WebiMax

www.webimax.com

Always in a panic, rushing to get out reports because of lost work or crazy deadlines

Former Employee - Sales Support
    Former Employee - Sales Support

I worked at WebiMax

Pros

Really cool info on PPC & SEO.

Cons

Some many changes and everyone is always changing their jobs or titles. I had three bosses and none of them could do my job.....or bothered to learn it. They lost many clients and wrong information was always being sent out to clients or people they were trying to sign up. It's like walking around and every is angry, never know if the place is gonna close.

They would not listen or take advice. Ugh, they took my health benefits away too. Managers always in late and left early. New manager is always leaving early.

Disorganized and the Leadership is Null

Former Employee - Assistant Project Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Assistant Project Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at WebiMax

Pros

when I first started there, they were a smaller company and offered free coffee, some artistic freedom and paid for benefits with no contribution from the employee.

Cons

By the time of my departure, raises were cut out, we had to contribute half to our benefits (are salaries are a joke), no more free coffee, they were laying people off or firing them for trumped up reasons. They "re-organized teams 3 Times since last October with no real actual plan. Management has no idea of what they are doing, moral is down and they are still losing clients and bleeding money.

Sell the company off and go back to school to learn better business practices.

Could have been the best in the SEO field, but to sloppy

Former Employee - SEO Project Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - SEO Project Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at WebiMax

Pros

The training and update to information is almost daily. They attempt to keep you up to date with latest trends. Casual dress and new lunch room.

Cons

Lower than standard pay with promises of more month after month. Constant meetings that produce no real work nor plan. VP and higher management had to no former training and the worse at being leaders. The owner is great in starting this company but the people he hired are just full of smoke. Closing offices and losing our clients due to lack of work. I have constantly asked for help with my projects and they shift the blame to other departments.

The owner needs to be there and working everyday and stand up to his untrained sloppy upper level of management. A HR director with her door shut? My Vice President that snaps before listening to the problem? A director that rewards popular but not producing project managers? The owner is just absent and this place is falling to the ground. Great if you want to be "cool" but no salary and their commission plan is pennies because of a weak sales team.

Decent, but could be better

I worked at WebiMax

Pros

Comfortable environment to work within

Cons

No room for growth, Project Managers can be unprofessional

A good start

I have been working at WebiMax

Pros

I credit this company as a good starting off point. You learn a lot in a fast-paced world of SEO. Great people work here.

Cons

It appears this company had too much success too quickly, which created quite rebound/shrinkage period. Cut back in benefits, pay, etc.

Pay your talent. Else they're always going to find something better.

Mar 11, 2014PR Manager

Dear current WebiMax employee,

Marketing, especially SEO, is definitely fast-paced, so we’re happy to hear that you are taking advantage of the agency lifestyle. We pride ourselves on having
    ... More

Okay work environment, poor pay, awful service

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at WebiMax full-time

Pros

As the first real full time job I had, it was a pretty good starting point. It was decently low pressure, PTO was easy to get approved, and my co-workers were all young like me, so the environment was pretty great. There appeared to be a lot of room for advancement (see below). There were also a lot of breaks, which was very helpful whenever I would be working on a particularly difficult project and need a cigarette.

Cons

While it appeared to be a lot of room for advancement, it was a facade. I wasn't being paid too well, and it seemed as though there was something blocking me from getting a promotion. All I could see in my way was a manager's attention toward some of the more attractive employees. I'm not saying anything inappropriate was occurring, but there did seem to be a large favoritism that was based on how much attention key players received rather than the work being performed. I also didn't appreciate being asked to give a review online of my experience working there that was "honest but makes us look good." While I totally understand that there were a lot of disgruntled former employees that had been fired flaming the company, much like any other company, I felt deeply uncomfortable with being asked to do that. I later went on to work at a different SEO company. I was given more reasonable duties, better pay and felt my work was recognized, unlike at this company. I also don't like that I was often told to only do a certain amount of work for the clients based on what they paid the company rather than caring what results they received. If they continue to run their company in this manner, they will lose all of their clients. No company wants to pay for new to the scene inbound marketers with no SEO experience to figure out what doesn't work; they want to pay for the results the sales team promised them.

Treat your employees better. Looking over shoulders to catch them doing something wrong stunts creativity. I would also treat your clients better. When they pay for links, don't stop after an hour because it's "what they paid for." Stop when they get the RESULTS they paid for. It may also help to find managers that work directly with lower employees that work well with others and are more knowledgeable in the field rather than worked at the company a certain amount of time. Also, please listen to employees when they complain, especially when several in a row complain about the same thing. It's not a conspiracy; it's a problem.

Feb 25, 2014PR Manager

Dear former WebiMax employee,

Thank you for taking the time to review WebiMax on Glassdoor. We pride ourselves on having a fun and casual work environment. At the same time, we have very high
    ... More

Identify a niche and stick with it.

I worked at WebiMax full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Casual dress, friendly atmosphere, flexible hours.

Cons

Poor leadership, no cohesive business plan, inmates run the asylum while management is largely absent.

Become involved. Don't trust subordinates with little to no professional experience to lead and innovate. Identify something the company is good at and stick to it. Stop trying to do too many things.

Great place to work but underpaid

Former Employee - SEO Developer in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - SEO Developer in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at WebiMax full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere work place. I worked with very talented people and every day was different. Lots of clients and tasks to be completed. Paid vacations and lunch time. Very good people.

Cons

Low salary. Expensive healthcare and no sick days.

Improve the communication between departments.

Awesome place to work for a recent college grad...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at WebiMax

Pros

Employees are diverse, and the attitudes are super positive and friendly. Very casual, and not too stuck up. They train the less experienced, and give everyone a chance. They are open to teaching those who want to learn about the industry. This is where you begin to gain experience especially if you have never held a job. The owner of the company is a nice person, and doesn't put himself above the rest of the employees. The one place where you can speak directly to the owner.

Cons

If you have been in the workforce for a while, with experience, this is not where you want to be. You can expect to be compensated as an entry level employee regardless of your background. This more of a job and not a really much of a forever career. Promotions are not based on your performance, but on the need to fill positions, and favoritism; they will give a supervisor position to anyone, except to those who have experience and proven experience. Pay raises are often promised, but not delivered, and if you do get a raise, its not much. Many employees hold a second part-time job, because depending on the position you do not make enough for this to be your only job. Its disappointing considering the industry the company is in.

Compensation should be more competitive, and a solid pay scale needs to be established. A commission is not a bonus.

Solid Start, Great Atmosphere

Current Employee - Project Manager in Camden, NJ
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Camden, NJ

I have been working at WebiMax

Pros

When it comes to starting your professional career, WebiMax provides a great opportunity. For those who put in the effort, promotions and increased responsibility can be expected. Work environment is laid back and allows for comfortable communication. Flexible work schedule is a plus. If you care about doing the best possible job, you will be rewarded.

Cons

Workload can sometimes seem daunting — it is a sign that the company is thriving, but it can be discouraging/stressful.

If the Sales Team better defines services and manages expectations with incoming clients, we can expect an increased retention rate.

Dec 16, 2014Project Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review WebiMax on Glassdoor. We appreciate your feedback in our effort to continually improve.