Waymouth Farms Reviews

Gerry Knight

1. Still here after 15 years

Current Employee - Production/Warehouse in New Hope, MN
    Current Employee - Production/Warehouse in New Hope, MN

I have been working at Waymouth Farms full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been employeed here for over 15 years. The business has changed and so has upper management. Things are better today then they were when I began. Some things are still the same but many changes / improvements have been implemented due to increased business. I am not in management but fee the company is goingin the right direction. Todays management has increased sales and is making our company stronger.

Cons

Sometimes we have to work long hours to get the work done but we get overtime pay. Every so often weeknds are required. We work hard but get paid for it but at times its very hard work.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing all of us for continued growth. Also, we need to buy more equipment when we can to make things go faster. Most of us apprecaite the leadership and commitmnet upper managemnet shows. Keep hiring good stong people.

2. Worse company ever

I worked at Waymouth Farms

Pros

Awards and Incentives for attendance, leadership and years of service

Cons

Management, Big turnovers, always told at meetings that if we were unhappy the door is right there..Poor tools for production employees to work with, little to no training regarding your job,Petty co workers who always worry and report about what you do or compete with you when everyone should be working as a team but working against each other.It's Quantity over Quality..EVERYTHING was on papers. Not up to date on any technology.NO PARKING...at least not enough for all employees..sometimes you would have to park across the street.If you park in the street, your car does get towed by the city and the Owner is not responsible.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and accept change.change is good!!

Good Company Gone Bad

I worked at Waymouth Farms full-time

Pros

Worked there for a long time. When I first started it was a great place to work, upper management was supportive and you were allowed to flourish in your work with little interference from above. There were a lot of good people working there and I enjoyed coming in each day.

Cons

Everything changed about 10 years ago when there was an almost complete change in upper management. There was no encouragement or respect for the employees and everyone was told repeatedly that if you did not like it there you could leave and be replaced with no problem. There was constant brow-beating and it became impossible to get anything done when every little thing had to be run through upper management.

Advice to Management

Stop micro managing and give your employees some respect and you might be surprised at what they can accomplish.

5. Best career move I have ever made

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Hope, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Hope, MN

I have been working at Waymouth Farms full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Senior management is always involved with all levels of operations. There is a constant care and concern for making the process that are in place to be efficient and enjoyable. This is true of the production floor and office operations. The company truly looks to reward from within and hard work will definitely be recognized. The person who posted "Workplace from hell", it can not be further from the truth.

Cons

Work load did not always utilize all od my skills and abilities in the short term. However, over time it will be recognized

Advice to Management

Continue to provide feedback and recognize hard work. It is appreciated by your employees.

This is a very hostile environment with 70% turnover. People are fired every month.

I worked at Waymouth Farms full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The other employees are supportive and work as a team as much as possible. They have an interesting product line with which to work and grow.

Cons

Senior management is abusive, intimidating, profane and unforgiving. There is only one way to do things. You start believing that you can make a change and be part of a "family business", but you are pounded into submission day after day.

7. Great products, terrible upper management

I worked at Waymouth Farms full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Dedicated co-workers that struggled valiantly to improve the process in spite of ownership's lack of vision and resources.

Cons

The owners' lack of vision and ethics were only compounded by the spineless actions of upper management when faced with the dilemma of making the right call. The decisions were usually shortsighted and designed to ensure a specific viewpoint and not reason or logic.

Advice to Management

Allow your team members to do their jobs by ensuring they have the proper tools, information and resources to complete their assigned tasks.

Worst Company That I Have Ever Worked For

I worked at Waymouth Farms full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Minus upper management, most of your coworkers are kind. Leaving.

Cons

The upper management is awful. They have zero respect for their employees. I would come into a work with this gut-wrenching feeling, wondering, "what will management have to complain about today?" They are rarely/almost never positive. It's really sad.

Advice to Management

It's the 21st century...treat your employees with respect. Anger,rage and abuse will not solve anything. It will only drive your employees away. It is possible to run a company and be nice to people.

Shockingly Terrible and Soul Crushing

I worked at Waymouth Farms full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You wear many hats. The day goes by fast. You gain good experience.

Cons

Upper management needs to be removed ASAP. Zero communication, 100% Turnover, No organization. No regard for fellow humans. Finger pointing, yelling, abusive, clueless, micro managed as hell, constant feeling of dread.

Pitiful, gut wrenching and abusive

I have been working at Waymouth Farms full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are no pros except a paycheck for a job that is not appreciated

Cons

Worse than standing in line for unemployment

Advice to Management

Run...run as fast as you can.

Awful Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Hope, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Hope, MN

I worked at Waymouth Farms full-time

Pros

Some friendly coworkers Some good work experience

Cons

Hostile management Need better HR system (HR's worst nightmare) No respect for people Lost sense of humanity

Advice to Management

Treat employees better. Need better organization.

RSS Feed </> Embed