Webasto Roof Systems Reviews

2.4
Erik Roeren

1. Labor

I worked at Webasto Roof Systems

Pros

Great place to work quiet, clean, an great work hours.

Cons

It was to far out.

2. Line worker

Current Employee - Line Worker in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - Line Worker in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Webasto Roof Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Friendly work atmosphere. It would be a great place to work based on the people. I like that there are several different races of people all working together.

Cons

Work over 50 hrs. Lack of communication from management. Do not treat employees with respect.

Advice to Management

Treat employees like people not machines. Learn to communicate in a timely manner.

3. Senior Management Lacks Strategic Direction

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester Hills, MI

I worked at Webasto Roof Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Salary and benefits favorable. Great product even though it is an option on most vehicles. Great co-workers. HR very knowledgeable and desires to improve the company. Overall a pretty good company to work for.

Cons

Whenever senior management changes, so do the strategic direction. The company hires knowledgeable associates but does not let them use their knowledge and experience in ways that would help the company. Webasto does not have good processes in place. Very unprofessional orientation and recruiters.

Advice to Management

Clean house. Get rid of the lifers that are sucking the life and the $$ out of Webasto. Hire more people that are willing to work to make the company successful. More training. Take a look at the people that you trust to introduce new hires to the company. They act and dress very inappropriately.

5. worst of the worst

Current Employee - Sunroof Manufacturing in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - Sunroof Manufacturing in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Webasto Roof Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only pros are the good people who work on my production line.

Cons

Constantly working 60 to 70 hours.No time to do anything you need to do.And then when you absolutely have to be off,they tell you tough luck and punish you.And this even includes doctor appointments.No doctors exceuses accepted period,for any reason.I had to get fmla just to go to a once per month one hour doctor appointment after slaving for them 60 to 80 hours per week.Nowhere to park,nowhere to eat lunch due to overcrowding.Very uncompetitive wages.Aldi employees make more to start.I have seen people pass out online and they give them water and push them around in a wheel chair and put them back to work.This was after a 30 day stretch of working 12 hour shifts and no day off.The parts suppliers supply low quality parts that break sometimes by just picking them up.And then they blame the employees for poor quality.They also break company policy for some employees,while punishing others for the same things.Totally unprofessional.Also if you do go to a doctor appointment or anywhere and come back to work after ten am,they count you as being absent for the entire day.even though you work 8 more hours til 6:30 pm.they have no shame

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect and kindness and they will perform for you.your business in the Lexington Kentucky location is suffering miserably and will close soon unless you start making a profit.the only way you can turn it around is to change your attitude and treat your employees like human beings and not pack mules

6. Good Money Annoying people

Current Employee - General Laborer in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - General Laborer in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Webasto Roof Systems

Pros

Made good money got lots of hours can be hired on easily

Cons

Annoying people =P lots of hours can be a con or a pro sometimes you work 7 days a week was fired without a writeen warning or anything

7. A typical Tier I automotive company that tries to squeeze blood from a rock.

Former Employee - Program Manager in Rochester, MI
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Rochester, MI

I worked at Webasto Roof Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Provided multiple opportunities for advancement within the company.

Cons

Unreasonable workload expectations and ineffective middle management made it extremely difficult accomplish goals.

8. Hours were long but learned a lot in short period of time and enjoyed the teamwork.

Former Employee - Quality Manager in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Former Employee - Quality Manager in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at Webasto Roof Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed the colleagues I worked with and they were very patient with you. They give you opportunity to grow in the company. The pay was okay if you didn't mind the long hours.

Cons

Couldn't have much of a life outside the job because of shifts.

Advice to Management

Inform temporary employees of their progress and extend more training to encourage them to become permanent employee. Give more training to Team leader.

9. Great 10 years ago, and time to leave now.

Current Employee - Engneering in Rochester Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Engneering in Rochester Hills, MI

I have been working at Webasto Roof Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They pay you and have average benefits, There really are no pros at the moment.

Cons

Management is clueless, doesn't listen to Americans, doesn't understand you can't do it like Germany. Making 10's of thousands of parts is not the same as making hundreds of thousands per year. We don't tell you things to be blown off as American idiots.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the German arrogance and listen to the people who are here. Before the new managment regime ---- you guys. The company ran well and had satisfied customers.

This used to be a great place to work until the German invasion...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester Hills, MI

I have been working at Webasto Roof Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people. Over the many years I've worked here, most of the people here are wonderful. Many of them are my close friends and it will be very hard to leave when I do.

Cons

Over the last year & a half a new CEO from Webasto Headquarters in Germany has come in an completely flipped this company upside down. He has gotten rid of every American Vice President and hired mostly his German & British buddies to run the show, creating a "holier than thou" atmosphere like non of us have ever seen. It took months for certain VP's to even make an appearance into the production plant because it's quite obvious they think they are way too good for us lowly worker bees. We all used to be very happy working here. Many of us have recommended friends and family to work here. That has all changed in the last year or so and now everyone here wants out. We've gotten maybe 3 raises in 10 years, our 401K match has been cut, and the big dogs are spending money like crazy on perks for themselves and for those in the "elite" group. Think twice about working here. I promise you will regret it if you do.

Advice to Management

We're not stupid. We know what's going on around here & we see it every single day. You're high and mighty attitude sickens every single one of us and NONE OF YOU have ANY respect from any of us. We fake it because we have bills to pay, but we'd all like to tell the CEO and VP's where to go. You have turned this great company into a stressful, hateful place and you should all be ashamed of yourselves. You're not gods, you're human beings just like the rest of us and it's time you act like it. You all act like you're better than everyone else and let me tell you - your titles shouldn't dictate your character, but each of you have allowed them to. The almighty dollar sign has ruined your souls and you've made nothing but enemies since you've all arrived. Do us ALL a favor and go back to your home lands & give us our good company back.

11. Greatly depends on the group you are in.

Former Employee - Engineer in Rochester Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Engineer in Rochester Hills, MI

I worked at Webasto Roof Systems

Pros

-Leader in roof systems worldwide. -Large customer base (all major OEMs). -Lots of engineering investment in Germany

Cons

-America engineering not as respected. -Groups that do well are typically punished in layoffs (they aren't having problems to they clearly have too many resources) -Factory is #1, followed by sales, then Mech. Engineering, then electrical Engineering.

Advice to Management

Look at the groups with integrity and that are successful and learn from them rather than punish them.

RSS Feed </> Embed