WePay Reviews

Great place to work

Current Employee - Senior API Engineer  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Senior API Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at WePay full-time for less than a year

Pros

I joined last year as the first female engineer. It has been a great ride. I have learned so much in the last year that I learned in four years at Harvard. The people that work here are probably some of the best people I have met in my career. Such patience, such tenacity, such passion, and such intelligence. I wake up every day looking forward to work (and let me tell you, I have been at companies where that was definitely not the case). Everyday comes a new challenge at work and new opportunities for me to grow and expand my reach. You get to grow, grow, grow. They will push you to go beyond your potential in a good way.

Cons

I would say the food for sure. It is sooo good. Haha. But if you can learn some self control, you will be fine. :)

We need more engineers especially female ones!

A slowly dying company.

Former Employee - Senior Engineer  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at WePay full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice people, especially the 2 founders. Some $$ in the bank from a recent funding round.

Cons

Very poor engineering infrastructure. Outages occurred regularly and nothing was ever learned from them.

WePay.com has been around 6 years is still unprofitable and no sign that will change anytime soon. The founders are trying to encourage optimism from another pivot but still with the same rotting engineering foundation.

Look at the competition in this space; WePay is getting killed by younger more aggressive competitors.

broken product, low morale, no real leadership

I have been working at WePay

Pros

open vacation policy, free lunch/snacks, emerging company

Cons

High turnover lately which makes me question if I should start looking for another job.

Competitors are out innovating them. But thats not even the biggest problem, the bigger problem is having a product that doesn't work as it stands now. There are a lot of reliability issues and bugs with it.

We're in a situation where we don't have enough of engineering resources which means we can't simultaneously fix whats broken and focus on innovation and expansion

I love our founders, they are great people. However, it may be time for them to step aside and allow more experienced leaders to step in to take the company to the next level.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people, always improving--great internship!

Former Employee - Sales  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at WePay as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Focused on intern success
    Constant feedback
    Great company culture
    Very focused on employee happiness
    Always trying to improve company focus
    Great CEO

Cons

Limited project availability
    Not much project diversification

Keep it up and don't be afraid to set aggressive goals!

Fast growing, innovative company with great culture

I have been working at WePay full-time for less than a year

Pros

WePay is a really fun company to work for - that's because the company spends a lot of time on two things 1) pushing the envelope to be innovative and 2) listening to employees and focusing on a great culture. I'm always encouraged to be creative. Moreover, executive leadership is always open to listening to me and they are very transparent. Plus, you get the excitement of a fast growing start-up and while we work hard, people are pretty respectful of work/life balance as well - which I didn't expect in a start-up.

Cons

Payments is really interesting but just a complex and sometimes challenging space. You have to be ready to constantly be thinking about risk and regulation - whether you are in product, support, engineering or marketing.

I work with an intelligent hard-working group of people changing online payments

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at WePay

Pros

People love what we are doing. We love what we are doing. Happy users equal growth.

Cons

You better work hard, which is not a downside to me.

Keep innovating and taking risks.

Hands down the best place to build my career

I have been working at WePay full-time

Pros

Company: I joined WePay a couple years ago as an unpaid intern. I've quickly risen the ranks and have learned more in the last 6 months than my entire college career. I'm also blown away by the tenacity, drive, and hustle of the entire company (especially management). We have an awesome product, now-famous customer service, and a well thought out execution plan. I also work with the smartest people I know.

Perks: New macbook air, 3 free meals a day, huge snack-room stocked with whatever you want, and a young, "work hard, play hard" culture. We also get a discounted gym membership and have company off-sites every quarter.

Cons

Building a company is hard. The entire WePay team works long hours (10-12 hours per day) and is constantly pushing themselves to be better. As a result, you might feel inadequate your first few months but that goes away with time.

Keep innovating, keep moving.

Worked for WePay? Contribute to the Community!