Web.com Inc Reviews

Reset

1. Company Review Overall

Former Employee - Revenue Fraud Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Revenue Fraud Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Web.com Inc (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a great company to work for when your just starting your career, lots of opportunities to learn about all areas of business. Co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with, the majority of the time. Company offers competitive benefits package as well as a very nice PTO plan for their employees.

Cons

Absolutely no room for growth, the company doesn't believe in promoting from within. Management has little respect for their employees, and they take micromanaging to an entirely different level. The company doesn't provide annual raises.

Advice to Management

Learn to value your employees and treat them with respect as human beings.

Satisifed Employee

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Consultant in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing Consultant in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Web.com Inc full-time

Pros

The benefits, especially the dental insurance is really good!!! The employee perks that I receive are also really good: discounted Jaguar season tickets, free tickets to Jacksonville Suns, Sharks and Armada sport teams. Oh I forgot free tickets to the PGA tour every year, discounted cell phone bill, and discount tickets for theme parks!!! I have been with the company for three years, and every year I receive a NICE Christmas bonus. Not a mention, the Christmas party that we have at the TPC, where they give- a-way thousands in gifts. On top of that, the employee stock options that we receive. The company also pays for my college tuition, after I have successfully completed the course. This is the first company that I have worked for that genuinely cares about their employees. Everyone here, including the executives, are very approachable and the open door policy allows you to directly speak to the higher ups. The compensation, is excellent!!! What I make in six months is what most people make all year.

Cons

Because the company is so large, there can sometimes be a disconnect between the departments.

Advice to Management

I think that there should be a department that acts as a liaison between sales and fulfillment, to prevent the consultants from having to save a sale because account management dropped the ball.

3. Just ok

I have been working at Web.com Inc full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work life balance is nice.

Cons

Ignored unless you work at headquarters. Salaries are not great especially when factoring in cost of living

5. Great culture, perks, and people!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Web.com Inc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people here are awesome and make coming to work fun. We have fun community events and the company is also doing a lot of fun things to help us all be healthier and more active.

Cons

Sometimes the pay isn't the most competitive, but the benefits and annual bonuses help to make up for that.

Advice to Management

Evaluate pay competitiveness, that is the reason almost everyone leaves the company.

6. Overall review

Current Employee - Modifications Specialist in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Modifications Specialist in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Web.com Inc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In house benefits with health service, stock options. People I work with. Working really hard for small businesses. Keeping them in mind first.

Cons

Not keeping up with Currently website standards and trends. Lack of Career Growth, Compensation, Employee sentiment.

Advice to Management

Don't see enough positive coming from Senior management, a lot of specialist do not know who they are. Out of the box benefits (student loan reimbursement, time off to volunteer in the community)

7. Worst company

Former Employee - Digital Marketing Consultant in Lewisville, TX
    Former Employee - Digital Marketing Consultant in Lewisville, TX

I worked at Web.com Inc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Freedom to work from home.

Cons

The management at this company is very immature and love to micromanage. The services they offer do not work. They taught about being a no contract company however they charge the client and don't start campaigns for 3-4 weeks. Run don't walk from this company.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the management team in Dallas. They are an HR nightmare.

8. Account Manager

Former Employee - Account Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Web.com Inc

Pros

People in Kenan office in Jax

Cons

Constant Brain Drain at this office in 2014 lost 21 people out 120 employees, in 2015 have lost 10 plus by mid-year out of 100 employees. All those lost were not replaced with external people skilled doing the former workers job, they are replaced with internal customer service reps.

Advice to Management

Quit and let someone who has better than a HS diploma or AA degree run things.

Web.com Inc Response

Jul 6, 2015 – Manager, Recruiting

Thank you for the feedback; we will look into your concerns!

9. COMPLETELY UNORGANIZED!

Former Employee - Account Executive in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Durham, NC

I worked at Web.com Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There were no pros! Don't work for this company. They underpay and overstate benefits.

Cons

There are literally too many to list. The management team is a complete joke, there is chaos everywhere, they do not grow organically but by acquiring other companies then have no idea what do to with them.

Advice to Management

fire everyone and start all over. Start growing organically and learn how to train new employees.

Account Manager

I worked at Web.com Inc full-time

Pros

Flexible work/life balance. Easy to get time off when needed.

Cons

Impossible to get a raise, they do not believe in them. No capacity planning so everyone was overworked.

11. Great for fresh college graduates

I have been working at Web.com Inc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Medical, dental, and vision Impressive stock options that accrue Two weeks annual paid time off Flexible hours in many departments Full of creative, talented employees Year-end bonus for both salary and hourly employees Special events, including annual holiday party, football, soccer, and golf tournaments

Cons

Little opportunity for growth Low overall compensation with no raises Zero performance-based bonuses for most fulfillment positions Does not nurture growth of existing talent pool Outdated and disjointed digital marketing practices Significant disconnect between upper management and fulfillment

Advice to Management

Web.com is a great place to begin your career fresh out of college if you can't leave Jacksonville. The company has become the "Walmart of websites," maintaining antiquated platforms and practices. To excel within the company, you should either accept an underpaying management position or apply for lateral positions in other departments. The pay is exceptionally low for the volume of work but the individuals at Web.com have so much potential. Many employees freelance outside the company to make ends meet. Let's just say If the company were a person, I wouldn't put a ring on it.

RSS Feed </> Embed