Wavsys

Sean Yazbeck

Solid Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Market, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Market, NY

I worked at Wavsys as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great training environments, excellent time keeping system. Great online system for recording paperwork. Good compensation package for experienced technicians. They provide in field test equipment.

Cons

May have to work outside of your assigned market, personal growth isn't as promised. May have to work up 16hrs a day in consecutive days.

Reduce the length between contracts. Provide set compensation for drive time and or lodging, when traveling outside of contractually agreed market.

One of the worst contract companies I ever did work for in my 5 years in telecomm

Former Employee - Lead Program Integrator in Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - Lead Program Integrator in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at Wavsys as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

They pay for my Ericsson certification and give me a job

Cons

Not place me about my market area. hire me an my brother an my cousin as a team for New York market where we all live an put me in New england first then in Virginia. Make me drive back an forth to boston for 3 weeks an then back an forth from virginia to New York for 6 weeks with out paying me my travel time, fuel or my tolls. Make me take hours out of my time card because company lose money on there job bids. Told me they would cancel my certification if I not take hours out of my time card. i had no choice but to part ways.

think about the employee first

Will always low ball you

I worked at Wavsys as a contractor

Pros

Quick in contacting you regularly about the new positions

Cons

They will offer you nothing, want you to work for pennies, no health insurance, no relocation, no laptop. You will have to spend your own money in order to work for "there" client while it should be the other way around. "Glotel" is far more better than WAVSYS. Glotel treats you with respect because they are in for business not for profit while WAVSYS is always in for profit and when "profit" gets more importance than you, you loose your value.

Stop thinking about profit and start doing business with your contractors. You keep the contractor happy, the contractor keeps you happy by staying with you for a longer period of time.

Good company to work with

I have been working at Wavsys as a contractor

Pros

Good communication with the staff, they pay is made on time and they really try to get new projects as soon as possible when the time comes to look for new opportunities.

Cons

Even though is one of the best staffing agency I have worked for, as in any agency, it is always hard to get a good negotiation of the pay rate and there are no benefits other than the cheap health insurance.

If you could offer a little extra to your people it could payback increasing the loyalty and the sense of belonging to the company instead of feeling that it is just and intermediate taking away part of the salary.

Good management with an excellent performance.

Former Employee - Lead Technician in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Lead Technician in Houston, TX

I worked at Wavsys as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

No discrimination at all in all level

Cons

I don't see any downsides from my own point of view

Continue the good work

I wish they had more contracts to offer

Former Employee - Switch Tech
    Former Employee - Switch Tech

I worked at Wavsys as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Nice people to work for. Great payroll.

Cons

Seem to have a limited number of jobs available the last 2 years

Find my availability to keep us working

Great Company, Love them

Current Employee - Telecom Field Technician in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Telecom Field Technician in New York, NY

I have been working at Wavsys as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

People are great, work is great, everything is great..

Cons

Long Hours, on call, sundays off. Just work work work

Overall, I enjoyed my time as a contractor for Wavsys. I was treated fairly and with respect.

Former Employee - Network Optimization Engineer in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Network Optimization Engineer in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Wavsys

Pros

Interesting opportunities with varied client base. Biggest plus was that they provided the GSA per diem rate for the city I was assigned to. Salary was generous.

Cons

Better health benefits would definitely be a plus. Client that I was working for had a presence in my hometown but refused to let me work out of it. Instead they insisted that I work in a location 2 hours + away that required me to rent separate accomodations.

The only thing that comes to mind is that they provide some more feedback on consultant's performance. Was not sure of what the client's assesment of my performance was.

Excellent Company; One of the best in the industry

I have been working at Wavsys

Pros

Wavsys has a small team of extremely capable, intelligent, helpful people. Communication is great. Relationships with clients are excellent so contractors are placed quickly, efficiently at good rates with great companies. This firm is top notch and every level of management is approachable and responsive. I would recommend working internally at Wavsys as well as on a contingent basis. No games, no shadiness - straight forward, honest every time...just good business. Well done.

Cons

Project work can be unpredictable but that is the nature of that space. Recommendations would be to charge forward to build new partnerships within and outside of the wireless field!