WebDAM Reviews

WebDAM CEO/Co-Founder Jody Vandergriff
Jody Vandergriff

Your contributions matter on DAY ONE

I have been working at WebDAM full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people here are very friendly and passionate about their work. You won't find huge egos or downers, which is a testament to the high standards they have when recruiting. In my first week, I started off running by contributing to a key project. Expect to roll up your sleeves in exchange for rewarding work!

Cons

It's a fast-paced environment, so be prepared to adapt quickly.

A Growing Company and Leader in Its Industry

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative

I have been working at WebDAM full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Friendly, chill, passionate, collaborative, and fun culture. People work hard but also know how to have fun. The company was recently acquired by Shutterstock (Fortune 100 company), and there are many perks and good stuff to be had (massage Fridays, smoothie Wednesdays, stocked fridge, etc).

The company has acquired many very well regarded customers on the global level, and it's only on its way up.

Cons

It's not a 9-5. Expect to put in extra hours in order to do your job well. The work/life balance could definitely be better, but you've got to do what you got to do to get ahead. It all pays off in the end.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the metrics that matter, not activities for the sake of being busy. Reward your employees for hard work and dedication to their role, it will only make them work harder for you.

Laid back culture, but plagued by disorganized, immature managers

I worked at WebDAM full-time

Pros

WebDAM is a fun, growing company. They've obviously put a lot of thought into building a really attractive culture. Great benefits, thanks to acquisition by Shutterstock.

Cons

Despite the seemingly laidback culture, the environment can quickly turn stressful, unproductive and unprofessional. I believe this stems directly from the managers' behavior and lack of experience leading a team. Discussions tend to devolve into arguments with personal attacks. Very little respect for others' time and effort on projects, which get consistently derailed by managers with no transparency for supporting staff.

Advice to Management

Think beyond cultural perks to keep staff happy and engaged. Communicate with employees more respectfully and be more professional about giving feedback to workers in front of other colleagues.

Culture and Growth Potential is Unparalelled

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at WebDAM

Pros

Very collaborative, always learning, and awesome culture/team vibe. The leadership is always accessible and involved and we run like a Start-Up with the benefits of being a public company.

Cons

There are too many snack choices that enable me to eat all day.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! There is a reason that our employee retention is so high :)

Account Executive at the Best DAM company in the bay area

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at WebDAM full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very inviting and family-like environment. Everyone is dedicated and passionate about what they do for WebDAM. Working together, we strive to offer the best digital asset management solution on the planet. Bagel Mondays, Catered Lunch Fridays, Gym membership assistance and many more perks. Here, you are treated like a true contributor, an asset, versus feeling like an expendable number. The members of the senior leadership team are very approachable. There is room for advancement internally. We work hard and play hard. Best DAM company + offering the best DAM product=happy team members.

Cons

You have to be quick on your feet. Technology changes quickly as do the needs of prospects and clients alike. You have tons of support available but it does help if you are a self-starting problem solver.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

Awesome environment - Great for growth - One DAM good job!

I have been working at WebDAM full-time (more than a year)

Pros

So much to say about WebDAM! The energy is incredibly positive, the people are focused, smart, and full of personality, the product is outstanding and only gets better and better each day--and this is not to mention that the opportunities for professional growth and achievement are around every corner. The respect among co-workers in all directions (top-down, bottom-up, side to side) is very high. You opinions are valued and your impact is high. Not much more one could ask for.

Cons

It's not easy to find challenges working at WebDAM. It's a laid back start-up atmosphere with lots of ambition. In other words, we are capturing market share quickly so there is a lot to accomplish. Be prepared to stay busy and have the opportunity to wear some extra hats.

Great place to work, with lots of room for growth

I have been working at WebDAM full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic coworkers, great founders who listen to customers and employees. A well thought out product using the best of breed technology. The office is going through a remodel so that will even make this a better place to work. Growing quickly but we seem to only hire smart but down to earth people who are a joy to work with.

Cons

Personally my only con is my commute

Best DAM Company!

I have been working at WebDAM full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Working at WebDAM is Awesome. They (We) are such an innovative and creative start up. I'm very fortunate to have the ability to work for a company that allows me to grow my current skill set while also continuously adding new skills. The open office really fosters a collaborative environment and the sense of teamwork is always apparent. Communication is the cornerstone to a happy work place and the management team really has it mastered. I always feel fully informed about upcoming releases, events, and the company mission as a whole.

Cons

They keep buying Reese's Peanut Butter cups and now I've gained 5 pounds. Of course, I guess I could use the on-site gym.... but that would cut into my foosball time.

Amazing place to work!

I have been working at WebDAM full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I am able to be a real contributor and make an impact. No road blocks, our voices are heard. The team is excited about WebDAM's software and genuinely happy to be here every day. Tons of learning opportunities from some really smart people. The team cares about making a top-notch product and having fun while doing it!

Cons

Honestly, I have no complaints!