Web.com Inc Reviews

Updated September 12, 2014
2.6

Web.com Inc Chairman and CEO David L. Brown
David L. Brown

Pros
  • i don't think there was any except for stock options (in 11 reviews)

• Good benefits, great co workers, comfortable environment (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • they admit they do not offer annual raises (not even cost of living raises (in 5 reviews)

• Upper Management that puts profits over people at ANY COST (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Too many execs that have stayed together for way too long

Former Employee - Marketing Manager  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Web.com Inc full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Not a lot to be positive about, but the offices are clean and convenient to get to.

Cons

High pressure sales tactics, no accountability, horrible product set with little value to most businesses.

The executives are greedy and have a bad streak of nepotism. Stop hiring family members and ripping off your customers.

Low Pay, But They Leave You Alone If You Do Your Job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Web.com Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best part of working at this company, for me at least, has to be the flexibility. Many of us have the ability to set our own hours, which is great for obvious reasons.

Management rarely bothers me, and I can go entire days without hearing from them. There is very little micromanagement, which is wonderful. As long as you do your job, they tend to leave you alone.

The location is convenient, and the company is a great learning environment. I view this job as a stepping stone to go on to better things in the future. I'd say it's a great place for those fresh out of college to gain experience to add to their resumes.

The company health plan isn't bad, and you start accruing PTO on day one. It could be better, but it's pretty comparable to other companies in the area.

It's generally a good workplace environment, and most of the other employees are very kind and helpful.

Cons

The pay is terrible and well below industry standards in almost every department. They provide you with a base salary (whether hourly or salary), along with "incentives." The incentives are generally a commission scheme. Yes, you will make some extra cash from them, but the goals are basically unattainable. I view it as a way for the company to say we make more than we actually do. It also passes off the tax liability for some of their payroll expenses onto the employees. I would say that the number one reason most people leave is because of the lack of pay and because the company does not give raises.

Of course, being in Jacksonville, there is the "good ole boy" system in place. If you make friends with the right people, you are likely to get promoted. Otherwise, you are probably destined to be in the same place making the same meager wages year after year.

The company also needs to decide what it wants: quantity or quality. Obviously, it cannot have both, at least not at the rate of production it currently demands out of the employees. I have worked in two very different departments now, and can say that this is exactly the same issue in both of them (and in others, from what I have been told). Management will complain that they want faster production, and then will penalize employees for poor performance. Of course, this is a result of the employees trying to work too fast and making mistakes, or having too much on their plates to pay attention to detail, but the company doesn't care; they just pay them less in incentives.

They also frequently make promises to employees about a variety of things that either never happen, or happen much further into the future than expected. Everything takes much longer than they say, and after working here for a little while, you learn to take everything management says with a grain of salt.

Many employees are leaving because of the lack of pay. In the height of the recession, this was acceptable because there weren't too many jobs to be had, but things are getting better now, and a lot of talent is going elsewhere.

Show some appreciation for those who have helped you grow. Yes, the Christmas party is really nice and so are the free football tickets, but as we all know, what it really comes down to in every job is money.

Low Pay in a Sweat Shop Environment

Former Employee - Modifications Specialist  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Modifications Specialist in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Web.com Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people you work with are great. Good benefits.

Cons

No possibility of advancement and no raises. Unprofessional management and unethical practices. A sweat shop environment. Good ole boy network.

Treat the people who do the real work with respect, and pay them a decent wage. Follow these simple practices and you will not have a revolving door. Once the economy is strong, you will be forced to reevaluate how you treat employees.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Exactly what I feared

Current Employee - Management Team  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Management Team in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Web.com Inc full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Most employees are great to work with

Cons

Management is not honest with employees

Treat your employees with respect and you will get more out of them.

Do not work at the Spokane sales cubicle farm, you're just another expendable resource that is used and lied to.

Former Employee - Account Specialist  in  Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Account Specialist in Spokane, WA

I worked at Web.com Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

The sales plan seems lucrative, and is promoted as an easy way to make the big bucks, but in reality, they will try to find every way to not give you a commission or create a devaluation your performance.

Cons

Long-hours, few breaks and micro-managing of every aspect of your job, performance and career at Web.com

I spoke with management and expounded upon my negative experience, there was no concern or desire for change in the sales atmosphere or how they treat their employees.

Great place to work with great people.

Former Employee - Product Marketing Intern  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Product Marketing Intern in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Web.com Inc as an intern for less than a year

Pros

They give you a lot of exposure as an intern and allow you to get hands on experience within the company with various different projects.

Cons

Couldn't say anything bad about this company, all of my bosses genuinely cared about my daily activities and assisted me as I needed.

The job for which I've waited my whole life

Current Employee - Social Media Specialist  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Social Media Specialist in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Web.com Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

No micromanagement. If they leave you alone to do your job, you know you're doing a good job. No drama, either -- everyone in my department works together for the good of the group and the company.

Cons

A few quibbles here and there, but heaven compared to anyplace else I've worked in my life.

Just keep on doing what you're doing!

Poor Management is Hampering Company Growth

Current Employee - Copywriter  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Copywriter in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Web.com Inc full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice perks like xmas party, Jaguar tickets once a year. Benefits were affordable until earlier this year.

Cons

Web.com is incredibly poorly managed. Products are overpriced and customer service is intentionally terrible. The company's reputation is trash both with workers and customers (check the BBB website).

Within the company, pay is incredibly poor and management is apathetic. David Brown himself will tell you at your employee orientation that he will promote people just because they have been here for years. There is an older review posted here that mentions how the Pennsylvania office is an illustration of the Peter principle. So is the Jax office. The only people promoted to management are those with little qualifications and education so they can be had cheaply. For many of these people this is the best job they have ever had and they will do anything to hide their ineptitude and lack of knowledge. Many times I have seen employees try to get a better job, but you have to have the approval of your department manager and they will try to block you from moving ahead of them or leaving their department if you do good work, so you cant move up.

The HR department in the company doesnt function as a normal HR dept would. They are they to punish employees. Hourly people get taken there for being one minute late.

Also the review before mine talking about "the job ive been waiting for all my life" is obviously either fake or posted by someone with little to no education who is accustomed to working in retail or restaurants. That job is paid well under industry standard.

None. David Brown has been confronted directly by employees about how his operation is a sweatshop. He just says he will look into it and then runs back to the 4th floor

It is a good company having moved up from ATS to Website Pros. to Web.Com.

Former Employee - Modifications Specialist  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Modifications Specialist in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Web.com Inc full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Worked there for 11 years. They worked with me on some hard times in my life, I don't have now.

Cons

They are making leaps and bounds from the looks of it. But, not giving raises.

David Brown and Joel Williamson are good people. But, please look out for your employees because it's hard times now. As I'm sure you know. Oh, Joel this is Don Roberts look through your emails and think about hiring me again. Lol

Overworked and underpaid and not appreciated.

I have been working at Web.com Inc full-time

Pros

Must teach yourself everything, no support

Cons

No support, poor systems and lots of manual work.

Worked for Web.com Inc? Contribute to the Community!