WebiMax

Updated December 18, 2014
3.9

WebiMax Founder & CEO Kenneth C. Wisnefski
Kenneth C. Wisnefski

Great experience, very educational.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ

I have been working at WebiMax full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I've been working at WebiMax for 6 months now and I can genuinely say I am Impressed with the level of talent and the creative environment. These are folks who know their craft and are willing to help you out if you are having trouble understanding something, which is important in the fast-paced and ever-changing world of digital marketing. I really like the opportunity to work from home 2 days a month, and the benefits are good. I'm consistently able to talk to my supervisors, and they even regularly invite me to lunch to discuss items of importance.

Cons

Sometimes the office gets too cold and the thermostat doesn't seem to do anything, but as of writing this we are moving into a brand new office in a week, so that should cease to be the case.

Great Team & Great Experience

Former Employee - Project Manager in Camden, NJ
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Camden, NJ

I worked at WebiMax full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working at Webimax has been extremely rewarding. My passion is marketing, and what better way to spend every day then to help clients grow their brand. The management at Webimax has helped me understand how to create digital marketing strategies customized for each client to succeed. There is zero micro-managing. You get your work complete and nobody bothers you day to day. There is always someone to go to for help if needed. Team members are always available if you have questions or need help to brainstorm ideas for clients.

Cons

The coffee isn't great.

Dec 16, 2014Project Manager

Thank you for reviewing WebiMax on Glassdoor. Our goal is to provide top notch digital marketing services to our clients while creating great career opportunities for our employees. Your positive ... More

Solid Start, Great Atmosphere

Current Employee - Project Manager in Camden, NJ
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Camden, NJ

I have been working at WebiMax

Pros

When it comes to starting your professional career, WebiMax provides a great opportunity. For those who put in the effort, promotions and increased responsibility can be expected. Work environment is laid back and allows for comfortable communication. Flexible work schedule is a plus. If you care about doing the best possible job, you will be rewarded.

Cons

Workload can sometimes seem daunting — it is a sign that the company is thriving, but it can be discouraging/stressful.

If the Sales Team better defines services and manages expectations with incoming clients, we can expect an increased retention rate.

Dec 16, 2014Project Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review WebiMax on Glassdoor. We appreciate your feedback in our effort to continually improve.

Real Sales Opportunity with Quality People

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Camden, NJ
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Camden, NJ

I have been working at WebiMax full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The greatest attribute of the company is the quality of people that we have. Like most companies, the people make the business and this is the case at WebiMax. You do have the desire to deliver for the company and those around you in addition to yourself. The work atmosphere is causal but professional, and you are given your space to manage yourself, especially in the sales role. Sales in set up so that if you do work hard, you will build quality client relationships and gain more business. There are certainly bumps along that client acquisition path but it is a growing industry and that is expected. Speaking from experience, staying on it will yield results. Also, if you do work hard, stay dedicated, and produce quality results, you will definitely be recognized for your work, unlike other places I have worked in the past.

Cons

Training has been something that has been improved, but previously is was an area of need. Now we have training being guided by individuals in each department to address the specific needs of employees across the board. The other con is more personal in nature as I am happy with the position and company overall - I do travel a good distance to the office and that has been a challenge.

Having increased inter-department communication will enhance the overall understanding of different departments' direction and workflow.

Dec 9, 2014Project Manager

Thanks for taking the time to review WebiMax on Glassdoor. We agree that proper training is crucial and have put an increased emphasis on improving training for all positions. We are always working ... More

Good Experience, Great People

Former Employee - Project Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at WebiMax full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Great management team and co-workers
    - Best work-life balance I have ever had
    - Ownership is focused on building the company

Cons

- Training could have been more comprehensive

Continue to give employees work from home freedom, get rid of the ones who abuse their time. Keep working to grow the company and maintain the positive culture.

Evolving Company in Growing Industry

Current Employee - Online Marketing Consultant in Camden, NJ
    Current Employee - Online Marketing Consultant in Camden, NJ

I have been working at WebiMax full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Leadership that actually cares about delivering for its clients and keeping their employees happy! Very generous bonus structures and the ability to work from home. Great reputation within the industry with plans to continue to aggressively grow and expand their presence. New location is geographically convenient. New employees are welcomed with open arms and everyone seems to be willing to lend a helping hand.

Cons

The training program is pretty much non-existent. It seems to be at least acknowledged and have been told they plan to address it.

Increase communication - especially for new employees - and create a formalized training program!

Nov 18, 2014Project Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review WebiMax on Glassdoor! We understand the importance of having a staff of talented and motivated workers. The digital marketing industry is fast changing and we ... More

Webimax, as an employer, has virtually zero redeeming qualities.

I worked at WebiMax

Pros

Ability to work from home so I didn't have to be surrounded by the mind-numbing sexism, homophobia, and general incompetency.

I never had to worry about making substantial financial decisions in life like where to buy a house because I didn't make enough money to be given any financial freedom.

Only the good employees get laid off (and yes, the layoffs are frequent and massive) -- if you demonstrate a disgustingly negligible amount of workmanship, it will be literally impossible for you to get fired. Yay, job security!

The multiple completely nonexistent offices all around the globe.

Cons

You'll get paid pretty much nothing but expectations will be high. Those who excel are not rewarded, they are taken advantage of. If you make too much dough, you'll fall victim to the layoff hammer so they can replace you with someone who is desperate enough to work for less than your already meager salary. Management is a boys' club and you'll have to frequently endure insufferable anecdotes about how drunk everyone got in Sea Isle City, which will be told as your upper management pats one another on their respective behinds. You will be given "promotions" aka more responsibilities, but those do not come with pay raises, unless you count crying yourself to sleep as ample compensation.

Get some rogaine

Dec 16, 2014Project Manager

Thanks for reviewing WebiMax on Glassdoor! We will take your feedback into account and are always looking to improve both internally and externally for our clients.

Good Company

Current Employee - SEO Project Manager in Camden, NJ
    Current Employee - SEO Project Manager in Camden, NJ

I have been working at WebiMax full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great Staff
    Friendly and Approachable Owner and Management
    Great work/life balance

Cons

Entry level employees are not the strongest co-workers

Continue to hire quality people that will help grow the company and create opportunities for advancement.

Oct 23, 2014Project Manager

Thanks for taking the time to review WebiMax on Glassdoor. We appreciate your honest feedback. We take pride in having a talented team of hard working people. This feedback helps us continue to ... More

Great for starting out

Former Employee - SEO Content Writer in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - SEO Content Writer in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at WebiMax full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They have a pretty flexible schedule, and if you're trying to start in the online writing/content writing industry you'll get a lot of new and professional experience.

Cons

Things seem to be going downhill there in general, when I first started there it was great. Then things just started to get worse.

Departments need to work better together, and managers should listen to their employees more.

A good stepping stone

I worked at WebiMax full-time (more than an year)

Pros

flexible days off, can come in between 7:30 - 9 in the morning, a way to get your foot in the door for better opportunities, relaxed atmosphere (when the task list isn't too high) and some people were fabulous to work with, while others not so much, health insurance

Cons

terrible lack of professionalism, college mentality, horrible pay, white lies, no Christmas bonus, no direction, a joke of a raise

stop lying to your coworkers and say get to the point. Get more involved in assisting them. That's not for all management though

Nov 13, 2014Project Manager

Dear former WebiMax employee,

Thank you for taking the time to review WebiMax on Glassdoor. We are always working to improve so we sincerely appreciate the feedback. We understand the importance
    ... More