Webuyanycar.com USA Reviews

Craig Remar

The Honest Truth

Current Employee - Area Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Webuyanycar.com USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

* There is a lot of opportunity here, but you have to be the right person for the job to succeed. The company is newer (nearly a startup) and, as such, more work is required at every level than at a similar large company. You don't have a team of 10 people to split the work of one person's job.

* The tradeoff is the responsibility gained, opportunity for rapid advancement, and ability to revolutionize an entire industry. There is no way I would be responsible for a huge chunk of this business at my age in any large company. Most companies in the automotive industry require 5+ years of experience to manage a branch, probably more to manage a branch alone if such an opportunity even exists elsewhere.

* If you do well at the branch level, you will eventually move up, as the company hasn't expanded past 7 states yet. We promote from within in the operations department, as we are the only business of our type in the US; no one outside our company has the ideal experience to manage our branch managers.

* Starting out, you manage the entire branch by yourself and learn to run a business from the ground up. You alone are responsible for profitability, goal-setting and achievement, local marketing, and most other facets of the business. The majority of negative posters here were not ready for that. It can be overwhelming. Our "entry-level" management trainee position is a pretty quick progression to branch manager, which requires rapid development of skills that are well beyond entry-level.

* You will have opportunities to train others and manage an entire area (city metro area) when the opportunity arises with expansion. That is basically senior management, and all of our current area managers started as management trainees or branch managers and got there in 1-3 years. A lot of our current managers, and those who join up prior to nationwide expansion will probably get very rich here.

Cons

* There is a communication problem here, and we're all at fault. It occurs from the top down, from the bottom up, and especially between departments. Sometimes the company communicates goals and changes as if there are thousands of employees here. The company is much smaller than that, and can do better. Sometimes employees communicate a lot more complaints than solutions. We have to solve, rather than blame. I have personally brought this up and the company is committed to working out the kinks. As operations employees, we have to be committed to doing the same. In defense of us all, we're the only business in the country that I'm aware of that is operating this business model to scale. There are going to be some issues - we're all relatively new at this.

* Expansion doesn't happen as fast as any of us would like it to, but that is expected. We're getting there faster now than ever before.

* Days can be very long at times, but if you enjoy what you do here, you will realize the value of your time investment.

* Running the entire branch or an area by yourself is difficult and requires you to wear a variety of hats. It can be intimidating for managers who are getting their first taste of being in charge. It's not easy and requires an entrepreneur's mindset.

* It's a small company, so the rewards come with growth, not immediately. Waiting for that next promotion has taken patience, but we're growing more rapidly now than at any time since our inception.

Advice to Management

* Profitability is key, and must continue to be our focus. We're there and ready to expand, so keep fighting the good fight and revolutionizing the automotive industry.

* Communicate our values more regularly so no one begins to act in a way that is unethical, gets caught and fired, and comes on glassdoor to blame the company for something they perceived to be part of their job.

* Make sure employees know that they are not only encouraged to communicate problems, but to solve them. Complaints can get the discussion rolling, which is positive, but efficient solutions can tackle the problem. These often come from the field. Make sure employees see something done about their ideas. Even if the idea is a "bad idea" (of negative value to the company), the resulting discussion with the employee should educate them as to why, which is of positive value to the company and the employee.

* Good and experienced branch managers have a wealth of information that can only be earned by the day-to-day management of a successful branch. Keep them, and the operations department, informed of all decisions. Allow branch-level input whenever feasible. Branch managers are the employees whose workflow is altered the most by changes made at the corporate level, because they are the ones tasked with making it happen.

* Keep the focus on the customer, just as it is now, through the expansion process. I have never been more satisfied with my work and what I can do for others than I am here. Webuyanycar.com is going to be the premier destination for customers to sell their vehicles nationwide, just as it is now in our branches from New Jersey to Atlanta!

Senior Branch Manager

Current Employee - Senior Branch Manager in Phila, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Branch Manager in Phila, PA

I have been working at Webuyanycar.com USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive salary with escalators based on performance, full benefits packages, 401K plan, flexible paid time off and floating holidays, cooperative & tight knit work environment, on the job training, sales focused, great amount of independence, responsibility for your own personal branch, chances to grow within the company and even move to other areas in the country.

