Wayne Farms LLC

www.waynefarmsllc.com

Wayne Farms LLC Reviews

Updated Jun 18, 2014

Elton H. Maddox

great starting place to work

Debone (Former Employee) Decatur, AL

Prosgreat weekly paychecks, holiday pay, benefits after 60 days

Conscold environment, work late hours

The company is the best

Product Manager (Current Employee) Wayne, NJ

ProsThe people who work there are great

ConsBeing a perfect Pearson

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Excellent learning opportunity of the poultry industry

Human Resources Supervisor (Former Employee) Laurel, MS

ProsFriendly people
    Excellent middle management
    Easy to understand industry

ConsLack of Leadership in top Management

Advice to Senior ManagementStop looking for change agents if you are not looking to change

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I had a great experience with them as a Maintenance Mechanic.

Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) Decatur, AL

ProsOptional overtime and plenty of it! The crew was great and fun to work with. Day shift was awesome! The shift rotation left plenty of time for life outside work.

ConsIt was COLD inside the plant so you had to dress accordingly. Night shift was fun but sucked, it didn't leave time for outside life. you had to stay on that night time schedule of sleep.

Great Place

IT Manager (Current Employee) Oakwood, GA

ProsGreat place to work, was allowed to do what was needed.

ConsCan be a little political.

A good company, a bit smelly tho.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey have very good benefits. There is a lot of good people here and the management is mostly good. Pay is also pretty good for the area. Lots of room for advancement too.

ConsSome management are not very supportive of new ideas and there tends to be a bit of an old boy network so look out if you are female. And the smell at a chicken plant is awful. I got used to the smell eventually but the flies are what send me away. I had to keep my coffee covered all the time. Gross!

Advice to Senior ManagementBecome more open to new ideas. This is an old-fashioned industry and the world is changing!

look elsewhere

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Oakwood, GA

Prosyour coworkers are good people

ConsMicro-management at its finest. Decision makers are so far removed from the reality of functions.
    The unspoken motto seems to be " Wayne Farms must always look good on paper."

Advice to Senior ManagementReally? You gave all the employess 2 chickens at Christmastime to show your appreciation.
    Revisit your compensation/benefits package.
    Just because you are presented with a new software program, doesn't mean you have to buy it.

up and down

Q A (Current Employee) Pendergrass, GA

Prosline workers are very very nice

Conssomeone working there 3 months will make the same wages as someone been there 10 years or more

Advice to Senior ManagementQ.A. dept. first shift only cares about paperwork looking good does not care about did you do the job or not and the training given is to throw two or three books on a table and leave a note for everyone to read and sign bottom of pg.states superviors name as training employees .some can not read,write or speak much english and others had to get a GED before even getting a job.to much favors for some and not for others.most employees working while others make a party that takes all day that makes some people feel bad.but nothing is said because superviors and management eatting for free.some employees can be friends on superviors facebook page while others are blocked .some get white chloth smock others in same position plastic.

Average Company...Good Benefits

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits are good for salaried employees. Not so good for hourly employees. Never heard of a company having different benefits for different employees.

ConsPay is on the low side. Working at a chicken plant is not the best environment. There were flies everywhere in my office and nothing they could/would do about it.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's a man's world in the poultry industry. Sure, there are female supervisors but they have little respect and no growth. They have to leave to move forward in their career.

Good company to work for but it has is limitations in depth

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Oakwood, GA

ProsThe company is small enough to get experience in several different areas and there are several opportunities to meet and talk with upper management

ConsThere are not enough levels for vertical movement. Can become stagnant with little room for movement either vertically or horizontally.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in employee's education and reward them for their positive contributions.

Worked for Wayne Farms LLC? Contribute to the Community!