WebiMax

www.webimax.com

I love my position and feel that I have opportunities for growth daily.

Current Employee - Content Writer in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Content Writer in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at WebiMax

Pros

Webimax has a healthy work environment, amazing management and phenomenal services. Webimax is a company that believes in its employees and the work that they do.

Cons

Honestly, I have no seen a downside in the months I have been employed at Webimax. I love the company, it's goals and the tasks assigned to me.

Keep up the good work. The management team at Webimax is the best I have ever worked for. I couldn't be more happy with my job.

Solid Start, Great Atmosphere

Current Employee - Project Manager in Camden, NJ
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Camden, NJ

I have been working at WebiMax

Pros

When it comes to starting your professional career, WebiMax provides a great opportunity. For those who put in the effort, promotions and increased responsibility can be expected. Work environment is laid back and allows for comfortable communication. Flexible work schedule is a plus. If you care about doing the best possible job, you will be rewarded.

Cons

Workload can sometimes seem daunting — it is a sign that the company is thriving, but it can be discouraging/stressful.

If the Sales Team better defines services and manages expectations with incoming clients, we can expect an increased retention rate.

Dec 16, 2014Project Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review WebiMax on Glassdoor. We appreciate your feedback in our effort to continually improve.

Good Company

Current Employee - SEO Project Manager in Camden, NJ
    Current Employee - SEO Project Manager in Camden, NJ

I have been working at WebiMax full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great Staff
    Friendly and Approachable Owner and Management
    Great work/life balance

Cons

Entry level employees are not the strongest co-workers

Continue to hire quality people that will help grow the company and create opportunities for advancement.

Oct 23, 2014Project Manager

Thanks for taking the time to review WebiMax on Glassdoor. We appreciate your honest feedback. We take pride in having a talented team of hard working people. This feedback helps us continue to ... More

Great for starting out

Former Employee - SEO Content Writer in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - SEO Content Writer in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at WebiMax full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They have a pretty flexible schedule, and if you're trying to start in the online writing/content writing industry you'll get a lot of new and professional experience.

Cons

Things seem to be going downhill there in general, when I first started there it was great. Then things just started to get worse.

Departments need to work better together, and managers should listen to their employees more.

Great Atmosphere

I have been working at WebiMax full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There is a great environment here. There is a lot of room to advance with a lot of room to learn new things within the industry. Getting time off is not hard and they are very understanding of PTO. There is very little pressure when it comes to getting things done. They have new wood desks for everyone which makes the office look cool. There is even an arcade game in the kitchen. Vending machines with drinks, snacks or frozen food is available along with a vending machine for drinks. They provide free coffee as well.

Cons

There seems to be a constant fear of lay-off and people seem to fear upper management. There has been broken promises and the pay is at an extreme minimum. At times, it seems like upper management roams around wanting to find some one slip-up when they could instead be busy getting important work done. Once was a newsletter which was great to learn about company updates, but that is now gone.

Pay can be better, most people are barely getting by.

Mar 5, 2014PR Manager

Dear current WebiMax employee,

Great news – the Newsletter is officially back! We heard buzz around the office that our employees miss it so we have decided to resurrect it in 2014.

We’re happy

The Owner is Dedicated to his Clients

Current Employee - SEO Developer in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - SEO Developer in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at WebiMax full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Push for great results for clients and dedicated to customer support to have successful campaigns.

Cons

not much to complain about with the company.

Decent, but could be better

I worked at WebiMax

Pros

Comfortable environment to work within

Cons

No room for growth, Project Managers can be unprofessional

A good start

I have been working at WebiMax

Pros

I credit this company as a good starting off point. You learn a lot in a fast-paced world of SEO. Great people work here.

Cons

It appears this company had too much success too quickly, which created quite rebound/shrinkage period. Cut back in benefits, pay, etc.

Pay your talent. Else they're always going to find something better.

Mar 11, 2014PR Manager

Dear current WebiMax employee,

Marketing, especially SEO, is definitely fast-paced, so we’re happy to hear that you are taking advantage of the agency lifestyle. We pride ourselves on having
    ... More

Okay work environment, poor pay, awful service

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at WebiMax full-time

Pros

As the first real full time job I had, it was a pretty good starting point. It was decently low pressure, PTO was easy to get approved, and my co-workers were all young like me, so the environment was pretty great. There appeared to be a lot of room for advancement (see below). There were also a lot of breaks, which was very helpful whenever I would be working on a particularly difficult project and need a cigarette.

Cons

While it appeared to be a lot of room for advancement, it was a facade. I wasn't being paid too well, and it seemed as though there was something blocking me from getting a promotion. All I could see in my way was a manager's attention toward some of the more attractive employees. I'm not saying anything inappropriate was occurring, but there did seem to be a large favoritism that was based on how much attention key players received rather than the work being performed. I also didn't appreciate being asked to give a review online of my experience working there that was "honest but makes us look good." While I totally understand that there were a lot of disgruntled former employees that had been fired flaming the company, much like any other company, I felt deeply uncomfortable with being asked to do that. I later went on to work at a different SEO company. I was given more reasonable duties, better pay and felt my work was recognized, unlike at this company. I also don't like that I was often told to only do a certain amount of work for the clients based on what they paid the company rather than caring what results they received. If they continue to run their company in this manner, they will lose all of their clients. No company wants to pay for new to the scene inbound marketers with no SEO experience to figure out what doesn't work; they want to pay for the results the sales team promised them.

Treat your employees better. Looking over shoulders to catch them doing something wrong stunts creativity. I would also treat your clients better. When they pay for links, don't stop after an hour because it's "what they paid for." Stop when they get the RESULTS they paid for. It may also help to find managers that work directly with lower employees that work well with others and are more knowledgeable in the field rather than worked at the company a certain amount of time. Also, please listen to employees when they complain, especially when several in a row complain about the same thing. It's not a conspiracy; it's a problem.

Feb 25, 2014PR Manager

Dear former WebiMax employee,

Thank you for taking the time to review WebiMax on Glassdoor. We pride ourselves on having a fun and casual work environment. At the same time, we have very high
    ... More

Identify a niche and stick with it.

I worked at WebiMax full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Casual dress, friendly atmosphere, flexible hours.

Cons

Poor leadership, no cohesive business plan, inmates run the asylum while management is largely absent.

Become involved. Don't trust subordinates with little to no professional experience to lead and innovate. Identify something the company is good at and stick to it. Stop trying to do too many things.