Waymouth Farms

Gerry Knight

Still here after 15 years

Production/Warehouse (Current Employee)
    New Hope, MN

ProsI have been employeed here for over 15 years. The business has changed and so has upper management. Things are better today then they were when I began. Some things are still the same but many changes / improvements have been implemented due to increased business. I am not in management but fee the company is goingin the right direction. Todays management has increased sales and is making our company stronger.

ConsSometimes we have to work long hours to get the work done but we get overtime pay. Every so often weeknds are required. We work hard but get paid for it but at times its very hard work.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep pushing all of us for continued growth. Also, we need to buy more equipment when we can to make things go faster. Most of us apprecaite the leadership and commitmnet upper managemnet shows. Keep hiring good stong people.

Good Company Gone Bad

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWorked there for a long time. When I first started it was a great place to work, upper management was
    supportive and you were allowed to flourish in your work with little interference from above. There were a
    lot of good people working there and I enjoyed coming in each day.

ConsEverything changed about 10 years ago when there was an almost complete change in upper management.
    There was no encouragement or respect for the employees and everyone was told repeatedly that if you
    did not like it there you could leave and be replaced with no problem. There was constant brow-beating and
    it became impossible to get anything done when every little thing had to be run through upper management.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop micro managing and give your employees some respect and you might be surprised at what they can
    accomplish.

This is a very hostile environment with 70% turnover. People are fired every month.

(Former Employee)

ProsThe other employees are supportive and work as a team as much as possible. They have an interesting product line with which to work and grow.

ConsSenior management is abusive, intimidating, profane and unforgiving. There is only one way to do things. You start believing that you can make a change and be part of a "family business", but you are pounded into submission day after day.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great products, terrible upper management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDedicated co-workers that struggled valiantly to improve the process in spite of ownership's lack of vision and resources.

ConsThe owners' lack of vision and ethics were only compounded by the spineless actions of upper management when faced with the dilemma of making the right call. The decisions were usually shortsighted and designed to ensure a specific viewpoint and not reason or logic.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow your team members to do their jobs by ensuring they have the proper tools, information and resources to complete their assigned tasks.

Best career move I have ever made

New Hope, MN

ProsSenior management is always involved with all levels of operations. There is a constant care and concern for making the process that are in place to be efficient and enjoyable. This is true of the production floor and office operations. The company truly looks to reward from within and hard work will definitely be recognized. The person who posted "Workplace from hell", it can not be further from the truth.

ConsWork load did not always utilize all od my skills and abilities in the short term. However, over time it will be recognized

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to provide feedback and recognize hard work. It is appreciated by your employees.

Worst Company That I Have Ever Worked For

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMinus upper management, most of your coworkers are kind.
    Leaving.

ConsThe upper management is awful. They have zero respect for their employees. I would come into a work with this gut-wrenching feeling, wondering, "what will management have to complain about today?" They are rarely/almost never positive. It's really sad.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's the 21st century...treat your employees with respect. Anger,rage and abuse will not solve anything. It will only drive your employees away. It is possible to run a company and be nice to people.

Shockingly Terrible and Soul Crushing

ProsYou wear many hats.
    The day goes by fast.
    You gain good experience.

ConsUpper management needs to be removed ASAP. Zero communication, 100% Turnover, No organization. No regard for fellow humans. Finger pointing, yelling, abusive, clueless, micro managed as hell, constant feeling of dread.

Pitiful, gut wrenching and abusive

ProsThere are no pros except a paycheck for a job that is not appreciated

ConsWorse than standing in line for unemployment

Advice to Senior ManagementRun...run as fast as you can.

Awful Company

(Former Employee)

ProsSome friendly coworkers
    Some good work experience

ConsHostile management
    Need better HR system (HR's worst nightmare)
    No respect for people
    Lost sense of humanity

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees better. Need better organization.

What, no call back.

Maintenance (Former Employee)
    Minneapolis, MN

ProsThe place was a good place to work for, I learned a lot, people were friendly, it was fun working there.
    If you like factory work on packaging machines .
    The pay was good, depends on what your job was.

ConsThey will lay you off, have you sign a paper for openings down the road and never call you.
    You work weekends. But they tell you that when you are hired, there will be some weekends. Respect, only if you work in the office.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees like there your customers, if it wasn't for them, you would still be in your garage doing all the work for yourself.

Worked for Waymouth Farms? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Waymouth Farms reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Waymouth Farms CEO Gerry Knight. All 16 reviews posted anonymously by Waymouth Farms employees.