I have worked for a few different entry level jobs before landing with webuyanycar.com a couple of years ago. A lot of those prior jobs seemed all the same to me with micro managing bosses, terrible schedules that had me working 60 hours a week for minimal rewards and limited chances to advance and earn more income. In the 2 years since I have been with the company in the greater Philadelphia area I have worked my way up from an Management Trainee, to being Manager of my own Branch, to my current position as a Senior Branch Manager. It was not an easy climb to make and there is competition as you might expect, but I worked hard to learn the business, mastered my craft, and was rewarded for my efforts in very minimal amount of time compared to my past 2 jobs. In those jobs I barely scratched the surface despite the same amount of effort being put into the job itself. The difference here is that the competition you face is realistic in the size and the opportunities to grow are there for those who work hard and dedicate themselves to improving. The cream rises to the top at webuyanycar,com and talent never overlooked or under appreciated. Aside from that, I really like the group of guys I work with. We have hung out off the clock many times, we have fantasy football and baseball leagues, we have met each others' families and I found it to be overall very tight knit. That is something I have not seen at all in my past work experiences. The Area Managers even take us all out on occasion off the clock so we can get to chat face to face and talk shop.

Most people that post on Glassdoor tend to post their emotions once they are no longer with the company. I can understand their frustration, but some of the things I read on here could not be further from the truth of what we do here. Our reviews on trust pilot and google speak for themselves. I honestly feel the people that are ripping into this job are those that were expecting immediate returns on limited investments. Where are you ever going to find that nowadays in all honesty? If you respect the grind and work hard then you will be rewarded in this job. It is that simple here. I decided to post because a lot of reviews I have read on here tended to be very different experiences from the one I am currently having. They are entitled to their opinions, as I am entitled to my own, but all I can say is that there are 2 sides to every story and I enjoy my career and look forward to a bright future with webuyanycar.com.

Cons

There are cons with every job out there obviously. Webuyanycar.com is no different. I have to work most Saturdays and late on some nights when customers chose to come in right before we close. Those days lead to some longer hours for sure, but the sense of accomplishment I feel by helping my team in the numbers and the admiration I get from upper management make up for that to me. Making that extra effort allowed me to climb the ranks as quickly as I did, Other than that, they are not currently matching on the 401K plans unfortunately, but I am sure that will come down the road with continued growth. Dealing with general public can always be tough, but especially when significant amounts of money are involved. Those exchanges are not always pleasant, but it comes with the territory and I am used to it by now. I dealt with similar if not worse working at a rental car company.

Advice to Management

Continue to push for growth in other markets, work towards matching 401K's on at least a small level, allow those who make it to the level of Senior Branch Manager the chance to earn more with incentive based performance escalators for the best of the best. Greater communication throughout the company.

Senior Branch Manager/Pittsburgh

I have been working at Webuyanycar.com USA

Pros

Company is well known in my market due
    Commitment to marketing company
    Great coworkers and manager
    I really enjoy what I do and make a good income

Cons

Not a simple job but I like that because I like to be challenged. Wish I had more time in the day so I could buy more cars!

May 5, 2015Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your review of the company! I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our organization.

Quite a few of our employees tell me that they like the fact that their work

5. Senior Branch Manager

I have been working at Webuyanycar.com USA full-time

Pros

Good for gaining experience and starting a career. Get to learn sales techniques, customer service skills, management, assessing cars is fun. Money is decent.

Cons

Not much room for advancement although they are looking into other areas currently. Starting to micromanage everything so its a lot different then it used to be.

Advice to Management

No need to micromanage everything. Have more faith in your field managers.

May 5, 2015Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to review the company!

I appreciate you sharing some of your thoughts as to what it is like to be an employee here at webuyanycar.com. Our career opportunity really
    ... More

Young, fun place to work!

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Webuyanycar.com USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has a very young workforce
    We have a relaxed dress code
    Not stuck behind a desk staring at a computer screen all day
    Good money for a recent college grad, I made over $50K in my first year

Cons

Only being in the Northeast, company is expanding soon into the South so that will be great!

Advice to Management

Thanks for providing a great place to work. Keep up the good work so far this year!

May 5, 2015Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the company!

Many of our employees say quite often that they really enjoy the fact that our company provides them the opportunity not to be stuck

Corporate executive

Current Employee - Senior Branch Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Branch Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Webuyanycar.com USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great salary , relaxing environment strong opportunity . Every holiday off.

