WebiMax Reviews

Kenneth C. Wisnefski

No Motivation

Former Employee - Anonymous in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at WebiMax full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The atmosphere is generally low-key. By that I mean the dress code is essentially nonexistent and there are occasional parties.

Cons

Nobody has any idea what they're doing. You're criticized for thinking outside the box. Emphasis is exclusively on quantity; never quality. Mobility is minimal and based entirely on friendships rather than expertise. Tactics are completely experimental - nobody takes the time to test theories; they throw clients in head-first before knowing if the strategy works. The only form of accountability is the blame game.

Actually pay attention to what's going on in your company.

Steer clear of this place.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at WebiMax as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Laid back atmosphere. At times, the place was too laid back to the point where certain people didn't respect the space/privacy of other individuals.

Cons

Laid back atmosphere. Compensation is poor. Training is basically non-existent. There is a definite core group of the owner's pets, and the positions those people hold are handed out based on friendship and not on competence at completing assigned duties.

Get rid of the "old boys' (and girls') club, and put people in management positions who understand and are qualified for their roles. For instance, appointing someone to head the Human Resources Department who has no Human Resources training, is not the way to instill confidence in your employees.

Too worried about it's online reputation, and not it's employees.

Former Employee - SEO Developer in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - SEO Developer in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at WebiMax full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I seriously can't think of a single good thing to say about this company. Worst place I've ever worked.

Cons

The pay and the healthcare is horrible. The work environment is like a sweat shop, and you don't get long enough breaks. They have a very low budget and upper management is clueless and disorganized. They force employees to sit through daily pointless meetings, and nothing gets accomplished. The CEO, Ken Wisnefski, has no clue how manage the company or how to handle negative feedback.

Stop posting fake company reviews, and censoring real reviews. If you want to be liked then you need to make some major changes to the company, but at this point it's probably too late.

Avoid at all cost. CEO and management team misleads employees and clients.

Current Employee - SEO Project Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - SEO Project Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at WebiMax full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Maybe they can turn things around. Other employees there are really nice, but they feel the same way and are looking to exit too.

Cons

Management and CEO mislead employees into thinking they will earn more.

More importantly CEO misleads clients on how they can perform. They sell at whatever price they can attract a client and then forget about the project once it is sold.

Stop lying to clients and employees.

Sinking ship

I have been working at WebiMax full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The next company that moves in is going to have a huge, beautiful space to work with.

Cons

Salesmen that sell contracts that have nothing to do with what the client actually needs. Upper management with no idea how to run a business, how to fix problems, or how to relate to employees without trying to scare them in to doing a better job. Constantly changing policies. Zero communication between anyone. Constant layoffs. Terrible Morale.

Close the doors

Horrible

Former Employee - SEO Project Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at WebiMax full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You make friends because you all go through the same thing together

Cons

I don't know where to start.

-Horrible service
    -Horrible staff support
    -Horrible Management
    -Horrible Product Offering
    -Horrible Client Acquisition
    -Horrible Communication
    -Horrible Pay
    -Horrible Ethics

Ken, if you read this. Fire your management immendiately. The company suffers because of them not because of the 'incompetent employees' Stop hiring your friends and start recruiting personnel like Gurzo who can offer value to the company. During my time at the company I witnessed some pretty horrible decision-making. I gave it my all, but after seeing how people actually think it made me run for the hills. Escalation practices are horrible. 75% of my time was put toward escalation calls that were doomed to fail. Stop firing clients. That is money going out the window for no reason. Take control, you were the only one I thought that was competent at finding a viable way to run the company. Operations was a mess, sales was good but we hired the wrong type of clients. I know you take what you can get, but sometimes its best to let the doomed ones go. It will help bring in more retainable and sustainable clientele. Right now, this process is causing employees to leave, bad reviews and ultimately a sense of distrust among the company. I don't know how some people are still working for you (from a lower level status) but those people deserve better and deserve more responsibility. This is a message to you, not to the people who go on glassdoor. Be smart and cut your losses while you can. Find your valuies and align them with your clienteles needs.

Great workers, poor management, no pathway to advancement all leads to sky-high turnover

Former Employee - SEO Content Writer in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - SEO Content Writer in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at WebiMax full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people who work for this company are loyal and they really care about making the company better.

Cons

These loyal employees are not supported by management. In fact, the management wanders around the office looking to catch people slipping up and micromanage their teams until all creativity is stamped out.

Trust the people who care and pay them when they deserve it. And get a sales team that can sell without promising things the company can't deliver.

WebiMax Response

Feb 21, 2014PR Manager

Dear former WebiMax employee,

Thanks for taking the time to review WebiMax on Glassdoor. We agree that our employees are loyal and care about making the company better. We’ve always said our
    ... More

Short-sighted company with no real vision. This is reflected in the way employees are treated.

I worked at WebiMax full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Ability to be a big fish in a small pond.
    -Good place to cut one's teeth professionally and gain work experience after college.
    -Relaxed atmosphere (most of the time)
    -Management very understanding and flexible regarding time off and working from home.

Cons

-Upper management in general and CEO in particular suffer from extreme short-sightedness. New procedures and ways of doing things are often hastily introduced only to be scrapped a short time later. This makes for a hectic working environment and can complicate relations with clients.
    -Related to this: Company seems to prefer cheap, quick fixes to long-term and sustainable strategies.
    -No discernible pay scale exists. Salaries are arbitrary and frequently employees are paid far too little for their experience level and the work that they do.
    -Poor follow-up. Employees are often verbally offered exciting new career opportunities wtihin the company only to have them rescinded later or simply not followed up.
    -Random and inscrutable recruitment, hiring, and subsequent management process. Sometimes, very talented people are hired, and either taken advantage of or ignored. Quite often the company hires very amateurish people who have no business being in a professional environment.
    -Nepotism runs rampant at Webimax. Many employees are friends or relatives of the CEO and hired for that reason as opposed to any real qualifications.
    -Poor communication and a secretive environment.
    -CEO has an excessive fixation on his and the company's online reputation and media presence. There is more focus on the appearance of being a successful company than the reality of it. This filters down to even the lower rungs of the company.

-Determine the business and services for which Webimax is best-suited and develop a long-term strategy around them.
    -Be more selective in the hiring process and pay and treat these employees well.
    -Spend less time promoting Webimax in the media and more time building and improving the company from within.

Always in a panic, rushing to get out reports because of lost work or crazy deadlines

Former Employee - Sales Support
    Former Employee - Sales Support

I worked at WebiMax

Pros

Really cool info on PPC & SEO.

Cons

Some many changes and everyone is always changing their jobs or titles. I had three bosses and none of them could do my job.....or bothered to learn it. They lost many clients and wrong information was always being sent out to clients or people they were trying to sign up. It's like walking around and every is angry, never know if the place is gonna close.

They would not listen or take advice. Ugh, they took my health benefits away too. Managers always in late and left early. New manager is always leaving early.

Disorganized and the Leadership is Null

Former Employee - Assistant Project Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Assistant Project Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at WebiMax

Pros

when I first started there, they were a smaller company and offered free coffee, some artistic freedom and paid for benefits with no contribution from the employee.

Cons

By the time of my departure, raises were cut out, we had to contribute half to our benefits (are salaries are a joke), no more free coffee, they were laying people off or firing them for trumped up reasons. They "re-organized teams 3 Times since last October with no real actual plan. Management has no idea of what they are doing, moral is down and they are still losing clients and bleeding money.

Sell the company off and go back to school to learn better business practices.