Wawa Reviews

1. Love it!

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Manalapan, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Manalapan, NJ

I worked at Wawa part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wawa in itself is an amazing place, so to work there makes it even better. I loved every minute of working there -- great staff, great customers, great environment.

Cons

Sometimes, the managers would bend the rules that they are supposed to follow (i.e. sending out the schedule SUPER late. Like, six hours before the start of the work week.)

Advice to Management

Send out the schedules on time. Employees don't only have Wawa in their lives! (Though it is a big part.)

2. Hard job

I have been working at Wawa

Pros

Friendly customers Free coffee Free fountain drinks Discounts on other things Works around school schedule

Cons

A lot of work Mean management Short Breaks No room to grow

Advice to Management

Learn to appreciate how hard your employees work.

3. Good place to work

Former Employee - Part Timer Who Enjoyed Working There in Gilbertsville, PA
    Former Employee - Part Timer Who Enjoyed Working There in Gilbertsville, PA

I worked at Wawa part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Meeting the quarky individuals who worked at Wawa was the best. Job was fun at times.

Cons

Pay was just ok. People steal food A LOT. And sometime customers can be rude.

5. Shift manager/runner

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Wawa full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Hours, fun environment, friendly co workers.

Cons

Very demanding customers, busy work environment.

6. A mess

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate

I worked at Wawa part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They pay is decent. Around 9.50 if you have little prior experience. Along with the bad customers, you'll meet some very, very nice ones. Unfortunately they're few in number. You'll learn to be more assertive working here. And you'll learn to be more social.

Cons

My store was very understaffed, and very busy. It was always filthy. Whenever we tried to clean the store manager would tell us to get back to ringing up customers even though the other registers were open. Most spills are left there. Managers treat you like you're cattle. They'll tell you what you want to hear and make you promises just to herd you out of the office. And they won't keep their word. Customers can be very scary. My store was in a very poor area and we had lots of homeless and drug addicts come in. Drug deals would happen right in the parking lot in the middle of the day. Some customers appeared violent if I made a simple mistake or had trouble finding their cigs. They'd slam their fist on the counter and throw things at me. Management doesn't understand anxiety problems. If a customer makes you have a panic attack, you cannot take a breather. Even if you're crying and struggling to keep it together. You have to keep going. I wanted to sit outside on my break once to just get away from the store environment. Store manager said no to me, but employees who've been there longer just walked out. They are very slow to teach you new roles. If you're trained on register, expect to STAY on register. Same with the deli. I had been asking to learn something new for a month. They said they'd teach me other things. Nope. Do not. trust them. Only one manager actually treated me like I was person while I was there. He was fantastic, though. I wish he was the store manager. He'd go so out of his way to be nice to me and help me while the others just seemed to like to watch me struggle.

Advice to Management

All of the modules I went through seemed to put so much emphasis in trust in associates and treating us right. The managers won't hesitate to throw you under the bus or lie to cover their story. It's disgusting.

7. Results Vary

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Havertown, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Havertown, PA

I worked at Wawa part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You work a lot, there are plenty of things to do to keep busy and there are many times where you can pick shifts up.

Cons

Can't go over 40 hours and transitioning to full time was exceptionally difficult. This is due to management issues whereas you work for many people and not everyone can take the time to get you to where you want to be.

Advice to Management

Just please focus more on your non management workers. If you make them feel as valued as the customers you'll have a more dedicated workforce.

Best In The Business

Current Employee - Inventory and Merchandise Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Inventory and Merchandise Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Wawa full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent business model. Company decisions are based on a system of core values- from corporate policies to store level associates. Superior compensation compared to competitors.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about working for this company. They have far exceeded my expectations from an employer! Absolutely fantastic.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on developing people in all stages of their career to continue company growth and development. Every time an associate moves to the next level, we pave the way for future leaders!

Customer Service Associate

Former Employee - Unemployed in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Unemployed in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Wawa

Pros

The environment,co-workers,customers and management made this an awesome place to work. They even worked to fulfill everyones scheduling needs.

Cons

It definitely became a little hectic during certain parts of the day and it can become very stressful.

Advice to Management

Keep up doing what you guys do because it was definitely a great working experience and teaches people great work ethics.

10. Shift manager

Current Employee - Shift Manager Overnight
    Current Employee - Shift Manager Overnight

I have been working at Wawa

Pros

Benefits, pay, ability to climb corporate ladder

Cons

Gossipy, little to no training, lack of sincerity

Advice to Management

There needs to be more focus on the employees

11. 50/50

Current Employee - Shift Manager in Ridley Park, PA
    Current Employee - Shift Manager in Ridley Park, PA

I have been working at Wawa (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly, talkative, customers are the best part of the job, competitive pay depending on your manager, free stuff from goosebumps!

Cons

leave your work AT work, never take it home. Stress could kill you if they know what you can do, theyll make you do it on top of things that already have to be done

Advice to Management

offer help through every position, dont just chastise people on what they do wrong, actually move people up when you say you will

RSS Feed </> Embed