Webfortis

Marc Wolenik

Great Company and Culture

Current Employee - Consultant  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Extremely smart individuals that are very passionate about what they do. They believe in promoting from within but are not afraid to go outside to bring in the best. The benefits are also very good and currently include access to the newest technology, extensive no-cost training options, remote positions and travel (if you want). They are extremely customer focused and core values are evident from top management on a daily basis.

Cons

Sometimes the work gets very busy and it can be challenging to manage my time. Management is very supportive of this however, and helps with scale and tools.

Keep up the good work!

In a word, focused company

Former Employee - Consultant  in  Walnut Creek, CA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Walnut Creek, CA

Pros

Because Webfortis only focuses on one technology (Microsoft CRM), there is a high-demand for knowledge with it. Since I personally had come with that as my background when I joined, I was immediately able to see the value that I provided and appreciated the focus (some of the people there knew significantly more than I did, which surprised me). They have multiple disciplines within the company, but primary disciplines are technical or consulting - they offered me time to study for exams and certifications, and encouraged additional product knowledge development (which in my case included SharePoint and some social components). Overall it was a very satisfying experience working there, and I would recommend to my colleagues (and I have).

Cons

There are some challenges with growth - I was working on a dedicated project for over 6 months, and when we completed/delivered, I was quickly given 5 new projects. This was not a problem, but 2 of the projects were reallocated to another consultant (who was recently hired and lived closer to the customer) before I could engage heavily.

I spent some time reading the reviews posted here, and can understand why they are there, however I think there is a lack of perspective - They have a program whereby they bring in interns with little and no experience, and after 3 months, matriculate and educate them in this complex technology - this actually probably costs the company quite a lot of money, and if/when they're hired, they start at a base level for a few more months (which makes sense because in my experience it takes about 6 months to a year to develop real value). During this time, it's frustrating to think that you have a 'real' job, but aren't getting paid a ton - however I've talked to a few of the folks, and after a year or two of putting their time in and getting experience, they make more money than comparable firms.

Not what was promised

Pros

The developers are wonderful individuals and try to help each other as much as possible.

Cons

They hire interns to be developers and then hire them full time for $12/hr. They promise many things to full time employees such as benefits the first month, bonuses each month of $500 at minimum, overtime if hourly. First off, the benefits you do not get until the 90 day mark and then it wont happen until the next month. Secondly, the bonuses are based on billable time; which you fill out in Outlook. These billable hours can be changed by the accountant at any time without the employee being told and these hours are where your bonus actually comes from so once they are changed you are no longer eligible for the bonus. Finally, they question all overtime, even after you get permission from directors whether in writing or verbel. These three items cause this company to be untrustworthy. Finally, the way they treat their smaller clients is absolutely horrible. They mistreat them, making promises of deliverables but then never provide these items and drop the client if the client complains.

Keep your promises or stop making them. Pay your developers the amount they are worth (65K-80K).

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Simple Philosophy: Work Hard, Do Your Job, Get Paid

Pros

I feel empowered to do what is necessary to accomplish the job. Not a lot of dead weight here.

Cons

Sometimes it's unclear where I will be going next/which project I will be on.

Be prepared for the next stage of growth.

Progressive growth with a family closeness to the team structure!

Pros

Challenge and reward are well balanced, and the team culture is very collaborative.

Cons

Internal systems need improvements, so daily tasks can sometimes take more effort to complete.

Well you can probably find better

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Walnut Creek, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Pros

They are located in a central area in the Eastbay area, they have coffee, tea, snacks.

Cons

No HR department, no accountability, staff runs rampant, not much integrity, and they don' t adhere to everything lawful and a bit racist, allowed to make offensive comments, but I believe these are all symptoms and not the cause. Just terrible leadership general.

Get a real Human Resource company stop using your unqualified program managers.

12/hr for a developer.

Current Employee - CRM Developer  in  Walnut Creek, CA
    Current Employee - CRM Developer in Walnut Creek, CA

Pros

Free food is provided for.

Cons

not a good place to work. 12/hr. not a joke :)

Good company to work

Pros

Good management.
    Senior folks are very friendly and helpful.
    very flexible.
    You will learn a lot.

Cons

Salary is very low according to degree you have.

Improve a bit on salary.

Innovative, Employee Friendly Company

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Walnut Creek, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Walnut Creek, CA

Pros

Webfortis has a comprehensive benefits package, flexible working hours, unlimited vacation and an easy to attain bonus structure. They are very supportive of advancing their employees careeers. It is refreshing to work for a company that is so connected with employee satisfaction.

Cons

None here! I would recommend skilled professionals looking for a change take a look at Webfortis.

Keep up the good work.

CRM developer

Current Employee - Developer  in  Walnut Creek, CA
    Current Employee - Developer in Walnut Creek, CA

Pros

Good, friendly environment. senior management is very supportive

Cons

Salary is very low. Very less compansation

Improve salary standard

Worked for Webfortis? Contribute to the Community!