WebiMax

WebiMax Founder & CEO Kenneth C. Wisnefski
Kenneth C. Wisnefski

Sinking ship

I have been working at WebiMax full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The next company that moves in is going to have a huge, beautiful space to work with.

Cons

Salesmen that sell contracts that have nothing to do with what the client actually needs. Upper management with no idea how to run a business, how to fix problems, or how to relate to employees without trying to scare them in to doing a better job. Constantly changing policies. Zero communication between anyone. Constant layoffs. Terrible Morale.

Close the doors

Identify a niche and stick with it.

I worked at WebiMax full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Casual dress, friendly atmosphere, flexible hours.

Cons

Poor leadership, no cohesive business plan, inmates run the asylum while management is largely absent.

Become involved. Don't trust subordinates with little to no professional experience to lead and innovate. Identify something the company is good at and stick to it. Stop trying to do too many things.

Great place to work but underpaid

Former Employee - SEO Developer in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - SEO Developer in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at WebiMax full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great atmosphere work place. I worked with very talented people and every day was different. Lots of clients and tasks to be completed. Paid vacations and lunch time. Very good people.

Cons

Low salary. Expensive healthcare and no sick days.

Improve the communication between departments.

Great reputation in a growing field with a casual, can-do atmosphere.

Current Employee - SEO & Social Media Strategist in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - SEO & Social Media Strategist in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at WebiMax full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Community, collegiality, cameraderie.
    Open to new services, product development, sharper practices.
    Advancement from within, rewards for knowledge gained and applied.
    Still a young company. Established entrepreneur at the helm.
    Growth during down economy.

Cons

Rte. 73 can be a bit of a snarl for morning commute. Internal re-orgs keep things fresh but can be a bit disruptive.

Continue to distinguish our practice as professional and top of our field. Build better bridges to the international aspects of our business, especially UK, EU, Australia.

The Owner is Dedicated to his Clients

Current Employee - SEO Developer in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - SEO Developer in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at WebiMax full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Push for great results for clients and dedicated to customer support to have successful campaigns.

Cons

not much to complain about with the company.

This is a very good place to work with the ability to move up fast.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at WebiMax full-time (more than an year)

Pros

People, Enviroment, Cutting Edge IT Field

Cons

Upper Management, Hardware, Cubicle Enviroment

Need real management and leadership.

Always in a panic, rushing to get out reports because of lost work or crazy deadlines

Former Employee - Sales Support
    Former Employee - Sales Support

I worked at WebiMax

Pros

Really cool info on PPC & SEO.

Cons

Some many changes and everyone is always changing their jobs or titles. I had three bosses and none of them could do my job.....or bothered to learn it. They lost many clients and wrong information was always being sent out to clients or people they were trying to sign up. It's like walking around and every is angry, never know if the place is gonna close.

They would not listen or take advice. Ugh, they took my health benefits away too. Managers always in late and left early. New manager is always leaving early.

Awesome place to work for a recent college grad...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at WebiMax

Pros

Employees are diverse, and the attitudes are super positive and friendly. Very casual, and not too stuck up. They train the less experienced, and give everyone a chance. They are open to teaching those who want to learn about the industry. This is where you begin to gain experience especially if you have never held a job. The owner of the company is a nice person, and doesn't put himself above the rest of the employees. The one place where you can speak directly to the owner.

Cons

If you have been in the workforce for a while, with experience, this is not where you want to be. You can expect to be compensated as an entry level employee regardless of your background. This more of a job and not a really much of a forever career. Promotions are not based on your performance, but on the need to fill positions, and favoritism; they will give a supervisor position to anyone, except to those who have experience and proven experience. Pay raises are often promised, but not delivered, and if you do get a raise, its not much. Many employees hold a second part-time job, because depending on the position you do not make enough for this to be your only job. Its disappointing considering the industry the company is in.

Compensation should be more competitive, and a solid pay scale needs to be established. A commission is not a bonus.

WebiMax is an exciting place to work!

Current Employee - Sales Support
    Current Employee - Sales Support

I have been working at WebiMax

Pros

Working for a newer company in an ever-changing industry in and of itself is exciting and rewarding. On top of that WebiMax offers a casual work environment, flexible schedules, and many "perks" you don't get at other companies (Free K-cup coffee, work from home days, Holidays off that other places don't honor, inter-office catered parties, free lunches, and even massages for doing a good job). Everyone is friendly and a pleasure to work with. Upper management welcomes and values individual thoughts and input. WebiMax is truly the best "job" I've ever had.

Cons

It's not really a con but if you are someone who is resistant to change or likes monotony then this is not the industry for you.

Thank you for creating an enjoyable place to come to work every day. I'm excited to see what the future holds for us and am confident the company and the people who work here are in good hands.

Great People = Great Company

Current Employee - Business Develop Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Business Develop Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at WebiMax

Pros

I've been apart of the WebiMax Family for 3+ years, and have grown with the company. The owner makes it a point to know each of his employees that work for him, holds company wide meetings to give updates on WebiMax, our industry and competitors. He is a leader! The employees are students of there own game. we are in an industry that is changing all the time, employees are sharing info they find, success stories with clients. its our team that makes us stand out.

Cons

There aren't really any "cons", I would say that remembering to track time we spend on clients account is a pain, i forget to do so a lot. Salesforce is a con (ha)

My advice would be to continue to mingle with the employees, have the company lunches so we all talk, i like the lunch and learns also, great time to site with the your coworkers and hold a training class.