Weber-Stephen Products

Jim Stephen

Intern

Current Employee - Intern in Palatine, IL
    Current Employee - Intern in Palatine, IL

I have been working at Weber-Stephen Products as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Consistently working, always something to do. A really laid back environment and friendly coworkers. During my 3 month internship, I only made copies like an 'Intern" once, which is pretty good if you ask me.

Cons

Didn't see much of management around the office or involved in my projects.

No-door policy. Make yourself more open and known to your employees.

Learned way more than I expected

I worked at Weber-Stephen Products

Pros

Fantastic company with lots of growth potential and a lot of really experienced personnel willing to work with you and help you grow.

Cons

Some people seemed a bit hesitant to try new things in order to grow the business, a bit "old-fashioned' you could say.

Hire college grads/younger business professionals, the company could really benefit from new ideas and ways of doing business.

I am a Security Officer at Weber Stephens products International headquarters.

Current Employee - Security Officer
    Current Employee - Security Officer

I have been working at Weber-Stephen Products full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The department does not ask a lot from its officers. To pass the time you can use their computers and there are no restrictions on the internet. Customer service is not very important to the department. Very rarely you have to deal with security problems. A normal day consists of a few patrols (Does not matter how often you go), a little paperwork, and securing buildings. As long as you show up on time, and wear your uniform you will be fine. In addition, there is a lot of overtime opportunities.

Cons

Days can be very boring, if one desires to be constantly stimulated. There is always a bunch of drama between the coworkers, and there is no trust between anyone for the most part. Many officers will “throw their coworker under the bus,” so they can look good. The pay is good for what you have to do, however, nowhere enough to live a normal life. One starts at $11.00 per hour with a two percent increase every year, which every officer receives the same raise. No one gets additional pay for good work or doing the most work. The trick of this job is to not mess up, if you want to do well in the eyes of your superiors. It is very challenging to become promoted and it’s only a 3 dollars raise. The other locations are far in distant terms, as a result if you live near one location and one was to take a promotion. They would be making less money while commuting as coordinator if they would have just stay as an officer at the original location.

Nice place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Weber-Stephen Products

Pros

great product, great people, get to grill during lunch. overall other employees were very helpful. low stress job that gives back.

Cons

as with any other job there are some downsides. you have to work weekends and holidays. if you are flexible management will be flexible.

Great company

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)

I have been working at Weber-Stephen Products full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The atmosphere at the office is great, the product is excellent, and the culture of the company is extraordinary

Cons

The market in Mexico is not big, the salaries are low.

Continue with the good job

Fantastic place for opportunity and growth. It's a fun place to be.

Current Employee - Senior Executive - Brand Communications in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Executive - Brand Communications in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Weber-Stephen Products full-time (less than an year)

Pros

FOOD. You get to taste the best of barbecue..and that too AT WORK. The events, the parties and promotions and the employees.

Cons

It's a bit laid-back, if you're expecting too much action at work.

Its been just 8 months into this job now and instantly knew its a great place to be and grow. We're still in the process of setting up the actual Weber-Stephen environment in India. It would really help if you guys could interact more often with us directly and make us feel at home.

It is very nice getting associated with NCR Tutors(NCR Education Services Pvt. Ltd.). I learnt a lot under Mr Amit.

Current Employee - Head(Op & Mktg )
    Current Employee - Head(Op & Mktg )

I have been working at Weber-Stephen Products full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Transparency, Friendly Ambience, Motivating, Nice PRP's.

Cons

Only Tuesday off, Long working hours.