WebiMax

WebiMax Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

WebiMax Founder & CEO Kenneth C. Wisnefski

Kenneth C. Wisnefski

Short-sighted company with no real vision. This is reflected in the way employees are treated.

SEO Project Manager (Former Employee) Mount Laurel, NJ

Pros-Ability to be a big fish in a small pond.
    -Good place to cut one's teeth professionally and gain work experience after college.
    -Relaxed atmosphere (most of the time)
    -Management very understanding and flexible regarding time off and working from home.

Cons-Upper management in general and CEO in particular suffer from extreme short-sightedness. New procedures and ways of doing things are often hastily introduced only to be scrapped a short time later. This makes for a hectic working environment and can complicate relations with clients.
    -Related to this: Company seems to prefer cheap, quick fixes to long-term and sustainable strategies.
    -No discernible pay scale exists. Salaries are arbitrary and frequently employees are paid far too little for their experience level and the work that they do.
    -Poor follow-up. Employees are often verbally offered exciting new career opportunities wtihin the company only to have them rescinded later or simply not followed up.
    -Random and inscrutable recruitment, hiring, and subsequent management process. Sometimes, very talented people are hired, and either taken advantage of or ignored. Quite often the company hires very amateurish people who have no business being in a professional environment.
    -Nepotism runs rampant at Webimax. Many employees are friends or relatives of the CEO and hired for that reason as opposed to any real qualifications.
    -Poor communication and a secretive environment.
    -CEO has an excessive fixation on his and the company's online reputation and media presence. There is more focus on the appearance of being a successful company than the reality of it. This filters down to even the lower rungs of the company.

Advice to Senior Management-Determine the business and services for which Webimax is best-suited and develop a long-term strategy around them.
    -Be more selective in the hiring process and pay and treat these employees well.
    -Spend less time promoting Webimax in the media and more time building and improving the company from within.

Always in a panic, rushing to get out reports because of lost work or crazy deadlines

Sales Support (Former Employee)

ProsReally cool info on PPC & SEO.

ConsSome many changes and everyone is always changing their jobs or titles. I had three bosses and none of them could do my job.....or bothered to learn it. They lost many clients and wrong information was always being sent out to clients or people they were trying to sign up. It's like walking around and every is angry, never know if the place is gonna close.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey would not listen or take advice. Ugh, they took my health benefits away too. Managers always in late and left early. New manager is always leaving early.

Disorganized and the Leadership is Null

Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) Mount Laurel, NJ

Proswhen I first started there, they were a smaller company and offered free coffee, some artistic freedom and paid for benefits with no contribution from the employee.

ConsBy the time of my departure, raises were cut out, we had to contribute half to our benefits (are salaries are a joke), no more free coffee, they were laying people off or firing them for trumped up reasons. They "re-organized teams 3 Times since last October with no real actual plan. Management has no idea of what they are doing, moral is down and they are still losing clients and bleeding money.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell the company off and go back to school to learn better business practices.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Could have been the best in the SEO field, but to sloppy

SEO Project Manager (Former Employee) Mount Laurel, NJ

ProsThe training and update to information is almost daily. They attempt to keep you up to date with latest trends. Casual dress and new lunch room.

ConsLower than standard pay with promises of more month after month. Constant meetings that produce no real work nor plan. VP and higher management had to no former training and the worse at being leaders. The owner is great in starting this company but the people he hired are just full of smoke. Closing offices and losing our clients due to lack of work. I have constantly asked for help with my projects and they shift the blame to other departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe owner needs to be there and working everyday and stand up to his untrained sloppy upper level of management. A HR director with her door shut? My Vice President that snaps before listening to the problem? A director that rewards popular but not producing project managers? The owner is just absent and this place is falling to the ground. Great if you want to be "cool" but no salary and their commission plan is pennies because of a weak sales team.

No Motivation

Anonymous (Former Employee) Mount Laurel, NJ

ProsThe atmosphere is generally low-key. By that I mean the dress code is essentially nonexistent and there are occasional parties.

ConsNobody has any idea what they're doing. You're criticized for thinking outside the box. Emphasis is exclusively on quantity; never quality. Mobility is minimal and based entirely on friendships rather than expertise. Tactics are completely experimental - nobody takes the time to test theories; they throw clients in head-first before knowing if the strategy works. The only form of accountability is the blame game.

Advice to Senior ManagementActually pay attention to what's going on in your company.

Too worried about it's online reputation, and not it's employees.

SEO Developer (Former Employee) Mount Laurel, NJ

ProsI seriously can't think of a single good thing to say about this company. Worst place I've ever worked.

ConsThe pay and the healthcare is horrible. The work environment is like a sweat shop, and you don't get long enough breaks. They have a very low budget and upper management is clueless and disorganized. They force employees to sit through daily pointless meetings, and nothing gets accomplished. The CEO, Ken Wisnefski, has no clue how manage the company or how to handle negative feedback.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop posting fake company reviews, and censoring real reviews. If you want to be liked then you need to make some major changes to the company, but at this point it's probably too late.

Avoid at all cost. CEO and management team misleads employees and clients.

SEO Project Manager (Current Employee) Mount Laurel, NJ

ProsMaybe they can turn things around. Other employees there are really nice, but they feel the same way and are looking to exit too.

ConsManagement and CEO mislead employees into thinking they will earn more.

More importantly CEO misleads clients on how they can perform. They sell at whatever price they can attract a client and then forget about the project once it is sold.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop lying to clients and employees.

Sinking ship

ProsThe next company that moves in is going to have a huge, beautiful space to work with.

ConsSalesmen that sell contracts that have nothing to do with what the client actually needs. Upper management with no idea how to run a business, how to fix problems, or how to relate to employees without trying to scare them in to doing a better job. Constantly changing policies. Zero communication between anyone. Constant layoffs. Terrible Morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementClose the doors

Worked for WebiMax? Contribute to the Community!