Weber Shandwick Reviews

Reset
5.0
Weber Shandwick CEO Andy Polansky
Andy Polansky

Pros
  • Quite flexible in work life balance (in 8 reviews)

• Agency has great clients, with great activations (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be a challenge (in 19 reviews)

• Long hours and it is sometimes hard to maintain a work-life balance (in 23 reviews)

1. innovative and meaningful work at weber shandwick washington

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Washington, DC

I have been working at Weber Shandwick full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I get to work on really exciting global accounts while working with a very creative, smart and fun group of people. I think we're among the best agencies when it comes to marrying traditional and digital communications. It's a pretty exciting time in communications and I love working for a firm like weber that is constantly innovating. Everyone I work with is really proud of working here and even though there's not a lot of formal training, I feel like I'm learning a lot.

Cons

The office is starting to get pretty crowded due to our rapid growth the past couple years. There's not enough sharing between floors and between account teams, so we don't always know what's going on beyond our own part of the office.

Advice to Management

It would be great to have a more formal training program with courses offered repeatedly throughout the year.

2. Great place to start a career

Current Employee - Account Executive in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Washington, DC

I have been working at Weber Shandwick (More than a year)

Pros

Interdisciplinary company that values creative thinking from all levels; the client portfolio is second to none; and senior management is quite smart and forward thinking.

Cons

I guess this is a pro and a con, but you typically get to do something different every day. Sometimes this means just you aren't busy at all, and other times you have way too much. Comes with the agency territory I suppose. Roles tend to be siloed too, meaning if you are an AE, you really have to wait for SAE to take on those increased responsibilities -- as opposed to being an associate at a smaller firm, where there may be a greater fluctuation in responsibilities in a single role.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Maybe encourage more cross practice communication, and invest more in retaining young talent.

Great name, great clients, not so great pay

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Washington, DC

I have been working at Weber Shandwick

Pros

Great name, great reputation - the company is very well respected within the PR world and you have the opportunity to work with a lot of really high profile clients

Cons

I don't know if it's an industry trend or just my office but the compensation is pretty horrendous. Very top heavy in the DC office with lots of big egos who delegate to junior staff. In some ways the junior staff benefit from being given so much responsibility, but the low pay / lack of recognition takes it's toll. Pretty high turnover

Advice to Management

I think it would be beneficial for WS to examine the employee structure and find ways to beef up the middle of the "chain of command" so that VP-level employees and above can focus on running the accounts instead of managing 25 year old employees. Hire more Group Manager and Director-level employees with the understanding that they are going to be "in the middle"

5. Nice place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Weber Shandwick

Pros

The company has a lot of high profile clients Also has a great reputation within the industry Culture is one of strong collaboration Flat organization in that title doesn't matter in providing best services to the client

Cons

compensation lower than peers bureaucracy often gets in the way of timeliness, good client work limited flexibility to choose work

Advice to Management

compensation needs to reflect industry norms more flexibility/autonomy needed in client services

6. Weber Shandwick - A good place for a career.

Former Employee - Senior Vice President in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Vice President in Washington, DC

I worked at Weber Shandwick

Pros

Flexibility. Great people. Creative. This is a company for the long haul. Make it a career here. Other reasons include the benefits package, team atmosphere, availability to move up the ladder quickly and a great learning environment. It is a large organization, but each office is run differently, so look for the place that's a good culture fit.

Cons

There aren't many actually. It's a family atmosphere there. Very fast paced, too. So for those who aren't into that, not such a match. Also, make sure you fit in culturally with a firm. That's hard for some, easy for others. You don't want to regret your decision, especially when you need to service clients.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, but make sure that people stay busy!

RSS Feed </> Embed