Waypoint Homes Reviews

Updated August 16, 2014

Doug Brien & Gary Beasley

Reinvented My Career

I worked at Waypoint Homes full-time

Pros

People there are truly in a family state of mind. Core values are simple and effective. Lots of challenges as this company has recently experience high amounts of growth and in many ways, attempting to catch up to more effect business process flows, especially in field positions. They deal with this well by involving c-suite execs in all levels of process changes. Leadership in all areas is of high caliber.

Cons

Expect to work a lot of hours. The company has had to restructure many times, and change is a frequent theme. If you're someone who isn't comfortable with change, or can set your ego aside to work with others and truly collaborate, you'll be very frustrated. Managers are often a bit flustered so it's been hard for their direct reports to receive the best coaching and 1:1 time.

Succession plans for managers and directors. Provide new or mid-level management coaching and leadership/ management training. Advertise all job offerings to the entire company internally prior to interviewing internal candidates.

Not great

I have been working at Waypoint Homes full-time

Pros

Their business idea was a good guess, and my boss here is the best I've ever had.

Cons

Fanatical pace, bad upper management, miserly-cheap, all-around bad.

Where to start...

Some good people, not a great work place

Current Employee - IT Technician  in  Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - IT Technician in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Waypoint Homes full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some good experiences working in an interesting field, employees are nice. My manager was one of the few that seemed like he actually cared about his employees.

Cons

Pay was really bad, about half of what it should have been which is why I didn't stay very long. They try to make up for this by giving 'perks' of a $10 gift card to employee of the week.

Everything is a fire drill, late night/weekend emails that expect to be answered immediately. Stressful, worrying about constant lay-offs.

Huge divide between management and employees. Stingy with holidays/PTO. There was one instance where we were told in advance we had a holiday off (Memorial Day, Columbus day, can't remember) and the Friday before at like 3pm, everyone is emailed by the CEO that we no longer have the day off, as it's not really considered a holiday. People had to cancel trips/plans as some couldn't afford to take the day off.

Upper mgmt talk a good game, saying they want to help employees grow, listen to their needs, they should try following through with it. Invest in your employees, put your money where your mouth is.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If you NEED a job you could do worse

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator  in  Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Waypoint Homes full-time for more than a year

Pros

The benefits are good and the ease of access is good. the team I work with is comprised of great and capable people

Cons

The management structure doesn't communicate, the employees are often over qualified and under paid. the product/service they offer is subpar and their focus is on the investor, not their client

get out while you can because I will be doing the same

Borderline humiliating

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I worked at Waypoint Homes full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

seniority, had first choice with PTO.

Cons

Two pay cuts within one calendar year. Management completely sexist, will not promote women who are qualified. Management inconsistent. Constant round of lay offs due to "consolidation". Received demeaning abuse from direct manager (took one year of HR complaints for him to finally be fired). In constant fear of being laid off. Employees completely undervalued.

To be fair and consistent will ALL employees (women) in the company.

Thriving sinking ship

Former Employee - Recruiter  in  Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Oakland, CA

I worked at Waypoint Homes as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

the people here are very talented

Cons

business model is failing and people need to be more in the loop

to think outside the box and generate cash flow through its existing propoeties

Great Experience and Growth Opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Waypoint Homes as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

This is the company to be at if you are looking for great career opportunities and good experience! This company gives you top tier work. The workload is pretty heavy but it keeps you busy. They put a lot of trust in you.

Cons

There needs to be a better training program and the length of training needs to be longer

Keep up the good work! expand! grow! interact with your employees more

Good company, great benefits

I worked at Waypoint Homes full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good business model, compensation good, benefits good.

Cons

Disorganization, favoritism, not listening to sales staff that are knowledgeable about where prices should be.
    Claiming to care about customers and staff, but not really.

If someone complains, please listen. they have a reason. If you would, you wouldn't lose good staff to
    unqualified managers who play favorites.

Great experience

Current Employee - Residential Screening  in  Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Residential Screening in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Waypoint Homes as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Good working environment. Management support.

Cons

provide more training for leasing specialists out in the field as their actions reflect on the company

Inflated market share in real estate investment industry and wonderful work/life balance without clumsy hierarchy.

Former Employee - Data Analyst  in  Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in Oakland, CA

I worked at Waypoint Homes as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Rental Reinvestment is a creative business model that would work justifiable in long term as the real estate market absorbed comprehensive concentration from investors. The failure of IPO last year would only be a bump along the way to prosperity in this domain.

Cons

The booming idea has drawn significant number of competitors and sprawling expansion in the market would dominate over the qualification of target residential places, which would impede the public image of herald executing this business strategy.

Develop research to emerging economies such as China and Myanmar which experiences housing bubble and whose resale home market are yet to unfold completely and prepare the tactics to invest in booming nations.

Worked for Waypoint Homes? Contribute to the Community!