WebiMax Reviews

Reset

1. Evolving Company in Growing Industry

Current Employee - Online Marketing Consultant in Camden, NJ
    Current Employee - Online Marketing Consultant in Camden, NJ

I have been working at WebiMax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Leadership that actually cares about delivering for its clients and keeping their employees happy! Very generous bonus structures and the ability to work from home. Great reputation within the industry with plans to continue to aggressively grow and expand their presence. New location is geographically convenient. New employees are welcomed with open arms and everyone seems to be willing to lend a helping hand.

Cons

The training program is pretty much non-existent. It seems to be at least acknowledged and have been told they plan to address it.

Advice to Management

Increase communication - especially for new employees - and create a formalized training program!

Nov 18, 2014 – Project Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review WebiMax on Glassdoor! We understand the importance of having a staff of talented and motivated workers. The digital marketing industry is fast changing and we ... More

Webimax, as an employer, has virtually zero redeeming qualities.

I worked at WebiMax

Pros

Ability to work from home so I didn't have to be surrounded by the mind-numbing sexism, homophobia, and general incompetency. I never had to worry about making substantial financial decisions in life like where to buy a house because I didn't make enough money to be given any financial freedom. Only the good employees get laid off (and yes, the layoffs are frequent and massive) -- if you demonstrate a disgustingly negligible amount of workmanship, it will be literally impossible for you to get fired. Yay, job security! The multiple completely nonexistent offices all around the globe.

Cons

You'll get paid pretty much nothing but expectations will be high. Those who excel are not rewarded, they are taken advantage of. If you make too much dough, you'll fall victim to the layoff hammer so they can replace you with someone who is desperate enough to work for less than your already meager salary. Management is a boys' club and you'll have to frequently endure insufferable anecdotes about how drunk everyone got in Sea Isle City, which will be told as your upper management pats one another on their respective behinds. You will be given "promotions" aka more responsibilities, but those do not come with pay raises, unless you count crying yourself to sleep as ample compensation.

Advice to Management

Get some rogaine

Dec 16, 2014 – Project Manager

Thanks for reviewing WebiMax on Glassdoor! We will take your feedback into account and are always looking to improve both internally and externally for our clients.

Good Company

Current Employee - SEO Project Manager in Camden, NJ
    Current Employee - SEO Project Manager in Camden, NJ

I have been working at WebiMax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Staff Friendly and Approachable Owner and Management Great work/life balance

Cons

Entry level employees are not the strongest co-workers

Advice to Management

Continue to hire quality people that will help grow the company and create opportunities for advancement.

Oct 23, 2014 – Project Manager

Thanks for taking the time to review WebiMax on Glassdoor. We appreciate your honest feedback. We take pride in having a talented team of hard working people. This feedback helps us continue to ... More

A good stepping stone

Former Employee - Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at WebiMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

flexible days off, can come in between 7:30 - 9 in the morning, a way to get your foot in the door for better opportunities, relaxed atmosphere (when the task list isn't too high) and some people were fabulous to work with, while others not so much, health insurance

Cons

terrible lack of professionalism, college mentality, horrible pay, white lies, no Christmas bonus, no direction, a joke of a raise

Advice to Management

stop lying to your coworkers and say get to the point. Get more involved in assisting them. That's not for all management though

Nov 13, 2014 – Project Manager

Dear former WebiMax employee, Thank you for taking the time to review WebiMax on Glassdoor. We are always working to improve so we sincerely appreciate the feedback. We understand the importance ... More

6. Great for starting out

Former Employee - SEO Content Writer in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - SEO Content Writer in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at WebiMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have a pretty flexible schedule, and if you're trying to start in the online writing/content writing industry you'll get a lot of new and professional experience.

Cons

Things seem to be going downhill there in general, when I first started there it was great. Then things just started to get worse.

Advice to Management

Departments need to work better together, and managers should listen to their employees more.

7. Project Manager

Current Employee - Project Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at WebiMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As project manager you do learn many different things and develop your skillset. You can strengthen your ability speaking with clients in person and on the phone, managing clients (expectations, deadlines, etc.), develop online marketing strategy and skills further, manage time efficiently, work on the small to-do's while keeping an eye on the big picture, work to deadlines. Time off is very generous and the work environment is fun, and supportive if you put in the time and effort and you show care for your clients to your colleagues and management. This is noticed. Contrary to what some reviewers say, management works hard to push the company forward and will meet you half way of you put in the effort. You are encouraged to work independently but the support network is there. Staff is quality, there are quality people that you want to work beside and you can develop solid relationships as a result.

