WebiMax

Updated August 16, 2014

3.9

WebiMax Founder & CEO Kenneth C. Wisnefski
Kenneth C. Wisnefski

I love my position and feel that I have opportunities for growth daily.

Current Employee - Content Writer  in  Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Content Writer in Mount Laurel, NJ

Pros

Webimax has a healthy work environment, amazing management and phenomenal services. Webimax is a company that believes in its employees and the work that they do.

Cons

Honestly, I have no seen a downside in the months I have been employed at Webimax. I love the company, it's goals and the tasks assigned to me.

Keep up the good work. The management team at Webimax is the best I have ever worked for. I couldn't be more happy with my job.

Best Job I have ever had

Current Employee - Web Designer  in  Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Web Designer in Mount Laurel, NJ

Pros

I have never been in a workplace environment that was so nurturing to my ideas. I know that on a daily basis, my suggestions, thoughts and goals are not only important to the company, but are given quality time for implementation. I have been with the company for about a year now, and since then I have quickly moved up from the intro position to assistant manager, to web designer.

I appreciate the fact that my outside skills and abilities are utilized and have the ability to bring those talents in for new photo and video projects to the company, as well as our clients.

It is a completely different atmosphere than anywhere I have worked previously. I am told on a daily basis what I am doing well, and am commended for my work and process. I am constantly motivated to work hard and am able to do so on my own terms. WebiMax empowers me to be my own leader, and to problem solve to the best of my abilities.

On top of that, we are a very casual and laid back office. We are a tight knit group, and see eye to eye on company values and goals. It is truly an excellent place to work.

Cons

With the everlasting expanding and growth that Webimax is going through, my only con would be of fear that someday we will be too overwhelmed to give our clients the same quality work that we have become known for. However I know that if we stay true to our values and goals, we will never spread ourselves too thin.

Keep doing the company newsletter, it helps maintain the family atmosphere that we have going, and I know that our fellow coworkers love to read it. Its a nice friendly break when it comes out and informs us about each other. It is really a great idea, keep it going.

The kind of place you would want to stay at until you retire.

Current Employee - Vice President of Technology  in  Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Vice President of Technology in Mount Laurel, NJ

Pros

WebiMax is an innovative company that is committed to the success of its clients and its employees. It's no doubt the reason the company has seen phenomenal growth over the last 18 months. It's great to work with a such a talented and winning team.

Cons

If you are up for striving to be the best you can be and moving full speed ahead at all times, then there is no real downside here. Otherwise, probably not the place for you.

Stay innovative. Continue to attract the level talent to help us grow. Continue to provide the resources to help the team succeed and deliver for our clients.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Could have been the best in the SEO field, but to sloppy

Former Employee - SEO Project Manager  in  Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - SEO Project Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ

Pros

The training and update to information is almost daily. They attempt to keep you up to date with latest trends. Casual dress and new lunch room.

Cons

Lower than standard pay with promises of more month after month. Constant meetings that produce no real work nor plan. VP and higher management had to no former training and the worse at being leaders. The owner is great in starting this company but the people he hired are just full of smoke. Closing offices and losing our clients due to lack of work. I have constantly asked for help with my projects and they shift the blame to other departments.

The owner needs to be there and working everyday and stand up to his untrained sloppy upper level of management. A HR director with her door shut? My Vice President that snaps before listening to the problem? A director that rewards popular but not producing project managers? The owner is just absent and this place is falling to the ground. Great if you want to be "cool" but no salary and their commission plan is pennies because of a weak sales team.

Great Place to Learn

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Pros

Lots and lots of learning
    Promotions are well-deserved if you push yourself
    Energetic team
    Benefits are fair (better than my previous employers)
    Cool field to work in, lots of nice people in the industry

Cons

Sometimes too much to do and not enough time
    Keeping up with Google is a pain, sometimes too many emails every day with new algorithm changes
    I don't like basecamp

Happy to Go to Work

Current Employee - Assistant Project Manager  in  Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Assistant Project Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ

Pros

I have almost always been happy to go to work for WebiMax. There were very few times I just did not want to go in to work. I have enjoyed my time at WebiMax and the wealth of knowledge that flows throughout the company from the top to the bottom. It is a casual work environment and they really foster the team mentality and having fun while getting the job done. I really feel that WebiMax is a great place to work and learn about SEO and online marketing campaigns.

