WePay

www.wepay.com

WePay Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2014

Bill Clerico

SV start-up with the usual hubris & ambition but tempered by accomplished, adult leaders.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsWePay is solving a real problem, for which real customers pay real money

employees are valued at WePay and treated quite well

a star executive team

mature, exceptionally bright founders (Bill, Rich)

well-funded and also generates substantial revenue

growing

"perks" competitive with the top-tier outfits in SV

awesome office space

ConsWePay's market--very competitive. WePay is outstanding but in my opinion, so are Balanced and Stripe, for example; an excellent company competing head to head with those two outfits could still come in third.

Advice to Senior Managementstay on the current path; keep hiring, keep raising the bar for new hires, and continue to innovate.

broken product, low morale, no real leadership

Prosopen vacation policy, free lunch/snacks, emerging company

ConsHigh turnover lately which makes me question if I should start looking for another job.

Competitors are out innovating them. But thats not even the biggest problem, the bigger problem is having a product that doesn't work as it stands now. There are a lot of reliability issues and bugs with it.

We're in a situation where we don't have enough of engineering resources which means we can't simultaneously fix whats broken and focus on innovation and expansion

Advice to Senior ManagementI love our founders, they are great people. However, it may be time for them to step aside and allow more experienced leaders to step in to take the company to the next level.

Great people, always improving--great internship!

Sales (Former Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsFocused on intern success
    Constant feedback
    Great company culture
    Very focused on employee happiness
    Always trying to improve company focus
    Great CEO

ConsLimited project availability
    Not much project diversification

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up and don't be afraid to set aggressive goals!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fast growing, innovative company with great culture

ProsWePay is a really fun company to work for - that's because the company spends a lot of time on two things 1) pushing the envelope to be innovative and 2) listening to employees and focusing on a great culture. I'm always encouraged to be creative. Moreover, executive leadership is always open to listening to me and they are very transparent. Plus, you get the excitement of a fast growing start-up and while we work hard, people are pretty respectful of work/life balance as well - which I didn't expect in a start-up.

ConsPayments is really interesting but just a complex and sometimes challenging space. You have to be ready to constantly be thinking about risk and regulation - whether you are in product, support, engineering or marketing.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

I work with an intelligent hard-working group of people changing online payments

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsPeople love what we are doing. We love what we are doing. Happy users equal growth.

ConsYou better work hard, which is not a downside to me.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep innovating and taking risks.

Hands down the best place to build my career

ProsCompany: I joined WePay a couple years ago as an unpaid intern. I've quickly risen the ranks and have learned more in the last 6 months than my entire college career. I'm also blown away by the tenacity, drive, and hustle of the entire company (especially management). We have an awesome product, now-famous customer service, and a well thought out execution plan. I also work with the smartest people I know.

Perks: New macbook air, 3 free meals a day, huge snack-room stocked with whatever you want, and a young, "work hard, play hard" culture. We also get a discounted gym membership and have company off-sites every quarter.

ConsBuilding a company is hard. The entire WePay team works long hours (10-12 hours per day) and is constantly pushing themselves to be better. As a result, you might feel inadequate your first few months but that goes away with time.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep innovating, keep moving.

Worked for WePay? Contribute to the Community!