Waypoint Consulting Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.1
Matt Wheeler

1. Unlimited Earning Potential and Growth Opportunity!!

I have been working at Waypoint Consulting full-time

Pros

My previous positions in order to move up within the company someone had to get laid off or retire. The company I worked at before told me what I was going to be paid and told me what I was worth. At Waypoint Consulting, I'm able to dictate how quickly I advance to management based completely on my work ethic and I'm able to dictate how much I make per week. I have an unlimited earning potential based on my performance.

Cons

Must have tough skin, however the training program set me up for success, so I knew what to expect.

Advice to Management

Your speeches are extremely motivating and I enjoy how involved you are in the process!! Thanks a million!

2. entry level management

Former Employee - Entry Level Management in Westminster, CO
    Former Employee - Entry Level Management in Westminster, CO

I worked at Waypoint Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great working environment with amazing people! You get to meet alot of new people. Very positive environment.

Cons

It was a 100 percent commission which I could not afford to risk at this point of my life.

Advice to Management

You guys are great! Maybe add a base salary that way you won't loose great potential candidates that can actually be a great impact to your company

3. Awesome opportunity

Current Employee - Trainer/Leader in Westminster, CO
    Current Employee - Trainer/Leader in Westminster, CO

I have been working at Waypoint Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My time at waypoint has taught me more than I've learned in four years of college. The people are amazing and there is an unlimited amount of growth and opportunity. Very team oriented and supportive. No matter if I decide to become a manager or not I know the skills that I am learning are transferable to any position or career.

Cons

This is an opportunity that is meant for people who want to learn and not take themselves too seriously. Not everyone is going to be successful at it because people choose to make their own decisions to not work as hard as they could. The team at waypoint gives you all of the skills necessary to be successful but it is a choice to apply the information.

Advice to Management

Very supportive and helpful. Always willing to go out of your way for the team. Keep up the awesome work. I have never worked with such an amazing group of people.

The greatest entry level job!

I have been working at Waypoint Consulting full-time

Pros

Supportive and energetic team, competitive setting, merit-based rewards, personally challenging, and so much experience gained

Cons

This is for self motivated individuals with a strong drive! You can't ride along anyone's success but your own. It's not a con to me, but some people need to be made aware of that.

Advice to Management

It's scary being thrown into the sales world, but management does a great job helping you out along the way, especially at the beginning.

I love my job!

Current Employee - Trainer in Westminster, CO
    Current Employee - Trainer in Westminster, CO

Pros

Waypoint is, by far, the best company I have ever worked for! From the very beginning, the environment has been about building you up and providing growth opportunities. The mentality is definitely work hard, play hard, and it is so refreshing being surrounded by fun, driven people, who are competitive, but also team players. Matt is a great person to work for! He has worked his way up from an entry-level position, so he knows every aspect of what is expected from employees and really, truly, wants to see every individual succeed. I would recommend this job to anyone wanting to be challenged and pushed to be all that they can be, wanting have tons of opportunity for growth and improvement, and wanting to work with an AMAZING team of people! Seriously, go apply!

Cons

I won't sugar-coat it, there are long hours and it's definitely not a job you can be successful in if you aren't willing to work hard at it. It is not a job you do just to pay the bills. That being said, the work hard, play hard mentality has never left me feeling like I don't have a healthy work/life balance, and the training and growth opportunities make all the hours and work SO worth it!

7. Waypoint

I have been working at Waypoint Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Performance based pay amd promotions, fun atmosphere, and good support team.

Cons

Hard work, but worth it if you put the effort in.

Great People, Great Opportunity

Former Employee - Business Account Consultants in Westminster, CO
    Former Employee - Business Account Consultants in Westminster, CO

I worked at Waypoint Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really loved working with the people at Waypoint. Matt does a really great job being there for his employees and really makes everyone feel motivated. It is really no wonder why this company has been growing so quickly over the years. The two biggest things I looked for in a company was the opportunity to grow and a great company culture. Waypoint really hit it out of the park for me in those regards. I also loved seeing the administrator, Shelby, every morning when I came in. She really sets a great example of a positive environment and is a great asset to the company. I unfortunately had to move closer to my family due to personal reasons and that was why I ultimately had to leave. I hope to have another opportunity with a company like that in the future.

Cons

There were days where I would have to be out on my own, rather than being on a team day. I only say that it is a con just because I loved being out with someone else from the office.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work Matt. You are a very inspiring person to be around and I expect nothing but more success because of what you bring to the company.

Not Worth Your Time

Former Employee - Account Manager of Sales in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Account Manager of Sales in Englewood, CO

I worked at Waypoint Consulting (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun team environment at the workplace, but this is rare. Usually out in your territory by yourself.

Cons

Driving all around the front range, territories as far as pueblo or longmont when office is based in thorton. If you want an entry level position that is the hardest job you could possibly take, I suggest giving this a shot, otherwise keep looking and you will definitely find something better.

Advice to Management

Implement base salary and compensation for gas and wear and tear on personal vehicle that we are asked to drive all over the place.

Amazing work Environment

Current Employee - Representative in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at Waypoint Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I genuinely love the high energy atmosphere in the office, getting me pumped and excited for each day. The people that I work with are amazing, and the management team are always in my corner helping me grow and achieve my goals. The skills that I've learned from this job will are some that I will continuously help me in the future!

Cons

If you are not willing to work hard, be proactive, accept that sales is a difficult industry or have zero entrepreneurial desires, you may want to look into a corporate position where you will get a weekly paycheck and capped income for all your efforts.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Entry Level Sales

Former Employee - Entry Level Sales in Westminster, CO
    Former Employee - Entry Level Sales in Westminster, CO

I worked at Waypoint Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is really nice and motivating. Gets you outside of comfort zone. Tons of group interaction if your into that.

Cons

Only special people can be successful at this job. Basic business to business salesman. No consulting whatsoever. They tell you that its easy to make money and your can make up to $50,000 a year but thats no true at all. There is no base salary and its a waste of time and money. Plus you have to use your own car. I was told that some of your gas would be paid but it never happened for me. Don't waste your time.

Advice to Management

Give more benefits.

RSS Feed </> Embed