Webmarketing123 Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.6
Paul Taylor

Great Place to Work and Grow!

Current Employee - Director of Business Development in Emeryville, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Business Development in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Webmarketing123 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been at Webmarketing123 going on 7 years . During that time I have seen a lot of ups and downs as can be seen in the reviews below. Like many companies, you have people who are going to love you and people who don't. What I can tell you is that this company takes great pride in delivering superior Digital Marketing services and cares about the people delivering those results. And in our industry of transient workers changing jobs every 6 months chasing job titles and a few extra dollars, someone who looks out for your well being and genuinely wants you to be a part of a long term relationship means a lot. I look forward to being a part of the next 7 years of driving demand generation strategies for companies that need help!

Cons

Nobody drinks the soy milk in the fridge - quit ordering it!

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your staff and Sr. leaders driving the business. Allow them to own the results good and bad and learn from the mistakes.

Amazing Co-Workers, Great Opportunity for Career Growth

I have been working at Webmarketing123

Pros

- The people are the best part about working here. Everyone is fun, friendly, and very supportive. - Because it's a small, fast-growing company, there is ample opportunity for career growth. - If you're a proactive self-starter, you can make a big impact on the company.

Cons

- Work-life balance can be tough at times, but I think that's to be expected at a small agency.

Advice to Management

Keep working hard!

Awesome place to work

Current Employee - Office Manager in Emeryville, CA
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Webmarketing123

Pros

You will work with some really talented people. The work is challenging and rewarding. The team is really supportive of each other. You will learn a lot and have room to grow. Good culture, people like to have fun and hang out together in and out of the office. If you live in the east bay, its a great work location. Good benefits & perks Awesome people

Cons

At times people work long hours but that typical of working for an Agency!

Advice to Management

Keeping working together

Not sure why I'm working here

Former Employee - SEM Manager in Emeryville, CA
    Former Employee - SEM Manager in Emeryville, CA

I worked at Webmarketing123 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Laid back atmosphere - Periodic small parties planned by the wonderful office manager

Cons

- Very unhealthy work-life balance with 60-70 hour work weeks - SEO and sales departments are jokes, dunno which one is the bigger joke - SEO is full of unqualified campaign managers who don’t know anything about SEO and rely solely on outsourced labor in India to execute outdated SEO "strategies" while complaining about having to rewrite broken English recommendations - Sales/lead gen department is pretty much the blind leading the blind (same could be said of SEO to a certain extent); sales leadership seems to focus only on using snake oil sales tactics to pressure prospects into signing contracts while hiring know-nothings to make hundreds of cold calls to people on purchased email lists

Advice to Management

- Stop obsessing about profit margins and impossible 98% retention goals and start actually obsessing about results that can be produced by quality staff - Hire qualified and skilled people to staff accounts instead of settling for paying incompetent people - Get a real plan to help employees career growth instead of focusing only on arbitrary client retention goals - Stop wasting money on wining and dining prospective clients with overpriced steak dinners and happy hours

You'll work with some truly great people.

Current Employee - Accounting & Administrative Assistant in Emeryville, CA
    Current Employee - Accounting & Administrative Assistant in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Webmarketing123 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been at Webmarketing123 for over a year now, and although I'm planning to move back to the East Coast to be closer to my family, I'm incredibly sad to leave all of the great people who work here. Management may be young, but they genuinely care about those who work under them and want their teams to succeed. People work hard here, as with any smaller-sized company, but those who succeed are recognized and are rewarded with significant pay bumps after they’ve proven themselves. Employees are also given a lot of responsibility, and they learn a lot in their time here. Everyone who works here (even the managers and CEO) are all friendly, down to earth people who want to hear about how your vacation was and to celebrate with you when something big happens. I'll definitely miss it here.

Cons

Employees in different departments don’t intermingle much besides workplace joking and hanging out in the kitchen. Employees tend to stay with the people in their teams. I think the company would benefit by bringing the departments closer together, and by providing a better support/backup system.

Advice to Management

Bring back the reoccurring company events. It made the workplace a lot more fun and let people blow off steam.

