Webcor Builders Reviews

Updated September 8, 2014
3.4

Jes Pedersen

Great Company Culture

I worked at Webcor Builders as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Strong feeling of community with very professional people. Webcor pays very well and has great benefits to offer. During my time with Webcor, I felt like my contributions were listened to and appreciated.

Cons

Honestly, the only con I can think of is that this industry is very much so dictated by the economy. When the economy is down, people will stop building and therefore, construction companies may have to lay some people off. However, this is true of the industry as a whole, not just Webcor.

Project Assistant

Former Employee - Project Assistant  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Project Assistant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Webcor Builders full-time

Pros

Overall good work life balance, good benefits and training programs. Offer perks like tuition reimbursement, commuter benefits, bike to work program. Green company with green values that focus on health and the environment. Almost completely paperless and work with a great project management program.

Cons

Must be play company politics and well liked to move through the company. Compensation is a little low for the industry but the benefits and perks somewhat balance out. They work on mainly Federal/public projects which can become mundane and routine with paperwork and loopholes.

Offer better/competitive compensation packages. Even though there are perks to working here bonuses and compensation should be higher.

good company

Former Employee - Assistant Project Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Project Manager

I worked at Webcor Builders full-time

Pros

the company encourages learning and training. there are always training sessions available to sign up on.

Cons

too top heavy. too many vp, senior management on a project.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This is a place to work if you don’t know more than the person you work for.

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at Webcor Builders full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a company that is backed by a corporation in Japan. That allows them to go after large project because they have the financial backing.

Cons

Most of the staff is young and has a degree in CM yet still learning on the job. They need to stick with high-rise projects where their ego is.

Understand the difference between Senior people you bring on to the job and young people trying to make a name for them self. Look close at the nepotism within you company. Some feel they can do no wrong and convey that to coworkers.

New management should take the time to fully review the workforce

I worked at Webcor Builders full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good people. Good benefits. Lots of lip service for those who are gullible.

Cons

Not so good management. Unreasonable expectations. Most managers out for themselves not company.

Pay attention the employees have more skills than you give them credit for. You just cannot keep promoting your friends and family.

High profile projects

I have been working at Webcor Builders

Pros

High profile projects, many resources, many very talented people. Webcor produces good products at a value to their clients.

Cons

Very large corporation with little ability to move.

Fulfilling professionally with great culture

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Webcor Builders full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Family environment; trusting; allowance for individuals to learn more and receive more responsibilities

Cons

Too much of a family environment; Perhaps the close bond hampers key decisions that may need to be made on personnel

Define our core values and live by them. make decisions by them.

Slave driver

Former Employee - Assistant Project Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Webcor Builders

Pros

When you first start out, they really do pay you well.

Cons

However, once you start working, it's an unspoken rule that you work 50-60+ hours per week... and that's when the project is going on schedule. When the project is behind, you dont have a life outside the project. You start working 60 hours minimum, weekends, and overnight, if necessary.

Learn to balance home and work life! Your site management and field employees have life outside of the project.

Large Commercial Projects gave me excellent construction experiences.

Current Employee - Assistant Superintendent  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Superintendent in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Webcor Builders

Pros

The Company tries to value its employees to their best capabilities by providing them ways to improve their health, careers and life styles.

Cons

The career path management seem to be biased and non-functioning. Too many young and unqualified Managers and Upper Management seem dis-connected.

The company seem to be too top heavy in managment positions through out the company. Currently there are more VPs and Directors than Project Engineers on some of their Projects.

#1 Ranking Contractor in CA. Built high-profile projects. Very Competitive Salaries.

Former Employee - PM  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - PM in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Webcor Builders

Pros

Great place to work and very talented people to work with. Opportunities to build some high profile projects in california. Great benefits and very competitive salaries compared to other bay area construction firms. Down to earth executives including CEO and COO of the firm.

Cons

Working on large scale projects does not allow room for growth and opportunity to take on various responsibilities. Sometimes you are Pigeon holed into certain tasks for the duration of the project.

I would suggest re-evaluating the promotions within the firm. Certain employees were promoted faster than others but not deserving of the promotion. I noticed some very talented APM's that were not promoted to PM's even though they were tasked with PM responsibilities.

Worked for Webcor Builders? Contribute to the Community!