WeddingWire

BEST Workplace in DC!!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chevy Chase, MD
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chevy Chase, MD

I have been working at WeddingWire

Pros

The company has amazing energy, and the environment is awesome. The compensation is extremely good, and benefits are wonderful. This is a great, growing company with many opportunities. The culture in this company is by far the best I have come across, and the non-traditional approach really has made me love where I work. You must look into WeddingWire for your career!

Cons

Sales are sales, and this has nothing to do with the company. Just remember what being in sales is all about and this will be the best sales job you could ask for.

Young company

I worked at WeddingWire

Pros

Everyone is very young, majority are females.

Cons

High turnover rate, not a very diverse company

could not love it more!

I have been working at WeddingWire

Pros

WeddingWire is a dream to work for!! I could not be happier here. The office culture is incredible, it is a fun close knit community where everyone is very supportive of one another. It is a very young company so the social aspect is perfect. The benefits are unheard of and the compensation is very generous. Catered breakfast every morning, frequently catered lunches, money allotted towards transportation, personal enrichment, and unlimited vacation!

Cons

No cons! I brag about WeddingWire to everyone, it truly is an incredible company.

keep doing what you're doing!

Cant' imagine a better place to work

I have been working at WeddingWire full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-AMAZING company culture
    -coworkers are sharp, hardworking, and fun
    -competitive compensation if you have the right skills and prove yourself capable
    -generous perks: unlimited paid time off, free meals, team trips/events, etc.
    -thorough orientation and on-going training/support

Cons

-sales culture is dominant
    -can be difficult to get to know people in other departments

LOVE working here, but I hope to see non-sales team members get the recognition that they deserve.

Great Start in Sales

Current Employee - Senior Sales Associate in Chevy Chase, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Associate in Chevy Chase, MD

I have been working at WeddingWire full-time (more than a year)

Pros

WeddingWire is an amazing company. Lot's of fast growth and they are the industry leaders. Also fantastic culture and fun environment.

Cons

there is a limit to how far you can excel here- it's more of a job than a careet, but the company seems to know that. Goals are not always fairly assigned, but such is the opinion in most sales roles.

Challenging, exciting, fast-paced

I worked at WeddingWire as an intern

Pros

I had a wonderful internship with WeddingWire-- they were thorough, inclusive, helped me grow in understanding of the tech industry and WeddingWire specifically. Great, valuable products and incredible people.

Cons

Climate is fast-paced, demanding, and requires you to jump on board without reservations-- you really have to put any insecurities to rest. Luckily, there's an awesome Sales Development team that is really nurturing and helpful to new employees, and can definitely help you in overcoming any challenges.

Best...Job...Ever

I have been working at WeddingWire full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great team environment so job satisfaction is both local (in my team) and company-wide. Very fair compensation and management is quick to respond when we have challenges on pay, work loads, etc.

Cons

Some of the jobs don't lead to very long career paths (but there is some good lateral opportunities for some)

Keep listening and make sure we know when you're responding to our feedback.

Start-up culture crammed into a rapidly growing industry leader

I worked at WeddingWire full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Working at WeddingWire was a privilege. Knowledgeable team-members and a positive collaborative atmosphere means opportunities to learn, hone your skills and push yourself. Self-motivated personnel will not go unnoticed.

WeddingWire is also a community; there are many in-house social activities, providing time to get to know your co-workers outside the job. Employees have the benefit of unlimited vacation, being able to schedule longer stints off than is possible at many other companies.

Consideration for promotion occurs yearly and potentially quicker if you excel. Managers are open to discussion about your ideas, concerns and are genuinely concerned for your well-being.

Cons

WeddingWire has retained the volatility of a start-up and is experiencing growing pains. Certain key team members have need to assume intense amounts of responsibility as a stop-gap. This can lead to much pressure and stress for those individuals and their teams. Growth has occurred almost too quickly and the company is working hard to adjust.

Compensation is about average for people in marketing/software development. There isn't 401k matching. Though there's opportunity to grow, its also possible to get pigeon-holed if you're not assertive. There's a 'Work hard, party hard' atmosphere about the company that will appeal to some and not others.

Oct 17, 2014Recruiter

Thank you for your review! Our team is working hard to proactively manage our growth. We will be offering a 401k match starting in 2015!

Fun place, sort yourself accordingly.

Former Employee - Technical Person in Friendship Heights, Montgomery, MD
    Former Employee - Technical Person in Friendship Heights, Montgomery, MD

I worked at WeddingWire full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company is dominated by a sales culture followed by a marketing culture followed by a tech culture. Think beer pong, video games or wine and cheese every other day.

Sales, as can be expected, is Darwinian. You don't make the numbers you're out. They do provide training. The territory assigned is sometimes total luck of the draw.

The company is open enough that you get to collaborate with different groups and learn different facets of the business. The main product being so highly visible and profitable means your work gets out in front of a large audience everyday.

Cons

Lots of Kool-Aid being ladled. Upper management are good talkers. But not so great with the walk. The focus is on squeezing revenue and making (bad) deals rather than doing the hard work of making good product. The best talent walks. If you are a good role player and don't mind being hitched to a wayward wagon, then WW is your place.

Ditch the dead weight. Regain the hunger and perspective of the early days.

Oct 17, 2014Recruiter

We feel that our culture is credited to the amazing employees that work at WeddingWire. We have fun while working hard and our hard work pays off. We strive to be the best at what we do. We want our ... More

Fun Fast Paced Job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chevy Chase, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chevy Chase, MD

I have been working at WeddingWire full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fun culture, smart Executives, great benefits, fast paced. always changing/growing, really fun social culture

Cons

It can at times be hard to move up and be in a salary range that is fitting for your experience and age if you did not get hired right out of college.

Better compensation

Oct 17, 2014Recruiter

We are constantly doing market research on employee compensation to remain competitive within the marketplace! We have in place mid year and annual reviews where performance and compensation are ... More