Cons

The flow of information can improve regarding announcements and developments. The office space is older without much atmosphere, but that does not negatively impact the core experience. Pay for some positions can be neutral, but these are entry positions and as you develop, your salary grows along with your role and responsibilities.

Horrible

Former Employee - SEO Project Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - SEO Project Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at WebiMax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You make friends because you all go through the same thing together

Cons

I don't know where to start. -Horrible service -Horrible staff support -Horrible Management -Horrible Product Offering -Horrible Client Acquisition -Horrible Communication -Horrible Pay -Horrible Ethics

Advice to Management

Ken, if you read this. Fire your management immendiately. The company suffers because of them not because of the 'incompetent employees' Stop hiring your friends and start recruiting personnel like Gurzo who can offer value to the company. During my time at the company I witnessed some pretty horrible decision-making. I gave it my all, but after seeing how people actually think it made me run for the hills. Escalation practices are horrible. 75% of my time was put toward escalation calls that were doomed to fail. Stop firing clients. That is money going out the window for no reason. Take control, you were the only one I thought that was competent at finding a viable way to run the company. Operations was a mess, sales was good but we hired the wrong type of clients. I know you take what you can get, but sometimes its best to let the doomed ones go. It will help bring in more retainable and sustainable clientele. Right now, this process is causing employees to leave, bad reviews and ultimately a sense of distrust among the company. I don't know how some people are still working for you (from a lower level status) but those people deserve better and deserve more responsibility. This is a message to you, not to the people who go on glassdoor. Be smart and cut your losses while you can. Find your valuies and align them with your clienteles needs.

No Motivation

Former Employee - Anonymous in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at WebiMax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The atmosphere is generally low-key. By that I mean the dress code is essentially nonexistent and there are occasional parties.

Cons

Nobody has any idea what they're doing. You're criticized for thinking outside the box. Emphasis is exclusively on quantity; never quality. Mobility is minimal and based entirely on friendships rather than expertise. Tactics are completely experimental - nobody takes the time to test theories; they throw clients in head-first before knowing if the strategy works. The only form of accountability is the blame game.

Advice to Management

Actually pay attention to what's going on in your company.

10. A good start

I have been working at WebiMax

Pros

I credit this company as a good starting off point. You learn a lot in a fast-paced world of SEO. Great people work here.

Cons

It appears this company had too much success too quickly, which created quite rebound/shrinkage period. Cut back in benefits, pay, etc.

Advice to Management

Pay your talent. Else they're always going to find something better.

Mar 11, 2014 – PR Manager

Dear current WebiMax employee, Marketing, especially SEO, is definitely fast-paced, so we’re happy to hear that you are taking advantage of the agency lifestyle. We pride ourselves on having ... More

Okay work environment, poor pay, awful service

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at WebiMax full-time

Pros

As the first real full time job I had, it was a pretty good starting point. It was decently low pressure, PTO was easy to get approved, and my co-workers were all young like me, so the environment was pretty great. There appeared to be a lot of room for advancement (see below). There were also a lot of breaks, which was very helpful whenever I would be working on a particularly difficult project and need a cigarette.

Cons

While it appeared to be a lot of room for advancement, it was a facade. I wasn't being paid too well, and it seemed as though there was something blocking me from getting a promotion. All I could see in my way was a manager's attention toward some of the more attractive employees. I'm not saying anything inappropriate was occurring, but there did seem to be a large favoritism that was based on how much attention key players received rather than the work being performed. I also didn't appreciate being asked to give a review online of my experience working there that was "honest but makes us look good." While I totally understand that there were a lot of disgruntled former employees that had been fired flaming the company, much like any other company, I felt deeply uncomfortable with being asked to do that. I later went on to work at a different SEO company. I was given more reasonable duties, better pay and felt my work was recognized, unlike at this company. I also don't like that I was often told to only do a certain amount of work for the clients based on what they paid the company rather than caring what results they received. If they continue to run their company in this manner, they will lose all of their clients. No company wants to pay for new to the scene inbound marketers with no SEO experience to figure out what doesn't work; they want to pay for the results the sales team promised them.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better. Looking over shoulders to catch them doing something wrong stunts creativity. I would also treat your clients better. When they pay for links, don't stop after an hour because it's "what they paid for." Stop when they get the RESULTS they paid for. It may also help to find managers that work directly with lower employees that work well with others and are more knowledgeable in the field rather than worked at the company a certain amount of time. Also, please listen to employees when they complain, especially when several in a row complain about the same thing. It's not a conspiracy; it's a problem.

Feb 25, 2014 – PR Manager

Dear former WebiMax employee, Thank you for taking the time to review WebiMax on Glassdoor. We pride ourselves on having a fun and casual work environment. At the same time, we have very high ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed