WebiMax Reviews

Reset
4.4
WebiMax Founder & CEO Kenneth C. Wisnefski
Kenneth C. Wisnefski

Pros
  • Friendly and relaxed work environment (in 7 reviews)

• Very generous bonus structures and the ability to work from home (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • You can expect to be compensated as an entry level employee regardless of your background (in 2 reviews)

• terrible lack of professionalism, college mentality, horrible pay, white lies, no Christmas bonus, no direction, a joke of a raise (in 2 reviews)

1. Terrible short-sighted company

Former Employee - Inbound Marketer in Camden, NJ
    Former Employee - Inbound Marketer in Camden, NJ

I worked at WebiMax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work place subordinates. Good location for easy travel and easy access from all bridge. They have an excellent outlook, but this is only reflected in senior management.

Cons

Absolutely terrible company to work for. They will look over your shoulder as you are trying to work and get things done. Management is extremely biased and things are based off of nepitism NOT hard work. HR is useless and will not help you.

Advice to Management

Ken--- fire HR and senior management. You drove me away.... It does not take much to change your company only a few steps.

Webimax, as an employer, has virtually zero redeeming qualities.

I worked at WebiMax

Pros

Ability to work from home so I didn't have to be surrounded by the mind-numbing sexism, homophobia, and general incompetency.

I never had to worry about making substantial financial decisions in life like where to buy a house because I didn't make enough money to be given any financial freedom.

Only the good employees get laid off (and yes, the layoffs are frequent and massive) -- if you demonstrate a disgustingly negligible amount of workmanship, it will be literally impossible for you to get fired. Yay, job security!

The multiple completely nonexistent offices all around the globe.

Cons

You'll get paid pretty much nothing but expectations will be high. Those who excel are not rewarded, they are taken advantage of. If you make too much dough, you'll fall victim to the layoff hammer so they can replace you with someone who is desperate enough to work for less than your already meager salary. Management is a boys' club and you'll have to frequently endure insufferable anecdotes about how drunk everyone got in Sea Isle City, which will be told as your upper management pats one another on their respective behinds. You will be given "promotions" aka more responsibilities, but those do not come with pay raises, unless you count crying yourself to sleep as ample compensation.

Advice to Management

Get some rogaine

Dec 16, 2014Project Manager

Thanks for reviewing WebiMax on Glassdoor! We will take your feedback into account and are always looking to improve both internally and externally for our clients.

A good stepping stone

I worked at WebiMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

flexible days off, can come in between 7:30 - 9 in the morning, a way to get your foot in the door for better opportunities, relaxed atmosphere (when the task list isn't too high) and some people were fabulous to work with, while others not so much, health insurance

Cons

Advice to Management

stop lying to your coworkers and say get to the point. Get more involved in assisting them. That's not for all management though

Nov 13, 2014Project Manager

Dear former WebiMax employee,

Thank you for taking the time to review WebiMax on Glassdoor. We are always working to improve so we sincerely appreciate the feedback. We understand the importance
    ... More

No Motivation

Former Employee - Anonymous in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at WebiMax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The atmosphere is generally low-key. By that I mean the dress code is essentially nonexistent and there are occasional parties.

Cons

Nobody has any idea what they're doing. You're criticized for thinking outside the box. Emphasis is exclusively on quantity; never quality. Mobility is minimal and based entirely on friendships rather than expertise. Tactics are completely experimental - nobody takes the time to test theories; they throw clients in head-first before knowing if the strategy works. The only form of accountability is the blame game.

Advice to Management

Actually pay attention to what's going on in your company.

Too worried about it's online reputation, and not it's employees.

Former Employee - SEO Developer in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - SEO Developer in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at WebiMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I seriously can't think of a single good thing to say about this company. Worst place I've ever worked.

Cons

The pay and the healthcare is horrible. The work environment is like a sweat shop, and you don't get long enough breaks. They have a very low budget and upper management is clueless and disorganized. They force employees to sit through daily pointless meetings, and nothing gets accomplished. The CEO, Ken Wisnefski, has no clue how manage the company or how to handle negative feedback.

Advice to Management

Stop posting fake company reviews, and censoring real reviews. If you want to be liked then you need to make some major changes to the company, but at this point it's probably too late.

Avoid at all cost. CEO and management team misleads employees and clients.

Current Employee - SEO Project Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - SEO Project Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at WebiMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Maybe they can turn things around. Other employees there are really nice, but they feel the same way and are looking to exit too.

