Weber Aircraft

www.weberair.com

Weber Aircraft Reviews

Weber Aircraft President Adri Ruiter
Adri Ruiter

No a company to grow your career

Former Employee - Design Engineer in Gainesville, TX

I worked at Weber Aircraft full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Get some exposure to aerospace industry. Stable job

Cons

Engineering is formality. Need a change in culture. Too many relatives in the companies. Program Management positions (several) are with people who have no engineering background. The career path is if you are a Project Administrator and have a BA in horticulture , you can still be an engineering program manager. Just saying.

Value people with knowledge and willingness to learn. Ensure you engineer your product and invest money in research and development for new products. Make sure you have experienced and knowledgable people in leadership positions. Try and reduce nepotism !

Headed the right direction, but a long way to go

I have been working at Weber Aircraft

Pros

Generally nice group of people to work with. Big company with lots of growth

Cons

Pay was way too low when hired on, it is improving though.
    Some positions are mass chaos

Truly focus on developing your people. Provide better compensation and more programs/opportunities/benefits.

Great for short term experience

I worked at Weber Aircraft

Pros

You get hands on experience working on lot of projects and build your skills.
    Chance to get familiar with aircraft industry.

Cons

Management is bad. You will be dumped with numerous tasks and most of it needs attention the same time. It will stress you out if your testing fails and you have to redo it. Get some experience and move out.

Solid people, great experience.

I have been working at Weber Aircraft

Pros

People are friendly and easy to talk to.

Cons

The vibe can be gossipy at times but overall its no more than anywhere else

Disappointment

Former Employee - Design Engineer in Gainesville, TX

I worked at Weber Aircraft full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

viewing manufacturing and assembly on-site

Cons

Low Pay, minimal challenge, poor training

Challenge your talent with problem solving opportunities (not red tape and politics)

Best Retirement Facilityin America

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Gainesville, TX
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Gainesville, TX

I have been working at Weber Aircraft full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great place for dead wood to go and do nothing but run off skilled labor. Will hire the most useless emloyees and promote them to management. Have great oppertunities for training just dont offer suggestions for improvement will result in TERMINATION on the spot with no HR intervention. Useless and inept can thrive with good ole boy mentality. You can do nothing but stab coworkers in the back full time and be a sucess. (possible fast track to management)

Cons

They termeinate the skilled. They get rid of anybody that tries to improve or fix broken processes. Management has the fire first and ask questions later mentality. They lie about salaries and benefits to lure you into the one horse town and once you get there unvail the real reality, get in writing any promises made about salary and or benifits for the court case latter. They will terminate groups at a time to cover up their inabilities to manage.

...saved my life.

Current Employee - Technician in Renton, WA
    Current Employee - Technician in Renton, WA

I have been working at Weber Aircraft full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I'm somewhat new to this company and what I can say so far is that I'm having a very positive, comfortable, learning experience with this industry. I'm meeting good people and everyone smiles at me everyday. I'm treated with respect and not one higher up manager has been rude or disrespectful to me. We go out to lunch together nearly everyday and sometimes do dinner outside of work. This I know builds strong morale and instills trust in one another. I feel like more of family now than just some dude they work with. My people skills are quite keen, I can spot a phony anywhere. Although I'm in my 20's still and changing careers is a little difficult (going from trains to airplanes), I'm patiently supported and taught that asking for help is not a bad thing. Besides, when these guys get all old... it's my turn to be the boss. Ha!

The job I had before this of two years was a low pay (for what I had to do), dead-end, "cold, wet, dirty" environment to be in. Weber Aircraft has saved my life as well as my sanity. I can raise the confidence in myself to provide better for my family by believing that Weber will carry me on. I'm so very thankful for them to have even considered me for this technician position. The benefits are wonderful and I'm satisfied with my compensation. I think that Weber is going to take me places that will present me opportunities that will be hard to turn down and easy to take on. I trust this company.

The world is a very vicious place to live in when you are not in the right place...I understand... believe me. But in truth, realizing how good things really are and could be in this country will only allow you to see more of the better around you. It's all for the taking. This, coming from someone who has seen - face to face - the other side of the coin in our county's fight against its enemies that have tried to take that very right away from us, don't complain about your job, the managers, other employee's and the pay. Your environment reflects on how you shape it by your attitude.

Cons

After my "Pro's" Essay what more could I possibly say? It's hard for someone like me to really rip into something without a substantial reason/concern of threatening its well-being.

Getting Better Through Focused Improvements

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Gainesville, TX
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Gainesville, TX

I have been working at Weber Aircraft full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It's evident that the company is going through a cultural change by the push to remove tired policies and priciples that worked in the 80"s but not today. A real employee recognition program, thank you! real accountibility throughout, wliminating the good Ole boy approach and using metrics to focus on driving improvments

Cons

Still some holdouts operating in a silo'd mentality. Needs to invest in systems, instead of struggling with tired old legacy systems. Some organizations have not changed at all..

I have worked at this company for over 12 years and this is the best we have ever performed and i actually feel valued now. Keep up the changes, they cannot come quick enough.

Challenged in multiple areas

Current Employee - Design Engineer in Gainesville, TX

I have been working at Weber Aircraft full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Challenged in multiple areas and able to grow

Cons

Sometimes it can be get it done now ask questions of why it was this way later

Quality comes with patience

Maybe a decent career starter

I have been working at Weber Aircraft

Pros

Plenty of work for a contractor. Decent pay for a contractor. The electrical group can work a lot of overtime.

Cons

You are never sure when the last day is, they hire a lot of contractors, try them out and then lay off the ones they don't like. They routinely try to puch contractors full time.
    Production quality is very poor. CAD modeling standards are poor or don't exisit.
    Their idea of a quality check is print a copy of the part drawing and overlay the manufactured part to see how closely it matches the drawing under it.

Quality had got to be improved, engineering standards need the be actual standards. Every group needs to work to the same standard, not their own.

Weber Aircraft Photos