Waypoint Consulting

Matt Wheeler

Great People, Great Opportunity

Former Employee - Business Account Consultants in Westminster, CO
    Former Employee - Business Account Consultants in Westminster, CO

I worked at Waypoint Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really loved working with the people at Waypoint. Matt does a really great job being there for his employees and really makes everyone feel motivated. It is really no wonder why this company has been growing so quickly over the years.

The two biggest things I looked for in a company was the opportunity to grow and a great company culture. Waypoint really hit it out of the park for me in those regards.

I also loved seeing the administrator, Shelby, every morning when I came in. She really sets a great example of a positive environment and is a great asset to the company.

I unfortunately had to move closer to my family due to personal reasons and that was why I ultimately had to leave. I hope to have another opportunity with a company like that in the future.

Cons

There were days where I would have to be out on my own, rather than being on a team day. I only say that it is a con just because I loved being out with someone else from the office.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work Matt. You are a very inspiring person to be around and I expect nothing but more success because of what you bring to the company.

Amazing work Environment

Current Employee - Representative in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at Waypoint Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I genuinely love the high energy atmosphere in the office, getting me pumped and excited for each day. The people that I work with are amazing, and the management team are always in my corner helping me grow and achieve my goals. The skills that I've learned from this job will are some that I will continuously help me in the future!

Cons

If you are not willing to work hard, be proactive, accept that sales is a difficult industry or have zero entrepreneurial desires, you may want to look into a corporate position where you will get a weekly paycheck and capped income for all your efforts.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

3. Entry Level Sales

Former Employee - Entry Level Sales in Westminster, CO
    Former Employee - Entry Level Sales in Westminster, CO

I worked at Waypoint Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is really nice and motivating. Gets you outside of comfort zone. Tons of group interaction if your into that.

Cons

Only special people can be successful at this job. Basic business to business salesman. No consulting whatsoever. They tell you that its easy to make money and your can make up to $50,000 a year but thats no true at all. There is no base salary and its a waste of time and money. Plus you have to use your own car. I was told that some of your gas would be paid but it never happened for me. Don't waste your time.

Advice to Management

Give more benefits.

Management

I have been working at Waypoint Consulting

Pros

Very kind, supportive team. Provided all of the tools needed to succeed.

Cons

No cons, Management knows what they are doing.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing

Awesome place to work

Current Employee - Account Consultant in Westminster, CO
    Current Employee - Account Consultant in Westminster, CO

I have been working at Waypoint Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, awesome people, you get tons of experienc. Lot great place to gain a lot of personal and professional growth,really positive office. I love the people here! Lots of opportunity

Cons

Longer days than your usual desk job but way more fun than your usual desk job ;)

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome work!

Do NOT WORK HERE

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Westminster, CO
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Westminster, CO

I worked at Waypoint Consulting

Pros

Pretty much none. This is not a rant written by a former employee who couldn't hack it, I have since become an agent within a thriving insurance agency.

Cons

This is an absolute scam. There is $0 salary. EVER. PERIOD. Do not listen to them when they tell you they will discuss your salary terms at a later time. This job entails driving from business to business in your own vehicle, attempting to con business owners/decision makers into ordering office supplies from an Office - Max affiliate named Quill. You are NOT being considered for a management position, no matter what management says. In order to see actual gains from this company, you will need to eat $41t for about a year and a half.

Advice to Management

Stop conning perspective employees and close your doors

8. Business Consultant

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Waypoint Consulting

Pros

It is a good opportunity to get yourself out of the comfort zone to challenge yourself. If you a in-ward person, this is a good chance for you to force yourself to speak to a totally stranger.

Cons

It is NOT a CONSULTING job. It is a SALES job. The description and name of the job are quite pretty but the core is a door- to door salesman. You will drive your own car day by day and to sale the office suppliers provided bu Quill, a company that doesn't have retail stores. The process is really tough. You have to find targets all by yourself just like driving a car hanging a long the street and looking for plazas then you can go and introduce the products. I don't think that anyone with advanced degree should do this job because it is totally wasting your life.

Advice to Management

Don't put the pretty name for you job. It is just a sales job.

Hands down, the best and well rounded experience, both professionally and personally.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Waypoint Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Waypoint is a great company to learn from and to gain experience and knowledge that you can apply to both your personal and professional life. To me, that is incredibly valuable whether you're just looking for experience, or building your career with a company. The company exclusively promotes from within, and you are given every opportunity to grow and build your life.
    I was looking to start my career about a year and a half ago when I was contacted by a recruiter at Waypoint, at first I was just in it to gain some experience, as b2b sales is THE BEST way to build your resume and learn about business. I immediately fell in love with the people I work with, and knew this would be an amazing opportunity for me as long as I was will to (a) work hard, (b) have a student mentality, (c) soak up all of the knowledge each employee gave me, and (d) smile, have fun and maintain a positive attitude.
    When I think about it, if you aren't willing to do all of those things you won't be able to succeed professionally. Everyone at Waypoint wants to see all of their coworkers succeed, and are willing to come in early, or meet up with you after work in order to help you to continue to move forward.
    It has been an amazing learning experience and I can't wait to see what the next year and a half has in store for me at Waypoint.

Cons

I honestly do not believe there are any cons to this business. If you're not willing to work harder than the next person then you probably won't do well here, but that would be the case with any company.

Advice to Management

The management team is absolutely amazing, and incredibly supportive. They do not need any advice.

traveling sales rep in a pyramid scheme. if you want to advance you will be moving. don't waste your time.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

I worked at Waypoint Consulting full-time

Pros

High energy work environment, freebies, young staff, terrible location, daily meetings, not much else....

Cons

No compensation for traveling constantly, meager pay and misleading salary information. Asked direct questions and received round a bout responses. This is a pyramid scheme I don't understand how anyone can truly be successful with his model.

Great consulting experience with variety of industries and challenges.

I have been working at Waypoint Consulting

Pros

They seek to hire resources for talent and personality. They listen to their people and strive to make win-win for clients and company.

Cons

Sometimes difficult to keep priorities in order but that is nature of consulting.

RSS Feed </> Embed