Weatherford

www.weatherford.com

Weatherford Reviews in Houston, TX

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Weatherford Chairman of the Board, President, and Chief Executive Officer Bernard J. Duroc-Danner

Bernard J. Duroc-Danner

Pros
  • Flexibility / work life balance(in 8 reviews)

• WFT offer a relatively good benefits and compensation(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Just like any other huge company, lack of communication, trouble with HR helping with issues(in 7 reviews)

• As some have noted, the work-life balance is pretty poor(in 7 reviews)

87 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Could be better

QHSE (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsJob stability, great benefits overtime. Easy way to enter the industry. Great coworkers. Break rooms and clean restrooms. Lots of parking spots. Gymnastics and aerobics.

ConsPoor management, slave wages, long hours, no preventative maintenance. Machine keep breaking down and stopping production. Safety quality and production are priorities but not in that order.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire better managers raise pay

Not Bad!

Geomechanics Modeler (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsPeople are very nice, but money is problem.

ConsLow salary compare to othe oil/gas companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to people below manager level.

Proceed With Caution

Lead (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsNice people to work with
    Work in offices (JFK location)
    Adequate pay
    Flexibility / work life balance
    Good place if you just need work

ConsVery difficult to accomplish things due to constantly shifting priorities
    Several rounds of layoffs recently
    Siloed work environment
    Low morale
    JDE ERP - enough said

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some goals & priorities and share them with the company. Then stick to them and empower your employees to reach them. Upgrade your systems and stop doing everything manually on paper... Just make the investment and spend the money!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Growing company with obstacles and challenges to overcome.

Forklift Operator (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsI was a temp at Weatherford. The pay was good. The people were nice. The team was very helpful.

ConsI worked there for more than 6 months thinking I was going to get hired on. Not enough training was done.

Not bad, but Not Great

Accountant (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsYou have the ability to move to different positions within the company after a year of employment.

ConsBonuses are not given at all levels.
     If you don't have tough skin, Weatherford is probably not the place for you. Managers will speak to you in a rude tone 75% of the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees. Treat them as the hard working people they are and not just a number. Bonuses should be given to ALL employess even on the administration level.

Horrible Place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsYou work so much overtime that you end up making a lot of money. But it is still under the average rate for those types of jobs

ConsSalary will always be below average, you work so much overtime that you can't see your family. Management is mediocre at best, When big wigs arrive the management in the facility will block any chance to speak. If you so happen to get through to someone they will let you go under anything they can find.

Weatherford International wears you out

Technical Writer (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsIt's a job. I like my co-workers. I make a little bit of overtime.

ConsI never get vacation. Our manager is a micromanager--no matter how much he says he isn't. He really is. It's very stressful to work here. We are constantly worried about layoffs.

Advice to Senior ManagementIts good to treat your employees with respect--actually appreciate them. Give them a permanent position before they walk out the door--not during their two week notice.

Great start to the Oil and Gas Industry

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsDecent Pay
    Awesome colleagues
    Direct management is great / fair
    Flexible hours
    Great benefits
    Relaxed feel.

ConsVery indecisive upper management.
    Constant organizational changes.
    Unstable feel.
    It seems that the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to employee moral.
    When something is implemented, follow through. Make it happen.

Manufacturing Review

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsI took a manufacturing position at WFT because I needed the job. I don't know why they hired me from the temporary service as my immediate supervisor repeatedly informed me I was not good at my job. When I ask for permission to go to another position that was better suited for my education and experience I was told I had to remain in my position for one year, per WFT policy. Other people were moved and promoted prior to their year being over. I guess to get that kind of consideration you had to smoke and have a belly that made you look eight months pregnant, even if male. Although my position was located inside an air conditioned building, monthly safety meeting topics included poisonous snake identification and fireworks safety.

ConsIf you take a job in this organization do not expect to move up.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour competition is expanding to new facilities all over town. You have excessive debt. Good luck.

Facilities Coordinator

Facilities (Former Employee) Houston, TX

Prosopportunity for growth, great benefits package, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick days

ConsNot the best paying oilfield company

Advice to Senior ManagementEach manager should discuss issues with their entire team, not just the person leading that particular team

Worked for Weatherford? Contribute to the Community!