Waypoint Homes
www.waypointhomes.com Oakland, CA 500 to 999 Employees

Waypoint Homes Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014
Waypoint Homes – “Building”

Doug Brien & Gary Beasley

Great Experience and Growth Opportunities

Oakland, CA

ProsThis is the company to be at if you are looking for great career opportunities and good experience! This company gives you top tier work. The workload is pretty heavy but it keeps you busy. They put a lot of trust in you.

ConsThere needs to be a better training program and the length of training needs to be longer

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work! expand! grow! interact with your employees more

Some good people, not a great work place

IT Technician (Current Employee)
    Oakland, CA

ProsSome good experiences working in an interesting field, employees are nice. My manager was one of the few that seemed like he actually cared about his employees.

ConsPay was really bad, about half of what it should have been which is why I didn't stay very long. They try to make up for this by giving 'perks' of a $10 gift card to employee of the week.

Everything is a fire drill, late night/weekend emails that expect to be answered immediately. Stressful, worrying about constant lay-offs.

Huge divide between management and employees. Stingy with holidays/PTO. There was one instance where we were told in advance we had a holiday off (Memorial Day, Columbus day, can't remember) and the Friday before at like 3pm, everyone is emailed by the CEO that we no longer have the day off, as it's not really considered a holiday. People had to cancel trips/plans as some couldn't afford to take the day off.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper mgmt talk a good game, saying they want to help employees grow, listen to their needs, they should try following through with it. Invest in your employees, put your money where your mouth is.

If you NEED a job you could do worse

Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Oakland, CA

ProsThe benefits are good and the ease of access is good. the team I work with is comprised of great and capable people

ConsThe management structure doesn't communicate, the employees are often over qualified and under paid. the product/service they offer is subpar and their focus is on the investor, not their client

Advice to Senior Managementget out while you can because I will be doing the same

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Borderline humiliating

Oakland, CA

Prosseniority, had first choice with PTO.

ConsTwo pay cuts within one calendar year. Management completely sexist, will not promote women who are qualified. Management inconsistent. Constant round of lay offs due to "consolidation". Received demeaning abuse from direct manager (took one year of HR complaints for him to finally be fired). In constant fear of being laid off. Employees completely undervalued.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo be fair and consistent will ALL employees (women) in the company.

Thriving sinking ship

Recruiter (Former Employee)
    Oakland, CA

Prosthe people here are very talented

Consbusiness model is failing and people need to be more in the loop

Advice to Senior Managementto think outside the box and generate cash flow through its existing propoeties

Great experience

Residential Screening (Current Employee)
    Oakland, CA

ProsGood working environment. Management support.

Consprovide more training for leasing specialists out in the field as their actions reflect on the company

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Good company, great benefits

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood business model, compensation good, benefits good.

ConsDisorganization, favoritism, not listening to sales staff that are knowledgeable about where prices should be.
    Claiming to care about customers and staff, but not really.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf someone complains, please listen. they have a reason. If you would, you wouldn't lose good staff to
    unqualified managers who play favorites.

Inflated market share in real estate investment industry and wonderful work/life balance without clumsy hierarchy.

Data Analyst (Former Employee)
    Oakland, CA

ProsRental Reinvestment is a creative business model that would work justifiable in long term as the real estate market absorbed comprehensive concentration from investors. The failure of IPO last year would only be a bump along the way to prosperity in this domain.

ConsThe booming idea has drawn significant number of competitors and sprawling expansion in the market would dominate over the qualification of target residential places, which would impede the public image of herald executing this business strategy.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop research to emerging economies such as China and Myanmar which experiences housing bubble and whose resale home market are yet to unfold completely and prepare the tactics to invest in booming nations.

I loved it here and I have grown so much since I've started.

Oakland, CA

ProsYou get what you want if you beg for it.

ConsIt's in Oakland.... Pay isn't great! Kind of a cheap with employee benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your employees what they need when they need it.

It was just OK

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people I worked with were great!

ConsIt was a new company in the state.

Worked for Waypoint Homes? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Waypoint Homes reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Waypoint Homes CEO Doug Brien & Gary Beasley. All 14 reviews posted anonymously by Waypoint Homes employees.