WebiMax

WebiMax Reviews

Updated Jan 15, 2014

WebiMax Founder & CEO Kenneth C. Wisnefski

Kenneth C. Wisnefski

Too worried about it's online reputation, and not it's employees.

SEO Developer (Former Employee)

I worked at WebiMax full-time for more than a year

ProsI seriously can't think of a single good thing to say about this company. Worst place I've ever worked.

ConsThe pay and the healthcare is horrible. The work environment is like a sweat shop, and you don't get long enough breaks. They have a very low budget and upper management is clueless and disorganized. They force employees to sit through daily pointless meetings, and nothing gets accomplished. The CEO, Ken Wisnefski, has no clue how manage the company or how to handle negative feedback.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop posting fake company reviews, and censoring real reviews. If you want to be liked then you need to make some major changes to the company, but at this point it's probably too late.

Avoid at all cost. CEO and management team misleads employees and clients.

SEO Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at WebiMax full-time for more than a year

ProsMaybe they can turn things around. Other employees there are really nice, but they feel the same way and are looking to exit too.

ConsManagement and CEO mislead employees into thinking they will earn more.

More importantly CEO misleads clients on how they can perform. They sell at whatever price they can attract a client and then forget about the project once it is sold.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop lying to clients and employees.

Sinking ship

I have been working at WebiMax full-time for more than a year

ProsThe next company that moves in is going to have a huge, beautiful space to work with.

ConsSalesmen that sell contracts that have nothing to do with what the client actually needs. Upper management with no idea how to run a business, how to fix problems, or how to relate to employees without trying to scare them in to doing a better job. Constantly changing policies. Zero communication between anyone. Constant layoffs. Terrible Morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementClose the doors

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great workers, poor management, no pathway to advancement all leads to sky-high turnover

SEO Content Writer (Former Employee)

I worked at WebiMax full-time for more than a year

ProsThe people who work for this company are loyal and they really care about making the company better.

ConsThese loyal employees are not supported by management. In fact, the management wanders around the office looking to catch people slipping up and micromanage their teams until all creativity is stamped out.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust the people who care and pay them when they deserve it. And get a sales team that can sell without promising things the company can't deliver.

Feb 21, 2014

Dear former WebiMax employee,

Thanks for taking the time to review WebiMax on Glassdoor. We agree that our employees are loyal and care about making the company better. We’ve always said our ... More

Short-sighted company with no real vision. This is reflected in the way employees are treated.

SEO Project Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at WebiMax full-time for more than a year

Pros-Ability to be a big fish in a small pond.
-Good place to cut one's teeth professionally and gain work experience after college.
-Relaxed atmosphere (most of the time)
-Management very understanding and flexible regarding time off and working from home.

Cons-Upper management in general and CEO in particular suffer from extreme short-sightedness. New procedures and ways of doing things are often hastily introduced only to be scrapped a short time later. This makes for a hectic working environment and can complicate relations with clients.
-Related to this: Company seems to prefer cheap, quick fixes to long-term and sustainable strategies.
-No discernible pay scale exists. Salaries are arbitrary and frequently employees are paid far too little for their experience level and the work that they do.
-Poor follow-up. Employees are often verbally offered exciting new career opportunities wtihin the company only to have them rescinded later or simply not followed up.
-Random and inscrutable recruitment, hiring, and subsequent management process. Sometimes, very talented people are hired, and either taken advantage of or ignored. Quite often the company hires very amateurish people who have no business being in a professional environment.
-Nepotism runs rampant at Webimax. Many employees are friends or relatives of the CEO and hired for that reason as opposed to any real qualifications.
-Poor communication and a secretive environment.
-CEO has an excessive fixation on his and the company's online reputation and media presence. There is more focus on the appearance of being a successful company than the reality of it. This filters down to even the lower rungs of the company.

Advice to Senior Management-Determine the business and services for which Webimax is best-suited and develop a long-term strategy around them.
-Be more selective in the hiring process and pay and treat these employees well.
-Spend less time promoting Webimax in the media and more time building and improving the company from within.

Always in a panic, rushing to get out reports because of lost work or crazy deadlines

Sales Support (Former Employee)

I worked at WebiMax

ProsReally cool info on PPC & SEO.

