WebMD Health Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Disappointed.

Pros

There are many smart passionate people working at WHS.

Cons

Too many competing priorities. High turnover. Lack of vision.

Spirit Crushing Place to Work

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at WebMD Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free water, nice carpeting, microwave ovens, free pens and friendly receptionist!

Cons

There is a small cadre of senior management that is so incestuous and tightly bound together trying to kiss the CEO and his minions that it would be comical except that it will impact your career and your ability for any job satisfaction. The human(e) resources department management is a direct pipleline back to your manager and seriously in need of a housecleaning. The WebMD employee motto is keep your head down, your mouth shut and say yes mam, no sir, and just do what you're told. You're not paid to think, just do what your told. Spirit crushing place to slave away.....

Advice to Management

Stop worrying about the day to day WebMD stock price and start real training and development of the staff. You'll get your payout when you cash in your stock when WebMD gets taken over by a real company, but please think about the employees until then.

3. Intense Environment

Former Employee - Director in New York, NY

I worked at WebMD Health (More than a year)

Pros

Smartest people in the industry; great teams.

Cons

Tough environment; too much process and high burn out rate. No work/life balance.

Web Sweat shop | Hands down the worst | they are killing their workers with stress

Former Employee - Web Content Producer in San Clemente, CA
    Former Employee - Web Content Producer in San Clemente, CA

Pros

Good Brand. That is all. If you are natural born sociopath, more power to you. This environment is for back stabbers and outdated workers who are trying to pay for their big life.

Cons

They treat contractors like slaves. Verbal Abuse and sexism is rampant. This company really needs a big class action lawsuit.

Advice to Management

Really should fire incompetent Senior Blahblahblah people. Because they are outdated fossil fuels. Their only concern is $ in their own pocket. These incompetent Senior Blahblahblah people only set up their employees or anyone (who can do more work then them or better work) for an epic fail.

6. Good staff looking for direction

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at WebMD Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

People are smart and good intentioned. Collaborative environment

Cons

High turnover in Executive staff Lack of overall product direction/strategic direction

Worst Job Experience Ever

Former Employee - Senior Producer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Producer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at WebMD Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working for a one of a kind company that has no true competitor. Having the name WebMD on your resume is an eye catcher. Great pay as well.

Cons

None of management has a clue. They will say all the right things in your interview process and then the truth is revealed once you are working there

Advice to Management

All the swag they give out is nice, but use it to truly invest in the people for training opportunities and be honest about what positions are. If a role is to be a strategist, don't sell that and when they come in say you are in sales support. If you are in sales support, don't turn around and say that you are responsible for looking at metrics all day. Make up your minds

8. Great company

Former Employee - Director in New York, NY

I worked at WebMD Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fun atmosphere, very competitive, lots of support

Cons

Lots of internal competition also

Advice to Management

Fair environment

9. Overall company

I worked at WebMD Health full-time

Pros

Great place to help people

Cons

Need to like working non-traditional shifts at first

Soul-crushing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at WebMD Health full-time

Pros

Work from home days for some employees; health insurance and 401K are OK; free bottles of water, 2 half day summer fridays

Cons

no career growth; too many senior-level managers who need to justify their positions by micromanaging; content management system is a dinosaur and excruciatingly clunky to work in; middle and senior management warm conference room seats all day while the very understaffed and burnout cogs in the machine below them do the grunt work, yet are rarely thanked; family leave policy is non-existent; HR are the worst I've very experienced; resistance to hire internally or to mentor lower level employees, always bring in someone new; status quo all the way, and they like that; this place is not for ambitious people; if you are ambitious and make it a point to set and reach self-development goals in the hope that you will be promoted to more meaningful work at WebMD--don't do it as you will be wasting your time

Advice to Management

Quit. There are too many of you walking around whistling. I think of myself as a bright, professional, hard worker, who is very willing to grow in my work and express new ideas to improve the team/product I'm working on. But WebMD has really killed this part of me. I'm afraid I'm not the only person who reports this. Many of my colleagues feel the same way. This company has crushed my professional abilities, and I'm currently trying to put myself back together so that I can move on for the better. WebMD has done a number on my health.

Company Has Changed, Not For the Better

Former Employee - Senior-level Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior-level Manager in New York, NY

I worked at WebMD Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Many smart, dedicated, hard-working professionals who really care. - Nice facilities in good locations. - Subsidized parking & public transportation. Lots of free food in NYC office. - Some flexibility with schedules, depending on manager. - Recognized, trusted brand.

Cons

- Trying to get by with too few staff, being paid too little. Few opportunities for growth. Very low morale. This was not always the case. - Very little work/life balance, especially for a company that talks a good game about 'wellness.' - Maternity leave policy was surprisingly limited and was only updated when employees staged a petition campaign. - Dramatic changes in annual review process, very obviously to weed out 'undesirables' or provide rationale for layoffs. Long-time high performers dropped to low performers. - Newer employees have bonuses capped at less than half the levels of tenured colleagues in the same roles. - Company used to place a very high priority on the end user, ensuring content was credible, unbiased and up to date, as well as protecting user privacy. This is being eroded quickly due to market pressures.

Advice to Management

- You are losing sight of what brought readers to you in the first place. If you lose their trust, advertisers will go elsewhere.

RSS Feed </> Embed