We R Wireless Reviews

Updated April 10, 2015
13 reviews filtered by
2.6
CEO

1. We R Wireless is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Aberdeen, MD
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Aberdeen, MD

I have been working at We R Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We R Wireless is an excellent company which provides an outstanding work environment and incentives for employees to become stronger professionals. They have the best products. I like the training, benefits and income.

Cons

Nothing as i could remember.

2. Run Away and Work for ANYONE but here. Its your fault if you accept the job from them.

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at We R Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None, other than no one to supervise you, train you, etc. Your alone in your store 90% of the time.

Cons

They will rip you off on commission. I mean like taking 50 - 75% of the money you have earned. They provide you ZERO explanation as to why as well. Also, if you sell phones and you get a "charge back" they literally make you pay them back MORE money than they paid you. Example.. you get $20 for selling a phone. If that customer does anything that causes a charge back in 6 months, you pay the company back $70 - $100 for that sale. Say what you want, but I don't know ANY company I want to invest my time in and PAY THEM to let me work there.

As for benefits, right now top tier family medical is over $1300 out of YOUR pocket every month. They don't care and/or nor do they close for any holidays. There is no holiday pay. And unless your a salaried employee, you get ZERO paid vacation time either.

Advice to Management

Stop stealing the money EARNED by your sales associates. If you honestly feel they should care more about your store then their own life and family, run the damm store yourself!

Trust me you aren't doing yourself a favor by working here. You deserve better.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Spring Hill, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Spring Hill, FL

I have been working at We R Wireless full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get to sit around and watch YouTube videos because it's so slow. You will only make good money at these locations. Tarpon springs, springhill. Everywhere else you won't make anything in comparison.

Cons

Everything. Management is terrible, the company is sexist and racist and I am a male mind you making this observation. I can't even begin to tell you what makes this place so bad because I would be here for hours explaining everything. compensation is terrible,commission pay and hourly is awful compared to real verizon corporate or any mobile corporate location be it at&t or tmobile. They forced us to sell used cellphones to our customers, forced us to charge fees that real verizon stores do not charge , try to sell you four dollar cases for thirty bucks. Stay away from anything that says PREMIUM RETAILOR OR CELLAR SALES, THEY ARE NOT REALLY VERIZON! As a bonus here are some locations to avoid so you don't get tricked into buying from them. Tarpon springs, springhill, holiday, land o lakes, hudson, homosassa, roseavelt,Valrico, river view. All will mostly be located in publix plazas that's how you know it's not a real verizon. all right here in florida and locations in ohio mostly.

Advice to Management

You guys don't have a clue of what proper management is and God as my witnesses you'll suffer for it once your 75 other locations close down. 151 to 75 stores? Lol I'm sure that's a good indication of your job security. Stop trying to be tough and send out nasty emails and have some courage and say it to our face keyboard warrior's. But that's what happens when you have zero management skills.Stop spending money on cheap suits that don't fit you and take a management class or two. Also coming into work intoxicated probably isn't ideal unless you work for flexicom/we are wireless.

5. Its not the best place to work, not the worst. Good job for someone in early 20's

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at We R Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is a relaxing environment. The fact you have a computer and young people working with you

Cons

Just like any sales job, it is sales driven. I work between two different locations and the slower location is terrible for sales. They still require you to hit similar metrics but the location sucks... They'll even take money out of your commissions if you don't hit your metrics.

6. Lot's of freedom, not much consistency.

Current Employee - Store Manager in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at We R Wireless full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the fact I have a lot of freedom and a lot of chances to move up. Company focuses on customer service.

Cons

New commission structure, high goals, work 50 hours a week for low pay. If your in the clique then your treated amazing, regardless on how well you work.

Advice to Management

Treat your store managers and sales reps better. They lead your company.

7. Great career path opportunities.

Former Employee - Store Manager in Hatfield, PA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Hatfield, PA

I worked at We R Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Quick advancement, many career path options, great income potential.
    I started as a sales rep and was quickly promoted to manager. There were many opportunities to advance to regional manager as well. The company was growing rapidly and I saw many other potential opportunities as the business grew as well.

Cons

Long hours, retail hours, no holidays

Advice to Management

Involve employees more in goal setting/compensation structure

Needs Work

I have been working at We R Wireless full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

some great people in stores and backoffice....

Cons

low pay, failure to pay commissions...too many owners making different decisions...not working as one company...disorganized

Advice to Management

Take car of you managers and above...they are the driving force of your company and you fail to take care of them

Attempts to be like a corp store, but is far from it

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at We R Wireless full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

employees that I worked with all had positive attitudes - sales reps want to perform at their best

Cons

sells returned phones as new phones, base pay is weak, continually given contradictory guidance (says to do one thing, but expects something else, and then says that's not what I told you to do)

10. Helpful as a stepping stone, not necessarily a career.

Current Employee - Store Manager in Exton, PA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Exton, PA

I have been working at We R Wireless full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The ability to make your own paychecks through commission, as well as earning a (meager) hourly wage.
    Close-knit workgroup. Everyone knows everyone else.

Cons

Rules & regs change everyday.
    There are a lot more that I won't get into.

Was lied to from the get go!

Former Employee - Store Manager in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Arlington, VA

I worked at We R Wireless

Pros

Truly unlimited earning potential! You work with the latest and greatest in the wireless world. Commission is the highest in the industry. You have full control over pricing

Cons

The upper management is a fine example of failed micromanagement. Example, my first day with the company i had multiple interviews passed off on me.....on my first day with the company i was interviewing applicants.

Like the other reviews have stated it is true Indian employees are treated different then others.

iIF you get a paper check with this company it will be wrong and late, i have never worked for a company where your pay check could arrive within a 5 day window. Its a joke.

Advice to Management

Value all of your employees . Upper management needs a serious look at there are a ton of people in power that have no business in retail.

We R Wireless Photos