www.wawa.com

Updated December 21, 2014
3.7

Wawa CEO Chris Gheysens
Chris Gheysens

Pros
  • 401K Match, and Employee Stock Ownership Program plop a nice chunk of change on your already competitive salary (in 14 reviews)

• Great people, good pay, excellent ESOP and 401k (retirement plans) and other perks (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • You need to be good at planning ahead to ensure a solid work life balance (in 19 reviews)

• 24/7 Business that never closes can be highly demanding & draining at times (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Absolutely amazing place to work.

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Hickory, MD
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Hickory, MD

I have been working at Wawa full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Alot of room for promotion, friendly people, many benefits including college, 401k, discounts

Cons

None at all to be honest

Everything is perfect

Applied online...

I have been working at Wawa

Pros

Sounds like a great company to work for. From reading about them they seem to be family oriented, making the employees and costumers feel like they are part of something. I applied online to a store that will be opening in the winter season. This is the first time I have ever applied for a job so I am quite nervous on how things are supposed to go. I'm just hoping that my first application will be my first job!

Cons

I applied to a store that isn't open yet so of course I have to wait a little while before i can do anything.

Best careers five words needed...

Former Employee - Inventory & Merchandise Manager in Wawa, PA
    Former Employee - Inventory & Merchandise Manager in Wawa, PA

I worked at Wawa full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The people the pay word

Cons

Hours never closes five words

Make money

Hard work, good benefits

Current Employee - Fresh Food Manager in New Brunswick, NJ
    Current Employee - Fresh Food Manager in New Brunswick, NJ

I have been working at Wawa full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits of working for Wawa are many. The stock ownership provides for long term monetary incentive to stay with the company. To a very large extent, moving up is controlled about 80% or more by your own performance, especially since this company is growing and expanding currently. There are many managers who care about their stores and their associates. Most stores contribute to their community in a variety of ways so associates area always working as volunteers for town events.

Cons

The work can be physically demanding. The hours can be long and breaks are not guaranteed depending upon the needs of the business/customers. Balancing a life and advancing in this business can be extremely tough especially if you have children. Associates are expected to know all positions and may eventually work the one they excel at but you should not even apply if you never want to make sandwiches or never want to take out the garbage. All levels of management are expected to be "servant leaders" so cleaning the bathroom is below no one at any level.

Great

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Wawa full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people I worked with were a lot of fun and a majority of the customers were regulars, so they were friendly to us. They offer benefits and stock ownership when you work here full time.

Cons

Drunks stumble in during the night shift a lot, and it seems to be the place for young kids to fight.

Wawa

I worked at Wawa full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Overall a good experience. Company means well in its initiatives. Benefits were good and there is room for personal growth

Cons

Stores are pressed to get things accomplished that simply aren't possible in order to provide good customer service and accomplish tasks.

Great work environment

I worked at Wawa

Pros

Wawa was an excellent work place. Everyone is friendly. Management cares about you. I would recommend anyone working at wawa.

Cons

The negatives about working at wawa would be the hours. Since it is open 24 hours, someone always has to be there.

None

Wawa is awesome!

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Lake Mary, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Lake Mary, FL

I worked at Wawa full-time (less than an year)

Pros

very flexible managers, always willing to work with you on hours.

Cons

must be very active, will eventually work all positions.

Great job but very stressful

I have been working at Wawa

Pros

Mostly great co-workers, decent pay, awesome regular customers, free coffee while on shift

Cons

Very busy, never knew if you would have enough hours, some customers could be downright rude

Good benefits, good pay

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant General Manager

I have been working at Wawa full-time

Pros

The benefits, ESOP, 401k, salary. Working with good people for the most part.

Cons

Work/life balance is very bad, you basically have no life. After work, you are too tired to do anything because of the work. It's all about who you know, if you have an AM that does not like you, then you basically have no future until that area manager changes areas.

Give all managers an admin day. I know they will start giving gms one, but every m level needs one. Gms shouldn't really be doing anything anyway except coaching and developing their teams to grow the business.