Weber-Stephen Products

Updated Mar 11, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jim Stephen

Learned way more than I expected

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFantastic company with lots of growth potential and a lot of really experienced personnel willing to work with you and help you grow.

ConsSome people seemed a bit hesitant to try new things in order to grow the business, a bit "old-fashioned' you could say.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire college grads/younger business professionals, the company could really benefit from new ideas and ways of doing business.

I am a Security Officer at Weber Stephens products International headquarters.

Security Officer (Current Employee)

ProsThe department does not ask a lot from its officers. To pass the time you can use their computers and there are no restrictions on the internet. Customer service is not very important to the department. Very rarely you have to deal with security problems. A normal day consists of a few patrols (Does not matter how often you go), a little paperwork, and securing buildings. As long as you show up on time, and wear your uniform you will be fine. In addition, there is a lot of overtime opportunities.

ConsDays can be very boring, if one desires to be constantly stimulated. There is always a bunch of drama between the coworkers, and there is no trust between anyone for the most part. Many officers will “throw their coworker under the bus,” so they can look good. The pay is good for what you have to do, however, nowhere enough to live a normal life. One starts at $11.00 per hour with a two percent increase every year, which every officer receives the same raise. No one gets additional pay for good work or doing the most work. The trick of this job is to not mess up, if you want to do well in the eyes of your superiors. It is very challenging to become promoted and it’s only a 3 dollars raise. The other locations are far in distant terms, as a result if you live near one location and one was to take a promotion. They would be making less money while commuting as coordinator if they would have just stay as an officer at the original location.

Nice place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Schaumburg, IL

Prosgreat product, great people, get to grill during lunch. overall other employees were very helpful. low stress job that gives back.

Consas with any other job there are some downsides. you have to work weekends and holidays. if you are flexible management will be flexible.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)

ProsThe atmosphere at the office is great, the product is excellent, and the culture of the company is extraordinary

ConsThe market in Mexico is not big, the salaries are low.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue with the good job

Fantastic place for opportunity and growth. It's a fun place to be.

Senior Executive - Brand Communications (Current Employee)
    Bangalore (India)

ProsFOOD. You get to taste the best of barbecue..and that too AT WORK. The events, the parties and promotions and the employees.

ConsIt's a bit laid-back, if you're expecting too much action at work.

Advice to Senior ManagementIts been just 8 months into this job now and instantly knew its a great place to be and grow. We're still in the process of setting up the actual Weber-Stephen environment in India. It would really help if you guys could interact more often with us directly and make us feel at home.

It is very nice getting associated with NCR Tutors(NCR Education Services Pvt. Ltd.). I learnt a lot under Mr Amit.

Head(Op & Mktg ) (Current Employee)

ProsTransparency, Friendly Ambience, Motivating, Nice PRP's.

ConsOnly Tuesday off, Long working hours.

Worked for Weber-Stephen Products? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Weber-Stephen Products reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Weber-Stephen Products CEO Jim Stephen. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Weber-Stephen Products employees.