Webfortis Reviews

Updated October 2, 2014
Updated October 2, 2014
3.9

Marc Wolenik

Nice small and progressive company

Current Employee - Consultant\Developer in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant\Developer in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Webfortis full-time (more than an year)

Pros

1. Competitive base salary and bonus structure
    2. Flexible work hours
    3. Nice management. They are always willing to listen to their employees and adapt themselves.
    4. Reimbursement for Microsoft Exams
    5. Provide tools and training to keep up to date with MS Dynamics CRM
    6. Unlimited vacation policy
    7. Nice, energetic and very cooperative team environment

Cons

I worked for them more a year and half and I don't see any shortfall.

Keep it up good work.......

Pleasant company.

I have been working at Webfortis

Pros

Work-life balance is easy to keep in check. You have a flexible schedule, in some cases, a telecommuting option, and there is also a great vacation plan. The company culture is very relaxed and friendly and there is hardly any trace of micromanagement. In the office lives a stress-free and light environment and people have a great sense of humor.

Cons

Most training is self-taught. There is considerably less stress if you already know how to code and work with the flagship product. But if you are starting out with either, learning it can be an obstacle especially when you have a deliverable to make. On the same note, there is minimal QA so best practices are rarely enforced.

You all work really hard. Take a break, but not all at once!

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - CRM Developer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - CRM Developer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Webfortis full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Supportive staff, mostly laid back culture (as clients permit), flexible work schedule/commutes depending on position/clients, challenging assignments, the work you put in will be reflected in compensation/bonus structure. Usually there is always something different to do if you are so inclined.

Cons

Constant evolving nature of the industry, gotta keep on your toes- embrace that "cloud" even if some days it's large grey, and ominous. Windows 8.1 was fun too.

I feel like I have open lines of communication with them and prefer to communicate directly.

Amazing job for a New College Graduate.

Current Employee - CRM Developer in Walnut Creek, CA
    Current Employee - CRM Developer in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at Webfortis full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The work is versatile, spanning across multiple platforms of web-development and database management. You will also be working with multiple companies in both Private and Public sector, and the sheer amount of variety to businesses you'll be exposed to is very rewarding.

Cons

Major challenges are that most skills you acquire will be self-taught, developers are moderately busy with their own work so the atmosphere gives off a feeling that you should have more responsibility for learning your own required skills (simply from my own perspective).

None at the moment, the upper management is overwhelmingly more tolerant than University professors.

Positive, forward moving, company

I have been working at Webfortis full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Webfortis has a very positive team dynamic that is rare to see. Each individual of the team is valued and encouraged to achieve their full potential. The team members all tend to work well together, helping other team members as needed. There is room for growth within the company, and work is noticed (which can be good or bad, depending on the quality of one's work). It focuses a lot on self-motivation, as I estimate 25%-50% of the employees work remotely from their homes. Flexibility with personal life is a very large bonus as well, with a generous vacation plan and flexibility to adjust hours if necessary.

Cons

The project workload goes in a feast or famine cycle. If it is a famine cycle, it can be harder to get the billable work that is needed. Then when it gets into the feast, the movement can become very fast paced and high stress. A lot of the training is self driven, and there isn't a lot of opportunity for code review for helping to learn better ways of doing things. Communication among the team is also an area of weakness.

Keep working on finding a way to balance the feast or famine cycle, so everyone is utilized equally. Steps are being taken for improved communication, and it would be good if that continues to improve

Software Development Intern

Former Employee - Development Intern in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Development Intern in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Webfortis as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Office environment is great, very casual. Friendly employee's. Small company. Free lunch once in awhile.

Cons

Very little guidance in the internship program. Especially when it comes to programming C# and JavaScript. Interns are not paid. Only 2 weeks out of the 10-12 are dedicated to programming. We never received individual evaluations like we were promised. You are asked to do office tasks, such as build cubicles, paint walls, etc.

Create a development program that involves more design, implementation, and development of code. Have it be a little more specific to a Computer Science major rather than any major.

Great Company and Culture

Current Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Webfortis full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Extremely smart individuals that are very passionate about what they do. They believe in promoting from within but are not afraid to go outside to bring in the best. The benefits are also very good and currently include access to the newest technology, extensive no-cost training options, remote positions and travel (if you want). They are extremely customer focused and core values are evident from top management on a daily basis.

Cons

Sometimes the work gets very busy and it can be challenging to manage my time. Management is very supportive of this however, and helps with scale and tools.

Keep up the good work!

In a word, focused company

Former Employee - Consultant in Walnut Creek, CA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at Webfortis full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Because Webfortis only focuses on one technology (Microsoft CRM), there is a high-demand for knowledge with it. Since I personally had come with that as my background when I joined, I was immediately able to see the value that I provided and appreciated the focus (some of the people there knew significantly more than I did, which surprised me). They have multiple disciplines within the company, but primary disciplines are technical or consulting - they offered me time to study for exams and certifications, and encouraged additional product knowledge development (which in my case included SharePoint and some social components). Overall it was a very satisfying experience working there, and I would recommend to my colleagues (and I have).

Cons

There are some challenges with growth - I was working on a dedicated project for over 6 months, and when we completed/delivered, I was quickly given 5 new projects. This was not a problem, but 2 of the projects were reallocated to another consultant (who was recently hired and lived closer to the customer) before I could engage heavily.

I spent some time reading the reviews posted here, and can understand why they are there, however I think there is a lack of perspective - They have a program whereby they bring in interns with little and no experience, and after 3 months, matriculate and educate them in this complex technology - this actually probably costs the company quite a lot of money, and if/when they're hired, they start at a base level for a few more months (which makes sense because in my experience it takes about 6 months to a year to develop real value). During this time, it's frustrating to think that you have a 'real' job, but aren't getting paid a ton - however I've talked to a few of the folks, and after a year or two of putting their time in and getting experience, they make more money than comparable firms.

Not what was promised

I worked at Webfortis

Pros

The developers are wonderful individuals and try to help each other as much as possible.

Cons

They hire interns to be developers and then hire them full time for $12/hr. They promise many things to full time employees such as benefits the first month, bonuses each month of $500 at minimum, overtime if hourly. First off, the benefits you do not get until the 90 day mark and then it wont happen until the next month. Secondly, the bonuses are based on billable time; which you fill out in Outlook. These billable hours can be changed by the accountant at any time without the employee being told and these hours are where your bonus actually comes from so once they are changed you are no longer eligible for the bonus. Finally, they question all overtime, even after you get permission from directors whether in writing or verbel. These three items cause this company to be untrustworthy. Finally, the way they treat their smaller clients is absolutely horrible. They mistreat them, making promises of deliverables but then never provide these items and drop the client if the client complains.

Keep your promises or stop making them. Pay your developers the amount they are worth (65K-80K).

Very Simple Philosophy: Work Hard, Do Your Job, Get Paid

I have been working at Webfortis

Pros

I feel empowered to do what is necessary to accomplish the job. Not a lot of dead weight here.

Cons

Sometimes it's unclear where I will be going next/which project I will be on.

Be prepared for the next stage of growth.