Waypoint Consulting

Updated February 26, 2015
Updated February 26, 2015
4.2

Matt Wheeler

Great consulting experience with variety of industries and challenges.

I have been working at Waypoint Consulting

Pros

They seek to hire resources for talent and personality. They listen to their people and strive to make win-win for clients and company.

Cons

Sometimes difficult to keep priorities in order but that is nature of consulting.

Excellent experience with great people

Former Employee - Business Account Consultant/Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Business Account Consultant/Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Waypoint Consulting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Created some lifelong relationships with the awesome people in this office. Gained some very important experience for my future. Developed skills and knowledge that I would not have been able to gain in just another job for just another company. Truly a great learning experience, with extremely high advancement opportunity.

Cons

Very long hours, very tough work, for very little pay.

It was okay

Former Employee - "Account Manager"
    Former Employee - "Account Manager"

I worked at Waypoint Consulting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You get to meet new people, always hiring, ok environment.

Cons

Full commission. Door to door sales. long hours. No health care, no 401k pretty much nothing. no benefits.

Wonderful Learning Experience and Great Opportunities!

Former Employee - Business Account Consultant in Thornton, CO
    Former Employee - Business Account Consultant in Thornton, CO

I worked at Waypoint Consulting

Pros

Waypoint Consulting offers complete management training through business to business sales. It is an intensive process training how to read people, consult with business owners, and promote sales while building yourself up a measurable leadership ladder. There is a lot of support, great team mentality, and tons of resources to utilize in order to succeed.

Cons

The work hours are extensive and this job requires the use of your personal vehicle in order to commute throughout the Denver Metro Area. Job is commission based. These may not be "cons" necessarily, but to be prepared to dedicate time and a vehicle is required, and these were two factors I'd prefer to minimize.

It's a basically more stable pyramid scheme.

I have been working at Waypoint Consulting full-time

Pros

- The people are fun and it's entertaining while in the office.
    - Learning how sell is a valuable business skill, I will give them that.

Cons

- It's 8am-6pm M-F
    - It's full commission
    - It's door to door sales
    - You are not compensated at all for the gas you use driving around all day.

Requiring 50 hours a week with no guaranteed pay is flirting with the fine line between tough and crazy.

Currently Employed at Waypoint for 6 months

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Waypoint Consulting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I am 29 and have been in the workforce since graduating college and this is the best work experience and opportunity I have seen. On a daily basis I train, interview, or manage a crew - sometimes all three. Also, interacting with many different personalities in the sales aspect has made me a much more effective person in the side of the job that actually matters which is helping develop people and give them a skill set that is common amongst successful people. The work environment is great. I work with a lot of my best friends. The people are energetic, exciting, funny, and we have similar mindset that we are willing to work hard for what we want out of life and we are all willing to go out of our way for people even when it isn't personally convenient. Matt's the best boss I've ever had. I look forward to continuing to grow with the company and travel. I just got back from the Chicago conference and next week and taking a road trip to Steamboat Springs. I have also seen the opportunity for management unfold. A friend of mine was promoted to open her own office in Dallas several weeks ago.

Cons

Not for people who are not willing to work hard or have a student mentality

Keep doing what you're doing and we will be back to #1 in the country in no time

A great opportunity for anyone eager to create success with great people.

Current Employee - Accountant Consultant in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Accountant Consultant in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Waypoint Consulting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Work environment. Hands down. Fun energetic constant learning experience. Great to be around such motivated and enthusiastic people. Thankful for the opportunity.

Cons

Anything that I think people would view as a "con" is really just a sacrifice necessary. Anyone who finds a "con" doesn't appreciate the opportunity.

Keep on, keep killin' it.

Great Opportunity to learn, develop, and grow and a platform to catapult yourself to greater things

I worked at Waypoint Consulting full-time

Pros

As a straight out of college graduate, this job provided me with an excellent opportunity to develop and grow as an individual. Within three weeks of starting and becoming a leader, I had the opportunity to interview, train, manage, and develop others. If you are looking for experience and the opportunity to push yourself to the limits, this is definitely the job for you. The experience garnered from working at this company has allowed me to catapult myself into even greater opportunities that I never would have been able to achieve several months ago. The resulting resume I obtained from working here has really increased my value with future employers, and the individual growth I have gathered has really transformed me from an unexperienced, apprehensive college grad to a developed, determined, and motivated young professional. I truly appreciate everything that I have learned from these fantastic people.

Cons

The process to getting to management and becoming your own boss/partner in the company is exceedingly difficult. Clearly there are people who make it, but it necessitates an undying devotion and commitment to the job, which is exhausting. It literally takes the sacrifice of your entire previous life- sometimes to include family and friends- to become successful, which is something I just could not afford. Additionally, the pay is variable due to it being 100% commissions based, which is a double edged sword. If you are good, then you will be compensated greatly. If you are not a stellar communicator or people person, the pay will be less than anticipated.

Thank you for the experience! Keep up with the fancy shoes! Don't let your employees sleep with one another, causes bad juju.

Fun work environment with great leadership opportunity!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Waypoint Consulting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is sweet. Great place to make friends. Awesome opportunities for growth and development. A chance to set your own paycheck and personal values. Office provides training and helps you achieve personal goals.

Cons

Exceedingly time consuming. Confidence is key.

Management is doing a great job and creates a positive work environment.

Entry Level Position Providing Opportunity For Those Willing to Work For It.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Waypoint Consulting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I have worked at Waypoint for 10 months now. I will admit that this position is not for everyone but from my own experience I can say with 100% confidence that it has grown and developed me immensely as a person. It provides opportunity and leadership development for those willing to work for it in a fun and engaging environment that is accepting of everyone. In my 10 months with this business I have met many individuals with whom I am sure I will be lifelong friends. I have had the opportunity to travel all over the country to visit other offices and attend conferences to further my development as an individual as well as a business professional. I am very grateful to have the opportunity to work with so many people that genuinely care about each other. At the end of the day, this is a people helping people business that really rewards people who are willing to go the extra mile for each other. I would absolutely recommend this position anyone who wants to eventually be signing their own paycheck. The hard work pays off.

Cons

The only "con" I can think of right now is that I get pushed out of my comfort zone constantly. I would not grow without this constant wind behind me.

Continue to push your employees to be great. Complacency is a mind-set that only hinders people from achieving their full potential. I am so thankful for this opportunity and am very excited to be able to provide the same opportunity to others in the (near) future.

Waypoint Consulting Photos