WebiMax

WebiMax Founder & CEO Kenneth C. Wisnefski

Kenneth C. Wisnefski

Great Company, Always Learning Something New

Mount Laurel, NJ

ProsWebimax has a great work environment. I was immediately welcomed into not only my department but the company as well. Management is very friendly and down-to-earth. Webimax also offers a lot of great training opportunities. The company really supports growth and advancement in not only our individual careers but our field as a whole. They do a great job of informing their staff and clients how to deal with a variety of situations from poor reviews and complaints through websites like http://www.webimaxcomplaints.com/ . The management is very knowledgeable and share their ideas openly and encourage learning.

ConsThe location of the company is around a very congested area.

So much opportunity here

Mount Laurel, NJ

ProsEffort is rewarded quickly at WebiMax. I've already been promoted in my short time here and it's exciting to see coworkers advancing into new roles as well. Positions keep opening up as the company grows. Continued learning is valued. Care for clients is genuine among every employee I know. Free coffee and flexible start times are also pluses

ConsMt Laurel location - I'm coming from the shore

Advice to Senior ManagementMore updates from the top brass about WebiMax's expansion and growth plans. It's exciting stuff but sometimes only trickles down to us in bits and pieces.

Avoid at all cost. CEO and management team misleads employees and clients.

SEO Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Mount Laurel, NJ

ProsMaybe they can turn things around. Other employees there are really nice, but they feel the same way and are looking to exit too.

ConsManagement and CEO mislead employees into thinking they will earn more.

More importantly CEO misleads clients on how they can perform. They sell at whatever price they can attract a client and then forget about the project once it is sold.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop lying to clients and employees.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Happy and still learning

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Mount Laurel, NJ

ProsI work on the project management side, and we are bettering our processes and efforts to show better results. If you do your job and do it well, you can move up in positions. I started as a link builder, and now moved up to a project manager. They see good effort and will train you as long as they see the effort

Constime tracking can be a pain in the butt sometimes - other than that not really too many CONS

Advice to Senior ManagementMake people aware of whats going on and hold more monthly meetings

Company, Management, and Owner that recognizes and rewards hard work

Website Developer (Current Employee)
    Mount Laurel, NJ

ProsWebimax is an organization where I truly feel like my work is valued. Most importantly, appreciated and recognized. The owner is a great person to work for, very down to earth, committed to serving his clients, building a strong team, and knows what it takes to run a successful company.

My direct manager is an outstanding leader, and also committed to providing the best for our clients. In my department, I feel my strengths are utilized, my work is valued, and I am provided great challenges and opportunities.

In early 2012, I left the company to take a position closer to home. This opened my eyes to the fact not every organization appreciates your hard work and provides the challenges and support to help you succeed. A short time after, Webimax welcomed me back with open arms. My superiors knew of my work ethic and were gracious enough to bring me back to the great team we have here.

This is proof of their commitment to their employees, and those who give 110% in their jobs, as I do. I cannot say anything better about an organization. Webimax is company I am extremely proud to work for and would want to stay with until I retire.

ConsThere are no real cons of working at Webimax. If you are willing to work hard, put in effort and provide your best, there will always be a place for you here.

Short-sighted company with no real vision. This is reflected in the way employees are treated.

SEO Project Manager (Former Employee)
    Mount Laurel, NJ

Pros-Ability to be a big fish in a small pond.
    -Good place to cut one's teeth professionally and gain work experience after college.
    -Relaxed atmosphere (most of the time)
    -Management very understanding and flexible regarding time off and working from home.

Cons-Upper management in general and CEO in particular suffer from extreme short-sightedness. New procedures and ways of doing things are often hastily introduced only to be scrapped a short time later. This makes for a hectic working environment and can complicate relations with clients.
    -Related to this: Company seems to prefer cheap, quick fixes to long-term and sustainable strategies.
    -No discernible pay scale exists. Salaries are arbitrary and frequently employees are paid far too little for their experience level and the work that they do.
    -Poor follow-up. Employees are often verbally offered exciting new career opportunities wtihin the company only to have them rescinded later or simply not followed up.
    -Random and inscrutable recruitment, hiring, and subsequent management process. Sometimes, very talented people are hired, and either taken advantage of or ignored. Quite often the company hires very amateurish people who have no business being in a professional environment.
    -Nepotism runs rampant at Webimax. Many employees are friends or relatives of the CEO and hired for that reason as opposed to any real qualifications.
    -Poor communication and a secretive environment.
    -CEO has an excessive fixation on his and the company's online reputation and media presence. There is more focus on the appearance of being a successful company than the reality of it. This filters down to even the lower rungs of the company.

Advice to Senior Management-Determine the business and services for which Webimax is best-suited and develop a long-term strategy around them.
    -Be more selective in the hiring process and pay and treat these employees well.
    -Spend less time promoting Webimax in the media and more time building and improving the company from within.

Sinking ship

ProsThe next company that moves in is going to have a huge, beautiful space to work with.

ConsSalesmen that sell contracts that have nothing to do with what the client actually needs. Upper management with no idea how to run a business, how to fix problems, or how to relate to employees without trying to scare them in to doing a better job. Constantly changing policies. Zero communication between anyone. Constant layoffs. Terrible Morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementClose the doors

Identify a niche and stick with it.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCasual dress, friendly atmosphere, flexible hours.

ConsPoor leadership, no cohesive business plan, inmates run the asylum while management is largely absent.

Advice to Senior ManagementBecome involved. Don't trust subordinates with little to no professional experience to lead and innovate. Identify something the company is good at and stick to it. Stop trying to do too many things.

Great place to work but underpaid

SEO Developer (Former Employee)
    Mount Laurel, NJ

ProsGreat atmosphere work place. I worked with very talented people and every day was different. Lots of clients and tasks to be completed. Paid vacations and lunch time. Very good people.

ConsLow salary. Expensive healthcare and no sick days.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove the communication between departments.

Great reputation in a growing field with a casual, can-do atmosphere.

SEO & Social Media Strategist (Current Employee)

ProsCommunity, collegiality, cameraderie.
    Open to new services, product development, sharper practices.
    Advancement from within, rewards for knowledge gained and applied.
    Still a young company. Established entrepreneur at the helm.
    Growth during down economy.

ConsRte. 73 can be a bit of a snarl for morning commute. Internal re-orgs keep things fresh but can be a bit disruptive.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to distinguish our practice as professional and top of our field. Build better bridges to the international aspects of our business, especially UK, EU, Australia.

Worked for WebiMax? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at WebiMax reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for WebiMax CEO Kenneth C. Wisnefski. All 33 reviews posted anonymously by WebiMax employees.