Webuyanycar.com USA

Updated August 4, 2014
Updated August 4, 2014
2.4

Brian Dworetsky

Great place to work. Changes are good.

Current Employee - Corporate in Media, PA
    Current Employee - Corporate in Media, PA

I have been working at Webuyanycar.com USA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone is very passionate about what they are doing. It is very hard to get bored as there are so many challenges that come up with a newer business. There is a very diverse group of people.

Cons

The job can be stressful at times given that there is so much going on.

It would be nice to have life and disability insurance that I have had with other employers.

Jul 1, 2014Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to review the company!

We are pleased to announce that effective August 1st, all company employees, both in the corporate office and in our branches, will be provided
    ... More

Run and DO NOT look back.

I worked at Webuyanycar.com USA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

In all honesty, there are very few pros. Get to see a lot of different vehicles and test drive them.

Cons

Awful company from COO to the branch managers. Bait and switch business model. Upper management have unrealistic expectations. Everything you are told from day one is a lie. Worst experience of my life. Please take my advice and stay away. You will lie, be stressed, and hate the job.

Put yourself in the branch manager position and double think how you treat your employees. Maybe implement a drug policy ��

Aug 11, 2014Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to review the company.

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time working here. Your experience seems to be rare and unfortunate.

We have many

Sinking Ship,

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Media, PA
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Media, PA

I worked at Webuyanycar.com USA full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are no real pro's. This company will lie, cheat, and steal from you. All talk and no action, they dangle the carrot of expansion and promise that things will improve. Nothing is going to improve its a bait and switch business model that won't last. Upper level management does not know what they're doing. They even asked us to go online and post fake reviews about the company.

Cons

Micromanagement, unrealistic expectations, and no work life balance. Unprofessionalism from the top down. Every thing they say is a lie. Stay away. You never will get 2 days off in a row and no real holiday time. You will have off holidays but will have to work your normal day off. There is no incentive to make money here, the commissions are an absolute joke. Most of the reviews here are fake and put there by upper level management. They closed down a whole area in New York with no warning to employees. There is no career growth, the compensation is a joke, and there is no work life balance. Senior management has no clue how to operate a business.

Act like a professional. Stop lying and stealing from your employees. Stop talking about expansion like its actually going to happen. The upper management is unprofessional and that trickles down. The culture and values here are worse than at a shady used car dealership. You can put on a mask and act all you want but the gig is up people know what this company is all about.

Jul 21, 2014Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your review of the company.

I wanted to take this opportunity to respond to what you wrote. One of the main reasons why webuyanycar.com has become the destination that thousands of
    ... More

Getting in on the ground floor

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Webuyanycar.com USA full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Excellent growth opportunity
    -A competitive starting salary & a great commission structure
    -True control over your income

Cons

-The middle of the week when occasionally there are less appointments

Jul 1, 2014Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to review the company!

We really do pride ourselves in providing our branch employees with a wonderful opportunity not just to provide great customer service to our

OK

Former Employee - Branch Manager
    Former Employee - Branch Manager

I worked at Webuyanycar.com USA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay for the type of work

Cons

Can get very boring

Need better training for their employees

Newly hired employee

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Webuyanycar.com USA

Pros

Been working for WBAC for a few months now, so far so good.
    Pay is good and good performance makes it even better.
    If you like to work and be productive your paycheck will resemble that.
    you pretty much are you're own boss being that you dictate the traffic of customers in your branch and you ultimately are responsible for how much you earn each month.
    Everyone in the company is friendly, helpful, and caring.
    It feels like a huge corporate family where you can go to anyone for help in any circumstance and they're more than happy to do so.

Cons

Since the company is still new, there are a few IT issues that arise in sometimes the worst scenarios possible.
    Working Saturdays.

For commission metrics: get rid of arrival rate and add in Profit Per Car. This way we don't get held accountable for fake/duplicate appointments and don't have to keep 100 back pocket notes everywhere instead of making appointments and keeping things organized. Also, if we are measured on PPU, employees will hit cars more accurately instead of missing things to get a deal. In the long run, measuring PPU will both increase the employee's AND the company's net worth.

Company has no future

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Webuyanycar.com USA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You aren't micromanaged for the most part, your area manager will stop in maybe once a month.
    Get to see some cool cars every once in a while.
    Job is easy.

Cons

This company is currently a sinking ship. Webuyanycar has already closed more offices than it has opened, and the current outlook of the company looks grim. Although this business model did have some potential, the advertising costs in the US will just prevent the company from ever being profitable. Some of the higher volume branches might be slightly profitable here and there a few months out of the year, but for the most part branches just lose money like crazy every single month even when it is a good month. It is a shame but it really is only a matter of time before the owners cut their losses and dissolve this bad investment.

Stop dangling the carrot on a stick of growth potential and room for advancement, because as it stands there is none.

Decent entry level position. Not ideal for career minded individual who wants to move up.

I worked at Webuyanycar.com USA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Learning the used car business and how To assess cars. Working without having to see management. You might see your manager once every 4-6 weeks.

Cons

Metric system is flawed. If a customer books a appointment and doesn't show or cancels it is the employee's fault even if it is out of the control of the employee.
    Company is a IT company but always has IT issues. Computer crashes and needs to be rebooted 5-6 times daily.
    Company always talks about growth potential and developing future area managers for other markets. The truth is they closed more branches then they opened in the year I was there. They closed the New York, Virginia and Baltimore markets during the time I was there which was close to 25 locations. Before I worked there they closed Atlanta, Boston and Indianapolis markets. They already tried these markets outside of Philadelphia and failed and aren't going back so growth is not there outside of being a entry level position for people out of college.

GOOD PAY, GREAT SERVICE, BAD MANAGEMENT

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Willow Grove, PA
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Willow Grove, PA

I worked at Webuyanycar.com USA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Opportunity to develop true multi tasking skills
    Able to create your own work environment
    Unimited potential earnings

Cons

Management keeps too many secrets
    Training is mediocre at best
    Weekends are never available

Listen to your employees to make key decisions. Give more control to representatives in order to make sales.

The real scoop on the company

Current Employee - Area Manager
    Current Employee - Area Manager

I have been working at Webuyanycar.com USA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

* REAL growth opportunity. I have been here from the beginning and have witnessed significant growth in our metrics, size, and especially personnel. Career paths are clearly outlined and future gowth is reseved for top performers and leaders. Management pushes you to be the best and puts you in position to attain those future roles as we grow. It is up to you to get there.
    * Being on the ground floor of something that will be huge. No one else is doing this and the service is easy to sell. Our customers see the value and common sense shows that this can be done anywhere. We want to grow faster but feel we have learned a great deal and are doing it right and getting better as we move forward. In my opinion, we have always moved forward and continue to minimize our bumps in the road. We
    * Empowerment, increased responsibilities, ownership of your business and performance.
    * Team oriented atmosphere.
    * Not micromanaged but can always seek the guidance needed to improve in anything.
    * Not feeling like a used car salesman. Dynamic position that garners customer respect, daily challenges, and many goals within reach to accomplish. Little redundancy.
    * Pay is good compared to most entry level and mid management positions out there. You get out what you put into it. Commissions are challenging but attainable and pay substantially increases the further you move up.

Cons

* Better/quicker communication on any process changes, etc.

Continue to push the envelope with us daily to get where we are destined to go quicker.

Webuyanycar.com USA Photos