Webcor Builders

Webcor Builders Reviews

Updated May 2, 2014

Jes Pedersen

good company

Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee)

Prosthe company encourages learning and training. there are always training sessions available to sign up on.

Constoo top heavy. too many vp, senior management on a project.

Project Assistant

Project Assistant (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsOverall good work life balance, good benefits and training programs. Offer perks like tuition reimbursement, commuter benefits, bike to work program. Green company with green values that focus on health and the environment. Almost completely paperless and work with a great project management program.

ConsMust be play company politics and well liked to move through the company. Compensation is a little low for the industry but the benefits and perks somewhat balance out. They work on mainly Federal/public projects which can become mundane and routine with paperwork and loopholes.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer better/competitive compensation packages. Even though there are perks to working here bonuses and compensation should be higher.

This is a place to work if you don’t know more than the person you work for.

Project Manager (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsThis is a company that is backed by a corporation in Japan. That allows them to go after large project because they have the financial backing.

ConsMost of the staff is young and has a degree in CM yet still learning on the job. They need to stick with high-rise projects where their ego is.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand the difference between Senior people you bring on to the job and young people trying to make a name for them self. Look close at the nepotism within you company. Some feel they can do no wrong and convey that to coworkers.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

High profile projects

ProsHigh profile projects, many resources, many very talented people. Webcor produces good products at a value to their clients.

ConsVery large corporation with little ability to move.

New management should take the time to fully review the workforce

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood people. Good benefits. Lots of lip service for those who are gullible.

ConsNot so good management. Unreasonable expectations. Most managers out for themselves not company.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention the employees have more skills than you give them credit for. You just cannot keep promoting your friends and family.

Fulfilling professionally with great culture

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsFamily environment; trusting; allowance for individuals to learn more and receive more responsibilities

ConsToo much of a family environment; Perhaps the close bond hampers key decisions that may need to be made on personnel

Advice to Senior ManagementDefine our core values and live by them. make decisions by them.

Slave driver

Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsWhen you first start out, they really do pay you well.

ConsHowever, once you start working, it's an unspoken rule that you work 50-60+ hours per week... and that's when the project is going on schedule. When the project is behind, you dont have a life outside the project. You start working 60 hours minimum, weekends, and overnight, if necessary.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to balance home and work life! Your site management and field employees have life outside of the project.

Large Commercial Projects gave me excellent construction experiences.

Assistant Superintendent (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThe Company tries to value its employees to their best capabilities by providing them ways to improve their health, careers and life styles.

ConsThe career path management seem to be biased and non-functioning. Too many young and unqualified Managers and Upper Management seem dis-connected.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company seem to be too top heavy in managment positions through out the company. Currently there are more VPs and Directors than Project Engineers on some of their Projects.

#1 Ranking Contractor in CA. Built high-profile projects. Very Competitive Salaries.

PM (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat place to work and very talented people to work with. Opportunities to build some high profile projects in california. Great benefits and very competitive salaries compared to other bay area construction firms. Down to earth executives including CEO and COO of the firm.

ConsWorking on large scale projects does not allow room for growth and opportunity to take on various responsibilities. Sometimes you are Pigeon holed into certain tasks for the duration of the project.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would suggest re-evaluating the promotions within the firm. Certain employees were promoted faster than others but not deserving of the promotion. I noticed some very talented APM's that were not promoted to PM's even though they were tasked with PM responsibilities.

Webcor a company that needed to Diversify

Superintendent (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsWebcor overall treated its employees fairly well. The compensation was reasonable and bonus were given out year prior to the bad economic times. The job presented itself with good challanges making coming to work fun most of the time.

ConsA lot of people didnt carry their weight and rested on past accomplishments. Some were treated more favorable due to relationships with upper management and some areas of the project were not given enough resources to accomplish their job. There was talk of things to do for fun that many times didnt materialize due to the work load.

Advice to Senior ManagementWebcor needs to diversify now that economic times are tough. I believe they will struggle but can do it if they are willing to do jobs for less of a fee, which of course is difficult because it becomes a gamble since they will be entering new territory. Most of management seems to be fairly wise so I think they will come back as a dominant contractor in CA.

Worked for Webcor Builders? Contribute to the Community!