wrong!! This company decides to micro manage and make someone take over his position even though they have an entire other job they have to do as a manager ( props to this guy for sticking it out) instead of trying to give the job to someone who deserves it.

Stop micro managing, all it does is hurt the morale of your employees! There are a lot of good hard-working people in this company. Offer a career plan in your departments, so people can come to work each day and feel they have something to strive for. Because nobody wants to work for a place where they feel they can't grow within the company. Stop worrying about money, first thing you should worry about is your employees, not your customers. Happy employees means happy customers.

6. Great

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Wave Broadband full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This company is growing, there are a lot of opportunities to grow with it.

Cons

Because the company is growing and buying other companies there are some problems coming up where the old guard of some of the purchased companies do not want to change and accept the new direction of the larger company

There needs to be more accountability or better integration of the purchased companies in to the greater Wave fold

Thanks for CHOOSING Wave...

Current Employee - Tech Support Representative in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Tech Support Representative in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Wave Broadband full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The overall atmosphere in the call center is good, there are a lot of awesome people, even managers. There are opportunities for a change in position fairly often. You are permitted to work remote after you can meet your stats (usually about 6 months). Managers are patient and reasonable in expecting perfection. Because it is a smaller company there are quicker ways to support the customer with any info they are requesting that needs to be escalated to another department.

Cons

There is absolutely no commination between departments (field techs and call center tech support). Rarely are there any notes about what the tech has done, and if there are, they make no sense to anyone not trained in field tech work, and we have no decoding tool to see how the job was closed. Some of the techs will not wait for the customers to verify there services are working and we get to deal with the after math because most people don't have the balls to yell and abuse someone in person( like the field techs) as they do on the phone (me). But having worked at Comcast I am familiar with that.

Seems that the technology just isn't there to give the customers a comparative service that the competitors can. Our VOD selection is crap. You don't have the ability to set up recordings online, you don't get a free anti virus with your service. Also when it comes to bringing in new products, it seems like they are being sold and guaranteed before the infrastructure can handle it, thus creating a situation that the customer gets to upgrade and pay more for a weaker and unreliable service.

Customers must prove they are having issues with their service before anyone does anything to rectify it. There is no proactive work being done to find and solve issues. We in the call center, are like 1 step above being a customer. We are so completely left out of the loop we don't know anything until something has already been completed or started and gone horribly wrong causing a huge issue for our customers.

This is such a disheartening company to work for in the way that business is conducted. It makes me sad because this company could be great and if someone were to ask me if they should get Wave, I would tell them there money will go farther at Comcast (and I hate big huge corporations).

Treat your employees with trust and respect. Show us your loyalty and we will show you ours by caring about this job, and the company and even more important, the customers.

Some departments supportive, others toxic.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

I worked at Wave Broadband full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Regular morale-raising events, good benefits package, generally upbeat atmosphere.

Cons

Some departments are transparent and supportive of their teams, others are oddly territorial and clique-oriented, makes for sometimes very tense and uncertain working conditions.

Be truthful to your employees- they know when change is coming and being duplicitous sows distrust.

Interesting work - smart and friendly people

Current Employee - Manager in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Manager in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Wave Broadband full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very positive work environment in the corporate office (Kirkland). Staff is friendly and hard-working, management is open-minded and approachable. The benefits are good, parking is free and bus passes are subsidized. And there's a Starbucks in the complex!

Cons

Pay is probably a little lower than other places, but the work/life balance compensates for it.

Continue to listen to your employees

Over worked and under paid, I felt like an easily replaceable cog in a machine.

Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Kirkland, WA
    Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Kirkland, WA

I worked at Wave Broadband full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The work environment was clean and inviting. All of the people were friendly and there were often free food and prizes.

Cons

Mandatory overtime was a regular feature, non-paid time off was not allowed, and schedules were regulated down to the second.

Try to micro-manage less. Have faith in your employees abilities. Give them a task and then set them free to do it in their own time frame.

Run .. company is disfunctional

I have been working at Wave Broadband full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very very few except of you are a high school dropout, you will be in good company

Cons

Bad examples for employees, you are forced to con callers who are in collections ( 3 months overdue ) to pay in full and then force them to signup for another service which they cannot afford. Every call is monitored, jokes made about the calls and the customer abound. Poor example of a company. Get a life, learn from Comcast !

You should take a tip from management at Microsoft, only the brightest who lead by example. Look at all the poor reviews of your company ( no way anyone can recommend this company even as a consumer ).

Wave Broadband Photos