Weatherby Locums

4.3

Pat Kennedy
1 Rating

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Weatherby Locums full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Weatherby provides so many different avenues to progress personally and professionally & I am proud to work for a company that supports me in both areas of my life.

Cons

Company is growing...busy, busy, busy but I love the challenge so I guess this is really not a con.

Keep up the good work!

semi raciest

Former Employee - Recruiter in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Durham, NC

I worked at Weatherby Locums full-time (less than an year)

Pros

some what friendly but i wasnt very happy

Cons

if your not in the click you wont have success

none

Not your Friend

Former Employee - Locum Tenens Physician
    Former Employee - Locum Tenens Physician

I worked at Weatherby Locums as a contractor (more than 10 years)

Pros

Locums is about keeping your possibilities as widely stretched as possible. They are a big company and you should listen to what they have.

Cons

They are not your friend. They work for the client, not for the doctor who is providing the care that runs the whole show. They do not vet the clients well and they will not run interference with the client. This means you are being micromanaged by a nursing supervisor who has 'definite ideas" about what she thinks is real medicine. Professionally untenable unless you are convinced the client is above board and not playing games

Decide who you work for

Sales Consultant

I worked at Weatherby Locums full-time

Pros

Great environment to work in.

Cons

Most people are worried they will lose their job. Buddy system in full affect. EXTREMELY HIGH TURN OVER RATE. enough said. Smoke screens are up. Once they fire you, all your existing doctors that are working for you at the time you are fired will be all the companies profits. You get no severance. You are building a pipeline for seasoned guys that have been there for awhile. Good luck. I told you so:)

Management are under stress from the greedy investors to produce. They get fired all the time there also.

Awesome play to work. Its the easiest and the hardest job you could have at the same time

I worked at Weatherby Locums

Pros

Very loose environment. Not too serious. Company loves to feed you.

Cons

If you don't get placed on the most profitable team...good luck. You will just be spinning your wheels.

So far so GREAT!!

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Weatherby Locums full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I've been with a company a little bit over a month and it is everything that it was advertised, so there have been ZERO surprises and here at Weatherby I get a ton of support and guidance from my director and anybody else for that matter. That's whats really impressed me the most so far is that even my fellow sales consultants who have plenty on their plate as well will gladly help me out with advice and support as if it was a part of their duty. I'm proud to say that Ive booked days within just a few weeks of being on the desk and look forward to many more!!

Cons

Not really a whole lot I can say here. The only thing I would say is about to be resolved after the new year because we are going to a new, more modern and effecient software system. So this con will soon be a pro :)

Never change!

Truly one of the best companies I have worked for in my career....

Current Employee - Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Weatherby Locums full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The approach to the culture is truly top down. Leaders believe in and encourage the culture. From our executive leadership to our line leaders our red ribbon service and putting people first is part of our vernacular - not just buzz words.

Cons

As we grow bigger, we will continue to have to "work at" over communicating, continuous hiring and maintaining our culture. But, the key is that we are "working at it"...Therefore, we will be successful!

Continue to focus on driviing the culture, sticking to the things that have made us successful and putting people first by coaching and developing your employees.

Weatherby makes a workplace that is fun and perfermance driven at the same time.

Current Employee - Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Weatherby Locums full-time (more than an year)

Pros

With such a hard time in the economy this days, Weatherby helps make it a little easier for all of it's employees. With their strong leadership in place to help drive business and a ton of fun team building activities and development programs to help us all success. Their training class is intense but gives us the resources we need to get a jump start in our career.

Cons

Not so much a con, Weatherby is growing so fast - remembering names is not easy. Over 300 strong now.

Help up the good work. We want to be #1 at in all market avenues.

Definitely a place where you can make a career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Weatherby Locums full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Came to the company simply as a means to support my family...have found a place where I plan to work until I retire!

Cons

While the growth has been exciting...it is harder to maintain the really close family feeling that existed when I first started. Just means we have to work harder at it!

Look for opportunities to promote from within as much as possible. Lots of talented, passionate, qualitied individuals in your midst.

A great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Weatherby Locums full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This company has it figured out! Such a great balance between work and fun. It is commited to its employees in every way. I am thankful for such a fantastic opportunity to work for a company that follows through with what it promises.

Cons

It is hard to learn so many names with such a large company!