We R Wireless

www.wer-wireless.com

We R Wireless Reviews

2.6

CEO

Its not the best place to work, not the worst. Good job for someone in early 20's

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at We R Wireless full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It is a relaxing environment. The fact you have a computer and young people working with you

Cons

Just like any sales job, it is sales driven. I work between two different locations and the slower location is terrible for sales. They still require you to hit similar metrics but the location sucks... They'll even take money out of your commissions if you don't hit your metrics.

Lot's of freedom, not much consistency.

Current Employee - Store Manager in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at We R Wireless full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love the fact I have a lot of freedom and a lot of chances to move up. Company focuses on customer service.

Cons

New commission structure, high goals, work 50 hours a week for low pay. If your in the clique then your treated amazing, regardless on how well you work.

Treat your store managers and sales reps better. They lead your company.

Great career path opportunities.

Former Employee - Store Manager in Hatfield, PA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Hatfield, PA

I worked at We R Wireless full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Quick advancement, many career path options, great income potential.
    I started as a sales rep and was quickly promoted to manager. There were many opportunities to advance to regional manager as well. The company was growing rapidly and I saw many other potential opportunities as the business grew as well.

Cons

Long hours, retail hours, no holidays

Involve employees more in goal setting/compensation structure

Needs Work

I have been working at We R Wireless full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

some great people in stores and backoffice....

Cons

low pay, failure to pay commissions...too many owners making different decisions...not working as one company...disorganized

Take car of you managers and above...they are the driving force of your company and you fail to take care of them

Attempts to be like a corp store, but is far from it

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at We R Wireless full-time (less than an year)

Pros

employees that I worked with all had positive attitudes - sales reps want to perform at their best

Cons

sells returned phones as new phones, base pay is weak, continually given contradictory guidance (says to do one thing, but expects something else, and then says that's not what I told you to do)

Helpful as a stepping stone, not necessarily a career.

Current Employee - Store Manager in Exton, PA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Exton, PA

I have been working at We R Wireless full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The ability to make your own paychecks through commission, as well as earning a (meager) hourly wage.
    Close-knit workgroup. Everyone knows everyone else.

Cons

Rules & regs change everyday.
    There are a lot more that I won't get into.

Was lied to from the get go!

Former Employee - Store Manager in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Arlington, VA

I worked at We R Wireless

Pros

Truly unlimited earning potential! You work with the latest and greatest in the wireless world. Commission is the highest in the industry. You have full control over pricing

Cons

The upper management is a fine example of failed micromanagement. Example, my first day with the company i had multiple interviews passed off on me.....on my first day with the company i was interviewing applicants.

Like the other reviews have stated it is true Indian employees are treated different then others.

iIF you get a paper check with this company it will be wrong and late, i have never worked for a company where your pay check could arrive within a 5 day window. Its a joke.

Value all of your employees . Upper management needs a serious look at there are a ton of people in power that have no business in retail.

Current store manager

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at We R Wireless full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have been with We R for 9 months now. I started out as a sales rep and within 3 months I was promoted. I have ran my own store for about 6 months now and I love what I do. I do work 50 hours a week but because I get commission as well I actually don’t mind. I make some really good money for being only 26. I work hard but I get to play hard as well.

Cons

Since I have been here I have had 3 different DM’s. One got fired, and I was moved to two different ones back and forth. Sometimes it hard to get a good relationship when they are new to you. They do not know how they work. The health plan is a lot of money for one person.

Give me more time with my boss. I really like who I have now. He is always in the store and does everything I need so please do not move him.

Good Potential, no direction

I have been working at We R Wireless full-time

Pros

Very nice showrooms, and up to date products

Cons

No clear training, no real advancement past store manager, pay is not equal to the same type of businesses elsewhere.

Your employees are worth their weight in gold, respect them a pay them as such.

We R Wireless Is A Terrible Place to Work

I have been working at We R Wireless

Pros

The pros are the same as in any other wireless store. You are close to the technology and if you love wireless, it is always a plus being in a cellular store.

Cons

The commission is very low. They have no real HR department which leaves you open to any kind of bad treatment and unfairness with no recourse. They can do what they want to do when they want to do it without a paper trail.

The company is owned and operated by Indians and everyone in the corporate office is Indian. What's bad about that is that there are Indian reps in some of the stores who are complete, total slackers. They are not held to the same standard as others. Store managers have no say-so and neither does the Regional Manager.

The store I worked in did not have a microwave or a refrigerator. The toilet was like something you would expect to find on a subway stop. Conditions for employees are beyond terrible and I've seen this in many stores.

The checks are often wrong and if you get a physical check instead of direct deposit, the check is often wrong AND late.

Many of the stores are very, very slow, sometimes with entire days going by with 1-2 customers. Yet, you are held to the same standard as if you had WalMart traffic.

There is no paid vacation and no paid sick days. There is no personal day.

Almost every employee employed is constantly looking for other jobs. When i started there it took less than a day before I was told by longtime employees what kind of crap place it is to work. There is no morale at all and that is because the leadership is poor. They are cheap and they do not care about the employees at all.

Your employees are your best asset. Find out what they are dissastisfied about and address the concerns. You cannot have a thriving business when the only reason people work for you is as a bus stop until another job opens up.

Your commission rates stink! When you pay people and they are treated correctly, they are more likely to be loyal. Walk into any of your stores and look at the Internet history. you will see, on every computer, that the employee has been on Monster.com or Careerbuilder.com. Only a few of your store managers want to be there. All other employees are looking to get out and that is a direct reflection on management and the mediocre management style.

We R Wireless Photos