Weddingful Reviews

Reset
3.5
Angel Pui

1. Mentality: aggressive and driven

Current Employee - Account Manager in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Weddingful full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a member of the sales team, I have to say that it's refreshing to have a group that is driven as a group. We're in it for the big picture, we're young and aggressive. The Owner takes the time to get to know you and your style, there are one on one mentoring sessions to help you with your pitch. The priorities have always been building a rapport/relationship with the vendors first, we're looking for people that believe in our vision.

Cons

At times the office can get a bit loud, with sales people always on their phones. Sometimes I take my calls outside of the office. When I first started out it was difficult to transition to selling subscription service for

Advice to Management

Not entirely sure what kind of promotion Weddingful can offer. As a city manager you're tasked to grow a city from scratch so I see it as being your own boss.

2. whoa

I worked at Weddingful

Pros

The regular staff were nice, although a bit of a revolving door going on during the few months I was there.

Cons

Owner's people skills are lacking. Walked into the office and it looked like a boiler room. I needed a job desperately and so I took this one. Bring your own cell phone and your own laptop. No desks, or phones - just rows of tables. Work overtime and on weekends - and don't get paid for it or given time off, however I was told they're quite generous in giving you time off for doctors appointments. (The VP's words; not mine.) It wasn't long before I realized my "sales position" was actually a telemarketing position (though they vehemently denied it is) I don't know what to call a job that you are required to make 75 to 100 calls a day for. Ridiculous. I got a blank stare when I asked the owner if they wanted to build relationships or did they just want to grab and run. It appeared the latter is what they wanted and so I left. Work/Life balance isn't available either.

Advice to Management

They already know. Fell on deaf ears.

3. Lots of potential but be careful!!

Current Employee - Marketing/Sales in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Marketing/Sales in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Weddingful full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful idea for shaking up the Wedding industry
    Great location in the heart of the City
    Fast- pace environment

Cons

Leadership skills need improving
    Very shady business practices (creating fake vendor accounts and Spamming)
    Less than stellar office conditions

Advice to Management

Focus more on building a sound ecommerce startup business and less on profits
    Let your employees do the job you hired them to do
    Looking into long term planning not just the next site promotion

5. Great Product, Great Team

I have been working at Weddingful full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Passionate about what we do, always looking to make the product and connections better. The team is great! No drama, easy going, small but powerful!

Cons

Still figuring out the best way to do things. 10 vacation days/year.

6. Great Company with high focus on Growth!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Weddingful full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company strives for excellence and has high expectations for output from employees. Their a a culture of learning, change and constant growth. Lots of opportunity to take on and learn new tasks.

Cons

Growing team, so more process is needed in some areas to ensure most effective use of everyone's time. Expectations are really high, so it's not a fit for everyone!

Advice to Management

Keep building on process improvements, focusing on key goals and metrics and growing the great people in your team!

7. Goal/product oriented, fun and very creative team! Great website, whole team is devoted to making the website better.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Weddingful full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very innovative and creative ideas, never a dull moment at work! Lots to learn, great new projects and learning opportunities. A very smart, solid and effective team. Everyone seem to be able to achieve a whole lot! Compared to most companies we seem to do alot more.

Cons

Hard to keep up work with sometimes, not for the weak and people who don't cut it do get cut quickly.

Advice to Management

Keep up the hard work and keep solving the problem. The website is looking better and better. Let's have more team members!

8. Nice people, bad leadership. Purely money driven.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Weddingful part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small team, easy to communicate, very nice people, very focused on the job.

Cons

A bit too focused on making $$$ to the point where proper details and processes are often overlooked. It felt more about creating revenue than creating a good customer relationship.

Though that may be start up culture to deliver an MVP within a certain schedule, the leaders did not seem to appreciate or understand the trades of the people they hired, which resulted in a more tunnel-vision / top-down leadership style.

Advice to Management

Understand your employees, understand what they do and why you hired them, and let them do their job.

RSS Feed </> Embed