Wawa

Wawa Reviews

Updated Jul 14, 2014

Wawa CEO Chris Gheysens

Chris Gheysens

Pros
  • Great people, good pay, excellent ESOP and 401k (retirement plans) and other perks(in 18 reviews)

• They offer good benefits for those who work a decent amount of hours as well(in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • You need to be good at planning ahead to ensure a solid work life balance(in 10 reviews)

• 24/7 Business that never closes can be highly demanding & draining at times(in 11 reviews)

Great

ProsGreat benefit opportunities offered through low cost insurance options, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement, and management tuition.

ConsNot too much room for advancement outside of the 4 management titles, so the salary cap is a real hinderance

Team driven progressive company

Crew Member (Current Employee) Mount Ephraim, NJ

ProsTwo days off small store everyone has a stake in stores success

ConsExtremely fast paced, call outs hinder efficiency.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat managers no advice here

Values customers

Pros- Focus on customer
    - Innovative
    - Compensation good
    - Strong core values
    Overall great company benefits that most companies can never match.

Cons- Some management do not live the core values
    Limited opportunities results in a battle to be best at any cost

Advice to Senior ManagementLive the core values

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worked after High School

ProsEasy training and flexible schedules. Bonus pay on holidays

ConsMany changes in trainings at work

Advice to Senior Managementstrong effort with culture however need more leadership

Food service manager

Fresh Food Manager (Former Employee) Phila, PA

ProsGood benefits and charity work. Teamwork among everyone ! Associates very knowledgeable and well trained. Quick and speedy service. Reasonable pricing.

ConsNot enough associates to do task. Some parking lots are too small . Some associates seemed burnt out. Some seem unhappy or overworked.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp with associate.

Great Experience. Easy work fun people.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people are great. The regulars make you feel connected to the community.

ConsPay could be higher for managers. Everyday there is a list of things that must get done, and you spend most of the day running around.

The work is easy as long as you aren't stupid.

Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) Perkasie, PA

ProsI was hired at $9. If you're a minor you can't work longer than four hours without a half hour break.

ConsYou can't go to other stores on break.
    You do the same thing every shift.

Great company!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWawa as a company is amazing. Lots of perks, they do a lot to interacting with their employees, make sure all their employees are well off, decent pay for the job, work is easy once you get in to it.

ConsThe specific store I work at had lots of clique problems, and management was awful. I ended quitting after being yelled( and i mean screamed at) by a manager in front of customers over something that turned out to not even be my fault. Which the manager would have learn if she had actually looked in to the situation and did so after yelling at me. And that was not the first time i had been reprimanded over something in front of people(customers and other employees). Not to mention the managers would talk down to me and other employees. Several employees were hire that were personal friends of the GM and they all got special treatment, the best assignments, whatever shifts they wanted, and all promoted first. It simply wasn't a fair environment to work in.

Good company

Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsFun job. Liked the people I worked with and the store manager was cool.

ConsHours were part time only. Pay not so great .

Advice to Senior ManagementMore organization at store level is sorely needed.

Inconsistent

Customer Service Associate (Current Employee)

ProsYou are offered a decent part time wage compared to other convenience stores, but don't expect to get paid much more until you are a few steps higher up the management ladder. The company makes it clear and easy what you need to do and where you need to go in order to get promotions, but expect a lot out of their managers. They offer good benefits for those who work a decent amount of hours as well.

ConsHigher up management implements a lot of rules and regulations with compete disregard for employee opinion. You can walk out of work one day with one thing being a certain way, and come back in the next with it being totally different. Emails are sent on how the store should be arranged and new policies that are being implemented whether you like it or not. Managers come and go, as is required by corporate policies, and you will see many bad managers in training and a few good ones come through. Every manager has the own rules on how things should be done, and no one is really sure on what the actual way to do certain things is.

Advice to Senior ManagementInclude your employees in at least some decision making.

Worked for Wawa? Contribute to the Community!