Cons

Long hours at work. You work most Saturdays

Advice to Management

They need to remove Weekend work!

Mar 23, 2015Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your recent review and taking some time to provide the company with some feedback in regards to being an employee here.

We appreciate that as an employee, you recognize that there

Please Stay AWAY

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Union, NJ
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Union, NJ

I worked at Webuyanycar.com USA

Pros

-You Will Be Alone and have plenty of time to nap

Cons

I will give you the serious run down of what to expect if you accept a job with these crooks.

You will work a 5 day week, having usually a Tuesday or Wednesday off. Everyday, you will have a phone conference with your area manager and all fellow "Branch Managers." You will discuss metrics, the golden egg of advancement in the company, where your area is at for the week, and who HAS to purchase a vehicle.

You will then log into your computer (which barely works), and check your APPT. schedule, you will call all your appts to confirm and reconfirm and keep calling those you can't. You will ask others to call and try to confirm customers you can't reach. Then you will sit and wait, and wait, and wait. Then you will get a lovely call from your Area Manager, who will tell you that you absolutely have to buy a car and that if you don't things will be very bad for you.

The truth is, this company is a sinking ship. The HR guy will comment back and say that "1000's of customers come to WBAC because of blah blah blah." Really? Then why did so many branches close overnight? Oh yea, don't bother going to your "strategy meeting"...That is you being laid off. But back to the point, you will be a slave, you will lie, cheat, and trick customers. Bait & Switch all day. Honestly, I don't know how the people who run this company sleep at night. They should all be ashamed of themselves.

Your pay structure is a completely joke, you can never trust your commission, and honestly (I can't prove it) but I think the company steals your pay. My metrics never matched the commission metrics I received the 15th of every month.

I also never received the commissions I was promised after I was laid off, to do this day.

Advice to Management

People know what you're about and if they don't, I plan on making it a staple in my life to bring the truth about WBAC to people.

May 5, 2015Director of Human Resources

I want to take the time to thank you for your recent review and taking the time to provide us some feedback. I’m sorry to hear that your experience at webuyanycar.com did not go as well as either you ... More

Archaic Business Model and Organization

I worked at Webuyanycar.com USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Responsibility in an entry level position
    - Experience closing deals
    - Experience with cold calling

Cons

- Pay (unless your goal is 35k-45k)
    - Communication is abysmal
    - Lack of direction
    - Constant change of plan
    - Cold calling
    - Working on your day off during a holiday week
    - Extremely slow stretches of business
    - Offering less than competition more often than not
    - Pricing is off too often
    - Price online is 99% of the time higher than what's offered in branch.

Advice to Management

Be honest with your employees and potential hires. The money and opportunity is GREATLY over-sold. Encourage better sales and business by rewarding your managers, they are the cornerstone of your operation.

Mar 23, 2015Director of Human Resources

Potential Employee Beware: Position is not what is seems.......cry wolf syndrome

Former Employee - Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Webuyanycar.com USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work by yourself in customer service field

Cons

Benefits, Salary, Unprofessional Upper Management,Non Existing Paid Holidays,10 hr days,No growth potential (even when told there is, while closing branches), corporate doesn't show invoices to back up branches P&L reports, some employees are out for themselves b/c it is a commission base position and do anything to make a buck even taken others business,

Advice to Management

Don't lie to your employees, be more professional,show quarterly and year end numbers don't just say it over a phone conference call or a 1 day convention that your employees have to pay for to attend!!! Make sure prior to sending out monthly P&L reports that you can back them up with copies of invoices, so Branch Managers can see where all their cost is coming from. Don't say we are making profit and then close Branches and lay off people and then say this is all part of the plan when you don't tell your employees what it is. Also don't say we have paid holidays off when we have to work our day off the week a major holiday is scheduled that is not a paid holiday!!!

Enter at Your Own Risk

I worked at Webuyanycar.com USA full-time

Pros

Progressive, fun environment, though the attitudes have certainly shifted as the company has been declining. Good people.

Cons

Company has been struggling for some time and has recently laid off many employees. They have not provided severance to those they have laid off.

Advice to Management

Do the right thing, offer severance pay to those you lay off.

Mar 3, 2015Director of Human Resources