Unhealthy Workaholic environment

Former Employee - SEO Account Manager in Emeryville, CA
    Former Employee - SEO Account Manager in Emeryville, CA

I worked at Webmarketing123 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

new hires generally start with a managerial title (ex: account managers)

Cons

Really unhealthy environment. The company lost a lot of big clients over the last couple of years. Most of senior management has left. The bosses, especially the Company CEO, are always angry/ stressed. The employees are overworked and unhappy. This company uses people and burns them out. They don’t care about creating teams. They exploit the enthusiasm of young people and dry them up. One telltale sign that this company is unhealthy is that its contractors rarely stay with it for more than a year. Recently, they've had so many people quit or get laid-off that they had to do a company-wide reorganization. As an incentive to stay with the company, the entry level employees that were still around became senior managers . The mid-level employees became directors.

Advice to Management

I don't know where to begin. I think this company is on the brink of folding at any moment.

Fast growing, work hard, play hard work environment with great opportunities

I have been working at Webmarketing123 full-time

Pros

- Fun work environment that does not feel corporate, great employees - Opportunities to learn new skills and reach new heights - Self-starters do very well; if you want to own it, you can most likely do it - Fast growing company so constant improvement and opportunities for advancement

Cons

- Sometimes long hours as a small company doesn't have infinite budget and there are sometimes swings in new business - Still a growing company (only 10 yrs old) so not everything is perfect. Still working out the kinks and catching up with the fast growth.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in the top employees and keep them challenged and involved, maintain the fun culture, and focus on selling to the ideal customers.

So far... So Good...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Webmarketing123 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I joined Webmarketing 123 in 2013. The first thing I noticed was the desire, passion, and patience of the leadership team. The next thing that immediately came to mind was my new colleague’s deep knowledge of search marketing. I was involved in internet marketing as early as 1999 but left after a few years to pursue other interests. Things have definitely changed since then. And they seem to be changing or evolving continually. The good news is that the team leaders here not only soak up all the latest developments, but they also make sure that there is cross departmental awareness of digital marketing developments period. Trainings are encouraged, sometimes even mandatory and it pays off for our clients. With all of the hard work we put in we are rewarded with fun events which can take place on or off site. Unlike the trainings, these are not mandatory by any means. The overall culture here is inclusive. The part of our business culture that I appreciate most is the overarching desire to build strategic and scalable ROI driven programs that can make partners out of our clients. This allows both parties to benefit from the investment made in signing with Webmarketing 123. I’ve worked in digital marketing in NYC, London, and San Francisco. I can say from experience that Webmarketing 123 leadership has integrity as well as a desire to succeed. On a side note, our CEO is known to stop by your desk with a smile and ask you about your weekend. He’ll also congratulate you personally on your work, or offer insights if you ask for them, or seem to be struggling in any way.

Cons

If you can work somewhat autonomously, and get your job done (hit your numbers etc.) you’ll love it. When you come together with your team to share your work it better be on point. If you’re willing to work hard you’ll have the respect of your team, and be rewarded for your diligence. There's no hand holding. You better know your stuff.

Advice to Management

More one on one meetings

Great Culture, High-Growth Company in High-Growth Industry

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Webmarketing123 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Digital marketing is a high-growth industry, and being the 9th fastest growing company in the Bay Area last year, we're poised for more growth this year. If you work hard, connect personally with clients, and find ways to help outside of your specific job title, there is a lot of opportunity to move up.

Cons

Given the nature of our industry, there will always be ups and downs. Need to figure out ways to minimize down periods and optimize high-growth periods.

Advice to Management

Create a good structure for movement within the company. Keep promoting from within while finding high-quality candidates to join the team.

Amazing company culture

I have been working at Webmarketing123

Pros

Great cross-communication between various departments of the company and individuals will go out of their way to answer questions and provide mentorship.

Cons

You have to be able to juggle various projects and you have to be able to work independently without a supervisor constantly monitoring your actions.

Advice to Management

Keep recruiting top talent from local universities.

RSS Feed </> Embed