Cons

Management and CEO mislead employees into thinking they will earn more.

More importantly CEO misleads clients on how they can perform. They sell at whatever price they can attract a client and then forget about the project once it is sold.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to clients and employees.

Sinking ship

I have been working at WebiMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The next company that moves in is going to have a huge, beautiful space to work with.

Cons

Salesmen that sell contracts that have nothing to do with what the client actually needs. Upper management with no idea how to run a business, how to fix problems, or how to relate to employees without trying to scare them in to doing a better job. Constantly changing policies. Zero communication between anyone. Constant layoffs. Terrible Morale.

Advice to Management

Close the doors

Horrible

I worked at WebiMax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You make friends because you all go through the same thing together

Cons

I don't know where to start.

-Horrible service
    -Horrible staff support
    -Horrible Management
    -Horrible Product Offering
    -Horrible Client Acquisition
    -Horrible Communication
    -Horrible Pay
    -Horrible Ethics

Advice to Management

Ken, if you read this. Fire your management immendiately. The company suffers because of them not because of the 'incompetent employees' Stop hiring your friends and start recruiting personnel like Gurzo who can offer value to the company. During my time at the company I witnessed some pretty horrible decision-making. I gave it my all, but after seeing how people actually think it made me run for the hills. Escalation practices are horrible. 75% of my time was put toward escalation calls that were doomed to fail. Stop firing clients. That is money going out the window for no reason. Take control, you were the only one I thought that was competent at finding a viable way to run the company. Operations was a mess, sales was good but we hired the wrong type of clients. I know you take what you can get, but sometimes its best to let the doomed ones go. It will help bring in more retainable and sustainable clientele. Right now, this process is causing employees to leave, bad reviews and ultimately a sense of distrust among the company. I don't know how some people are still working for you (from a lower level status) but those people deserve better and deserve more responsibility. This is a message to you, not to the people who go on glassdoor. Be smart and cut your losses while you can. Find your valuies and align them with your clienteles needs.

Great workers, poor management, no pathway to advancement all leads to sky-high turnover

Former Employee - SEO Content Writer in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - SEO Content Writer in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at WebiMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people who work for this company are loyal and they really care about making the company better.

Cons

These loyal employees are not supported by management. In fact, the management wanders around the office looking to catch people slipping up and micromanage their teams until all creativity is stamped out.

Advice to Management

Trust the people who care and pay them when they deserve it. And get a sales team that can sell without promising things the company can't deliver.

Feb 21, 2014PR Manager

Dear former WebiMax employee,

Thanks for taking the time to review WebiMax on Glassdoor. We agree that our employees are loyal and care about making the company better. We’ve always said our
    ... More

Short-sighted company with no real vision. This is reflected in the way employees are treated.

I worked at WebiMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Ability to be a big fish in a small pond.
    -Good place to cut one's teeth professionally and gain work experience after college.
    -Relaxed atmosphere (most of the time)
    -Management very understanding and flexible regarding time off and working from home.

Cons

-Upper management in general and CEO in particular suffer from extreme short-sightedness. New procedures and ways of doing things are often hastily introduced only to be scrapped a short time later. This makes for a hectic working environment and can complicate relations with clients.
    -Related to this: Company seems to prefer cheap, quick fixes to long-term and sustainable strategies.
    -No discernible pay scale exists. Salaries are arbitrary and frequently employees are paid far too little for their experience level and the work that they do.
    -Poor follow-up. Employees are often verbally offered exciting new career opportunities wtihin the company only to have them rescinded later or simply not followed up.
    -Random and inscrutable recruitment, hiring, and subsequent management process. Sometimes, very talented people are hired, and either taken advantage of or ignored. Quite often the company hires very amateurish people who have no business being in a professional environment.
    -Nepotism runs rampant at Webimax. Many employees are friends or relatives of the CEO and hired for that reason as opposed to any real qualifications.
    -Poor communication and a secretive environment.
    -CEO has an excessive fixation on his and the company's online reputation and media presence. There is more focus on the appearance of being a successful company than the reality of it. This filters down to even the lower rungs of the company.

Advice to Management

-Determine the business and services for which Webimax is best-suited and develop a long-term strategy around them.
    -Be more selective in the hiring process and pay and treat these employees well.
    -Spend less time promoting Webimax in the media and more time building and improving the company from within.

RSS Feed </> Embed