ConsSome many changes and everyone is always changing their jobs or titles. I had three bosses and none of them could do my job.....or bothered to learn it. They lost many clients and wrong information was always being sent out to clients or people they were trying to sign up. It's like walking around and every is angry, never know if the place is gonna close.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey would not listen or take advice. Ugh, they took my health benefits away too. Managers always in late and left early. New manager is always leaving early.

Disorganized and the Leadership is Null

Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at WebiMax

Proswhen I first started there, they were a smaller company and offered free coffee, some artistic freedom and paid for benefits with no contribution from the employee.

ConsBy the time of my departure, raises were cut out, we had to contribute half to our benefits (are salaries are a joke), no more free coffee, they were laying people off or firing them for trumped up reasons. They "re-organized teams 3 Times since last October with no real actual plan. Management has no idea of what they are doing, moral is down and they are still losing clients and bleeding money.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell the company off and go back to school to learn better business practices.

Could have been the best in the SEO field, but to sloppy

SEO Project Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at WebiMax

ProsThe training and update to information is almost daily. They attempt to keep you up to date with latest trends. Casual dress and new lunch room.

ConsLower than standard pay with promises of more month after month. Constant meetings that produce no real work nor plan. VP and higher management had to no former training and the worse at being leaders. The owner is great in starting this company but the people he hired are just full of smoke. Closing offices and losing our clients due to lack of work. I have constantly asked for help with my projects and they shift the blame to other departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe owner needs to be there and working everyday and stand up to his untrained sloppy upper level of management. A HR director with her door shut? My Vice President that snaps before listening to the problem? A director that rewards popular but not producing project managers? The owner is just absent and this place is falling to the ground. Great if you want to be "cool" but no salary and their commission plan is pennies because of a weak sales team.

A good start

I have been working at WebiMax

ProsI credit this company as a good starting off point. You learn a lot in a fast-paced world of SEO. Great people work here.

ConsIt appears this company had too much success too quickly, which created quite rebound/shrinkage period. Cut back in benefits, pay, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your talent. Else they're always going to find something better.

Mar 11, 2014

Dear current WebiMax employee,

Marketing, especially SEO, is definitely fast-paced, so we’re happy to hear that you are taking advantage of the agency lifestyle. We pride ourselves on having ... More

Okay work environment, poor pay, awful service

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at WebiMax full-time

ProsAs the first real full time job I had, it was a pretty good starting point. It was decently low pressure, PTO was easy to get approved, and my co-workers were all young like me, so the environment was pretty great. There appeared to be a lot of room for advancement (see below). There were also a lot of breaks, which was very helpful whenever I would be working on a particularly difficult project and need a cigarette.

ConsWhile it appeared to be a lot of room for advancement, it was a facade. I wasn't being paid too well, and it seemed as though there was something blocking me from getting a promotion. All I could see in my way was a manager's attention toward some of the more attractive employees. I'm not saying anything inappropriate was occurring, but there did seem to be a large favoritism that was based on how much attention key players received rather than the work being performed. I also didn't appreciate being asked to give a review online of my experience working there that was "honest but makes us look good." While I totally understand that there were a lot of disgruntled former employees that had been fired flaming the company, much like any other company, I felt deeply uncomfortable with being asked to do that. I later went on to work at a different SEO company. I was given more reasonable duties, better pay and felt my work was recognized, unlike at this company. I also don't like that I was often told to only do a certain amount of work for the clients based on what they paid the company rather than caring what results they received. If they continue to run their company in this manner, they will lose all of their clients. No company wants to pay for new to the scene inbound marketers with no SEO experience to figure out what doesn't work; they want to pay for the results the sales team promised them.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees better. Looking over shoulders to catch them doing something wrong stunts creativity. I would also treat your clients better. When they pay for links, don't stop after an hour because it's "what they paid for." Stop when they get the RESULTS they paid for. It may also help to find managers that work directly with lower employees that work well with others and are more knowledgeable in the field rather than worked at the company a certain amount of time. Also, please listen to employees when they complain, especially when several in a row complain about the same thing. It's not a conspiracy; it's a problem.

Feb 25, 2014

Dear former WebiMax employee,

Thank you for taking the time to review WebiMax on Glassdoor. We pride ourselves on having a fun and casual work environment. At the same time, we have very high ... More

Worked for WebiMax? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at WebiMax reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for WebiMax CEO Kenneth C. Wisnefski. All 33 reviews posted anonymously by WebiMax employees.