WebMetro (California)

2.5

WebMetro (California) President Carlos Ugalde
Carlos Ugalde

Good Place to Learn the Trade

I have been working at WebMetro (California) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Despite some of these negative reviews, I have had a positive experience working here. I had very little experience coming into this job so I am blessed to have the opportunity to learn from experts in this field and this opportunity has opened many doors for me with companies approaching me all the time to try to recruit me. WebMetro is one of the oldest digital agencies in the Los Angeles area so when companies do approach me they already know that this company is established and has solid talent.

Cons

Recent Acquisition has made some operations a little bit more difficult. High turnover rate translates to more work for loyal employees. If someone leaves, rather than hire someone new, management will try to stack more work on employees who are there, which leads to high burnout rate.

Invest more into your employees and listen to their needs

You get what you give.....

I have been working at WebMetro (California) full-time

Pros

judging by the rest of the reviews, i'm probably one of the few people who actually enjoys working here. i've never had an issue with management, i'm treated fairly, and compensated for the work i do. i don't know what people expect, but this is a job...it's not supposed to be a fun place where you sit around, hang out all day and get paid excessively well for putting in minimum effort.

Pros include: FREE health insurance, great co-workers, flexible schedule, good location, no issues taking vacations or sick days. HR Department plans fun activities for us....I just wish they happened more often.

Cons

*PPC department - there's a reason all your employees are constantly complaining........
    *Pay is low compared to other jobs in the market.
    *High turnover rate; hard to make friends when everyone leaves after a few months.
    *They fire a lot of people, yet are constantly hiring. Why not keep the ones you have instead of making everyone freak out about their job stability?

Treat the people who work hard for you well, and they'll stay longer. This includes fair pay and better benefits (i.e, more vacation, more paid days off, letting us leave a couple hours early on Fridays, free lunches, break room stocked with free snacks and drinks, etc.)

I'd like to note: the PPC department has some issues that definitely need to be sorted out. Pretty sure everyone giving low reviews on here is from PPC.

Only accept as your last choice

I worked at WebMetro (California) full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Good Benefits, medical benefits are provided free without an employee premium.
    -Smart people with various backgrounds.

Cons

-Pay is only competitive for senior positions. Senior is paid market or above, everyone else is paid significantly below market.
    -The former owner, whom is still the CEO acts like he's a billionaire. Completely disconnected from reality, treats everyone as commodities and not people. You would think the company consisted of thousands of employees; and not 100 as it truly is.
    -Complete lack of or poor severance pay. If they let you go they will leave you high and dry, from my experience and others.
    -Does not run like other agencies, if you get an offer from another agency take it and run far, far away.
    -Complete lack of any creative environment or personal freedom.

They say the definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Respect people, no matter their level and spend money to keep them happy. Very simple. Putting makeup on a pig can only last so long until the word is out, and the reputation sticks.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Formerly hungry, presently fed up

I worked at WebMetro (California) full-time

Pros

Co-Workers were great to work with. Basic medical benefits were provided. Daily perks included free coffee and water.

Cons

If you want to be successful, grow, learn, inspire, and immerse yourself in digital marketing, I would really read the other reviews, check the ratings, and heavily consider if you want to work at WebMetro.

Take care of your employees and they'll take care of you.

May be a good start for entry level-not good for mid-career opportunities

I have been working at WebMetro (California)

Pros

90% are Great People struggling to do good work

Cons

Broken promises. Everyone moving separate directions instead of toward a common goal.

Change operations business model--there is a reason other agencies are more successful

Impersonal management, rampant nepotism, favoritism and low pay

I have been working at WebMetro (California) full-time

Pros

-Flexible schedules for those with families
    -No issues taking PTO
    -Easy drive from most directions due to location

Cons

-Severely understaffed
    -Below market value pay
    -Benefits aren't great
    -Impersonal management
    -Rampant favoritism
    -Rampant nepotism
    -High turnover
    -Overloading remaining employees due to extra work from turnover
    -Top heavy titles for employees that don't have the experience to justify titles

Treat your employees better by investing more money into making them satisfied.

Let the wrong ones go

I have been working at WebMetro (California) full-time

Pros

Great place to get your feet wet in the industry. You will learn a lot working with intelligent and hard working people.

Cons

A few bad managers taint the bunch. Micro management keeps the company from reaching its potential. Pay attention to red flags early on and determine whether it's worth it to work in that environment in the long run.

The company could improve by letting the wrong management go.

Great people but horrible senior management/ownership

I worked at WebMetro (California) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company is very well organized and advanced in the technology category, top notch assigned equipment to a large amount of in house tools, intelligent programmers. Overall the company is filled with a great set of people to work with, which are all very intelligent and hard working. Depending on position pay is far below market, but the benefits are very good in terms of insurance coverage, health benefits, etc.

Cons

Definitely the most boring marketing company you will ever work for. They love to bring in young talent to keep pay low but provide nothing that would make a person want to stay. Boring white walls, no snack machines, drinks or snacks. Just coffee and water which I guess would be exciting if you were 60 years old.. Would make most feel like they are working in a government office. No money for those sort of things although they always seem to have money to get the carpets cleaned. The 5-star review on here is most certainly a shill review by their marketing director or HR. At least write something with a bit of objectivity to make it half believable.

If you're going to run a company geared towards a young workforce dealing in a young industry, run it as such.

Family-Owned Company

I worked at WebMetro (California) full-time

Pros

Great people to work with, great starting place for entry-level employees. The offices are really nice, and if you needed equipment all you had to do was ask for it.

Cons

Management is made up of a single family even though everyone has a different last name. They have a way that things are done, and that is the only acceptable way to do things. Unfortunately, in the interview, they talk about innovation and bringing new life into the way they do things. It's a Trap! If you are good at following directions, this is the job for you.

If you hire someone to do a job, let them do the job you hired them to. Or, be more honest in your hiring requirements.

Savvy marketers but incentives are lacking and compensation is not competitive.

Former Employee - SEO Analyst  in  San Dimas, CA
    Former Employee - SEO Analyst in San Dimas, CA

I worked at WebMetro (California) full-time for more than a year

Pros

A lot of in-house talent and savvy marketers. There is not a lot of micromanagement as long as you hit your deadlines.

Cons

Family is firmly in control of the company and are "untouchable". Management tends to hire outside for top level positions so upward mobility is limited. Compensation is far from competitive. The company is top heavy.

Take care of your people and they will want to work hard for you!

Worked for WebMetro (California)? Contribute to the Community!