Cons

We grew too fast around the end of 2011 and it really hurt our ability to keep up. While the majority of our clients did not feel the influx, our team did. The level of stress and nervousness was intense. While we have stabilized and restructured to be better equipped for such an influx since the beginning of 2012, it was a bumpy ride. We have bounced back from this problem and are much better equipped to handle the future.

Also, it gets cold in the building due to the need for the server room to be cool for the computer/IT stuff.

Encourage and point out all that you see as positive. Positive vibes do more for a company than awards. Also, bring back the whiteboard of questions--that was fun.

Disorganized and the Leadership is Null

Former Employee - Assistant Project Manager  in  Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Assistant Project Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ

Pros

when I first started there, they were a smaller company and offered free coffee, some artistic freedom and paid for benefits with no contribution from the employee.

Cons

By the time of my departure, raises were cut out, we had to contribute half to our benefits (are salaries are a joke), no more free coffee, they were laying people off or firing them for trumped up reasons. They "re-organized teams 3 Times since last October with no real actual plan. Management has no idea of what they are doing, moral is down and they are still losing clients and bleeding money.

Sell the company off and go back to school to learn better business practices.

Great People = Great Company

Current Employee - Business Develop Manager  in  Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Business Develop Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ

Pros

I've been apart of the WebiMax Family for 3+ years, and have grown with the company. The owner makes it a point to know each of his employees that work for him, holds company wide meetings to give updates on WebiMax, our industry and competitors. He is a leader! The employees are students of there own game. we are in an industry that is changing all the time, employees are sharing info they find, success stories with clients. its our team that makes us stand out.

Cons

There aren't really any "cons", I would say that remembering to track time we spend on clients account is a pain, i forget to do so a lot. Salesforce is a con (ha)

My advice would be to continue to mingle with the employees, have the company lunches so we all talk, i like the lunch and learns also, great time to site with the your coworkers and hold a training class.

WebiMax is an exciting place to work!

Current Employee - Sales Support
    Current Employee - Sales Support

Pros

Working for a newer company in an ever-changing industry in and of itself is exciting and rewarding. On top of that WebiMax offers a casual work environment, flexible schedules, and many "perks" you don't get at other companies (Free K-cup coffee, work from home days, Holidays off that other places don't honor, inter-office catered parties, free lunches, and even massages for doing a good job). Everyone is friendly and a pleasure to work with. Upper management welcomes and values individual thoughts and input. WebiMax is truly the best "job" I've ever had.

Cons

It's not really a con but if you are someone who is resistant to change or likes monotony then this is not the industry for you.

Thank you for creating an enjoyable place to come to work every day. I'm excited to see what the future holds for us and am confident the company and the people who work here are in good hands.

Awesome place to work for a recent college grad...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Pros

Employees are diverse, and the attitudes are super positive and friendly. Very casual, and not too stuck up. They train the less experienced, and give everyone a chance. They are open to teaching those who want to learn about the industry. This is where you begin to gain experience especially if you have never held a job. The owner of the company is a nice person, and doesn't put himself above the rest of the employees. The one place where you can speak directly to the owner.

Cons

If you have been in the workforce for a while, with experience, this is not where you want to be. You can expect to be compensated as an entry level employee regardless of your background. This more of a job and not a really much of a forever career. Promotions are not based on your performance, but on the need to fill positions, and favoritism; they will give a supervisor position to anyone, except to those who have experience and proven experience. Pay raises are often promised, but not delivered, and if you do get a raise, its not much. Many employees hold a second part-time job, because depending on the position you do not make enough for this to be your only job. Its disappointing considering the industry the company is in.

Compensation should be more competitive, and a solid pay scale needs to be established. A commission is not a bonus.

Worked for WebiMax? Contribute to the Community!